Forums » Guild Recruitment

[CONDEMNED] A Team-Focused PvP & Raid Guild

• 30 posts
    November 15, 2018 12:28 PM PST

Longtime friend Dreadsalot comes to play! Glad to be playing with you again buddy!

• 91 posts
    November 19, 2018 7:40 PM PST

CND wishes everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving.  

• 79 posts
    November 25, 2018 3:42 PM PST

Would like welcome aboard new members!

• 35 posts
    November 27, 2018 12:07 AM PST

Welcome to the Guild YMJR! happy to have you, buddy.

• 91 posts
    December 2, 2018 8:28 AM PST

Grats and welcome to our Raast the newest member of Team CND.

• 8 posts
    December 7, 2018 12:53 PM PST

Welcome:)

• 54 posts
    December 12, 2018 12:45 PM PST

Louden said:

Grats and welcome to our Raast the newest member of Team CND.

Welcome Raast! Good to have you on board! :)

• 35 posts
    December 13, 2018 9:38 PM PST

Kinlaf welcome to the guild!

• 79 posts
    December 20, 2018 9:28 PM PST

Welcome to the guild!

• 8 posts
    January 3, 2019 8:45 PM PST

I would strongly discourage people from joining this guild. They were playing in Atlas and the guild leaders all decided to stop playing one day with no warning, and instead of making it a smooth transition they changed the name to "Paying for Early Access" and left the guild to the wolves since allies would not understand that "Paying for Early Access" was formerly Condemned.

Then when we went to them to get the Guild ownership moved over they gave the person who was stepping up flack and dragged their feet along the process.

PHILOSOPHY

While Condemned is a competitive guild our greatest victories are not those achieved through in-game accomplishments. They are instead measured by the comradery and long-term friendships forged through working towards a common goal throughout many years of gaming. Teamwork, organization and a unified vision is the foundation not only for success in game but also for establishing a long-term community.

Comradery isn't leaving one day and changing the guild name to something salty/lame.

INTEGRITY

We do not cheat, exploit, or spy on other guilds and we do not tolerate those that do. Members do not talk in a negative fashion to other players or guilds. We believe in walking the walk, not talking the talk.

Let's pretend there wasn't a late night alliance betral, right?

ATTITUDE

Attitude is the most important factor when evaluating the potential in new members of Condemned. We look for positive and humble players with the initiative to learn. All members regardless of experience and rank look for opportunities to improve themselves regardless of perceived skill level.

I am not even faulting leadership for burning out. It was the attitude about the whole thing. The way it was done, and then the way the remaining players were treated after. It is a disgusting display. They could have vetted people to decide who would be the future leader (there were people who wanted the position) and they could have given us an option on the future name, or at least not giving us a super salty name.

SPORTSMANSHIP

“Good sportsmanship encompasses many aspects of a man’s character, the most fundamental being respect. The good sportsman respects both his teammates and his opponents as equals. He plays with integrity. A win that does not come fairly holds no satisfaction for him. He is honest in his dealings with opponents, because he treats them the way he wants to be treated. He is unselfish in his desire to see all his teammates participate and enjoy the game. He is humble in his victories, and has the proper perspective on his losses. In short, the qualities that go in to making a good man are the same ones that contribute to being a great sportsman.” -Brett McKay

I feel like the top comments cover this one as well.

And on top of all that the majority of the people playing weren't ever able to enjoy the game. Lots of people wanted to PVP and they were forced to gather. Lots of people wanted to tame animals from other islands but were forced to gather. Lots of people wanted to build boats and explore and were forced to gather. And if we were gathering for a guild achievement/progression that would be fantastic. But we were literally gathering to build an extremely huge and unncessary base. Bases.

0/10.

This post was edited by Whisper at January 3, 2019 9:41 PM PST
    • 14 posts
    January 4, 2019 12:57 AM PST

For those that are interested in crafting, make sure to stop by and see https://www.pantheoncrafters.com/. There are several good writeups, theorycrafting, and up to date information.

• 91 posts
    January 4, 2019 1:13 AM PST

@Lonexile Nice work bud.  Look forward to some of that Pantheon Crafting game.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and can't wait to see what 2019 brings for Pantheon.  

• 79 posts
    January 4, 2019 1:37 AM PST

Lonexile said:

For those that are interested in crafting, make sure to stop by and see https://www.pantheoncrafters.com/. There are several good writeups, theorycrafting, and up to date information.

Good stuff!

• 54 posts
    January 4, 2019 1:41 AM PST

Lonexile said:

Awesome!!! Although I am not a crafter, I have been interested in crafting for Pantheon. Maybe I will give it a swing! 

• 79 posts
    January 4, 2019 10:27 AM PST

Also you can check out what the crafting round table comes up with right here on this site.    https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/9868/crafter-s-roundtable-holiday-edition-craftable-quot-fun-quot

They have some real intresting stuff going on!

This post was edited by Wisdom at January 4, 2019 10:27 AM PST
    • 54 posts
    January 4, 2019 10:28 AM PST

Wisdom said:

Also you can check out what the crafting round table comes up with right here on this site.    https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/9868/crafter-s-roundtable-holiday-edition-craftable-quot-fun-quot

They have some real intresting stuff going on!

I didn't know that! Well you guys are the crafting experts - I will follow your lead :D

• 58 posts
    January 4, 2019 10:35 AM PST

I'm glad we have guildies that get knee-deep into crafting, because most of the time I just stick my toes in the pool. But, I'll do all of the above because I'm a good guildie that works toward the greater good.

• 54 posts
    January 4, 2019 10:55 AM PST

Nevron said:

I'm glad we have guildies that get knee-deep into crafting, because most of the time I just stick my toes in the pool. But, I'll do all of the above because I'm a good guildie that works toward the greater good.

Yup pretty much!!!

• 8 posts
    January 4, 2019 1:23 PM PST

Oh, Crafting, yeah!

R

• 14 posts
    January 4, 2019 11:03 PM PST

Crafting can make a good game great!

• 14 posts
    January 5, 2019 7:39 AM PST

So looking forward to a game with decent crafting.  I expect this to be more than the cookie cutter crafting that many MMOs have today.

• 8 posts
    January 5, 2019 1:53 PM PST

You, and the rest of the leadership literally abandoned us. I would have gladly expressed my grievance to you, or anyone else, if you once joined the rest of us in Team Speak, or Discord. But since you raged quit you and the rest of leadership have refused to join the rest of us and stayed in your own channels locked to just you guys.

And if I had known you guys would abandon one day without a moments notice during a day I spent literally five hours farming resources you guys requested that day and then turn around and change the name of the guild to something salty, and refuse to pass leadership until your hoops were jumped through I would have quit awhile ago. However, I can't see the future. And while I disagreed with the mega structures that held no purpose and disagreed with people being forced to farm for them, I bought into the group mentality. I thought we were a team, and had no problem making that sacrifice for the team. If we were going to fail because of it I looked forward to the future battle where it happened.

You have proven, there was no team. Even when you decided to rage quit and brought in the "core" team, it wasn't the core team of this game. There were a number of us who put in 12-15 hours a day, every day, and got no say in those talks. We were all muted when you decided to talk to us, so even at the last time you were in the same teamspeak as us, we couldn't express our grievances.

And attempting to remain? On your Whisper account? You are acting like I made an alt account. This account is 2 years old and the one I will be using for this game and in team speak my user name was literally changed to "We are in Resistance Discord" in TeamSpeak, I made no attempt to remain part of Condemned. Like I said in my last post I would strongly discourage anyone from joining this guild.

That includes me. Crovax. I would have sent this message in Discord but since you closed that avenue here I am (Which doesn't surpise me since after you abandoned the guild you refused to step into any channel where someone might be that isn't part of your guild leadership).

This post was edited by Whisper at January 5, 2019 1:55 PM PST
    • 91 posts
    January 5, 2019 10:02 PM PST

First, I would like to state that we typically do not publically respond to these types of posts. However, it seems there are inaccuracies that need to be addressed.

When the early access launch date for Atlas was announced, guild leadership quickly made the decision to give the game a try but only committed to play for 30 days from the original release date. This was discussed at our initial Atlas meeting with all CND members. As the game was releasing during the holidays many members in leadership were off from work/school allowing for greater play time. While we left short of the initial 30-day window, it was in no means a “rage quit”.  Members knew a decision would be coming shortly based on the initial meeting.  At the exit meeting leadership expressed the reasons for our departure including the demmanding time commitment associated with 24-hour coverage, bugs, excessive lag, and log-in issues. These issues were also shared by many others in the guild. At launch we entered with close to 80 players. When we departed there were approximately 30 active.

There is a reason you left off the first portion of my message off your screenshot as it illustrates we did attempt to contact you multiple days and you chose not to make yourself available. We held multiple meetings with members in both Teamspeak and Discord over the past few days. In these meetings we reminded the team of our open-door policy and that we could be reached anytime on Discord even now. Leadership made it a point to be in voice in Discord the first 24 hours after we announced we were leaving to assist members with any questions or concerns they might have. Multiple people came to us and we addressed every one. You claim we were in a locked channel and could not be reached. We were in the leadership channel which is locked however, to my knowledge unlike other members with concerns we received no message from you, be it Discord, Teamspeak or even the guild website indicating you wished to speak about anything.

Regarding your comment on the guild meeting channel, it is regularly muted and members submit questions at the end as occurred recently to avoid open mic issues or other interruptions. Typically, a member is tasked with receiving questions from members during meeting and presenting them at the end. All questions/comments members provided the night of the departure meeting were answered prior to us leaving channel.

Contrary to what you are attempting to portray, we allowed those wishing to continue in Atlas to vote on who they would like to lead them going forward. We felt it best for those remaining to select new leadership instead of us choosing to anoint someone. The core member meeting you seem to view as nefarious consisted of us requesting a few long-term members to create a poll on new leadership going forward and include everyone in the vote wishing to remain. We also asked them if there was anyone, they felt should not have admin during the transition who might either steal guild resources or knock down structures. They provided a single name who was then removed as an administrator.

Your vote on new leadership was listed in the poll provided to us, so I can only assume you were aware of the leadership transition you claim didn't occur. If this is incorrect I would suggest you take it up with your current leadership. We attempted to validate the results on our end. Prior to transferring guild ownership we had another meeting in which I linked the poll that was to provide to us to everyone in Teamspeak. I asked if everyone's vote was accurate prior handing over the guild and all those in channel stated their votes were accurately recorded. I also noted there were 6 votes without names and Glex had voted 4 times in the poll however, it didn't appear such anomalies would alter the results.

Here is a link to my full message:

Your recorded vote for leadership (Row 7 Crovax): 

This will be my only response to you.  While I don’t agree with your posts I understand your need to voice your displeasure about your former team.  

This post was edited by Louden at January 6, 2019 12:08 AM PST
    • 8 posts
    January 6, 2019 12:07 AM PST

Louden said:

First, I would like to state that we typically do not publically respond to these types of posts. However, it seems there are inaccuracies that need to be addressed.

There is a reason you left off the first portion of my message off your screenshot as it illustrates we did attempt to contact you for multiple times and you chose not to make yourself available. We held multiple meetings with members in both Teamspeak and Discord over the past few days. In these meetings we reminded the team of our open-door policy and that we could be reached anytime on Discord even now. Leadership made it a point to be in voice in Discord the first 24 hours after we announced we were leaving to assist members with any questions or concerns they might have. Multiple people came to us and we addressed every one. You claim we were in a locked channel and could not be reached. We were in the leadership channel which is locked however, to my knowledge unlike other members with concerns we received no message from you, be it Discord, Teamspeak or even the guild website indicating you wished to speak about anything.

Regarding your comment on the guild meeting channel, it is regularly muted and members submit questions at the end as occurred recently to avoid open mic issues or other interruptions. Typically, a member is tasked with receiving questions from members during meeting and presenting them at the end. All questions/comments members provided the night of the departure meeting were answered prior to us leaving channel.

Contrary to what you are attempting to portray, we allowed those wishing to continue in Atlas to vote on who they would like to lead them going forward. We felt it best for those remaining to select new leadership instead of us choosing to anoint someone. The core member meeting you seem to view as nefarious consisted of us requesting a few long-term members to create a poll on new leadership going forward and include everyone in the vote wishing to remain. We also asked them if there was anyone, they felt should not have admin during the transition who might either steal guild resources or knock down structures. They provided a single name who was then removed as an administrator.

Your vote on new leadership was listed in the poll provided to us, so I can only assume you were aware of the leadership transition you claim didn't occur. If this is incorrect I would suggest you take it up with your current leadership. We attempted to validate the results on our end. Prior to transferring guild ownership we had another meeting in which I linked the poll that was to provide to us to everyone in Teamspeak. I asked if everyone's vote was accurate prior handing over the guild and all those in channel stated their votes were accurately recorded. I also noted there were 6 votes without names and Glex had voted 4 times in the poll however, it didn't appear such anomalies would alter the results.

Here is a link to my full message:

Your recorded vote for leadership (Row 7 Crovax): 

This will be my only response to you.  While I don’t agree with your posts I understand your need to voice your displeasure about your former team.  

If you sent that message to me before you decided to quit that would make sense. Or after you decided to quit but before you gave us a salty name instead of our guild tags that would make sense. Heck, even, if you sent those messages after you decided to quit and after you changed our name and left us to the wolves, sure. But you didn't. Instead you choose to ignore us, and stayed in a private team speak channel that only senior leadership was allowed into. You quit the game. You changed the guild name to something super salty. Why in the world would I message someone who isn't my guild leader any longer, who has shown they don't care about what others think, about any of this? I wasn't in CND anymore. You weren't in game anymore. It would accomplish 0%.

Wisdom and you did not send me one message until after I made a post here, and that is far far to late. Like I just pointed out at this point there was no reason for me to talk to either of you about this issue at this point. That stage has passed.

The guild had already made their choice (Broflex) and the very poll you linked shows that and that is literally the hoop I was referring to. That added an entire day of being in a guild called, "Paying for Early Access" that you gave us with no leader to make choices like what will happen with alliances, or direction. Ontop of a day where we had no leader because of your actions. If you planned to quit doing that poll, and process beforehand would have been a smart move, no? Or at least giving someone leadership while you are away so we can fix things like our guild name-Something you refused to do. And these decisions had very real consequences since we were attacked at our Iron Island by Allies because they didn't realize we were condemmned and thought someone took the Island.

So you are wrong. You didn't message me till January 5th (As your very own screenshot shows). Wisdom messaged me yesterday while we were PVPing, but that is still after you quit. After we were left with no leadership. After we were left with a salty name. After you refused to pass leadership to someone until after a poll was made. And then after I made this post here. Which is also after you apparently banned/kicked someone else who you thought made this post.

The fact you cannot own up to any of the faults you made in this transition, or the way you acted after to the people in the guild shows I am completely right in discouraging people to join.

And please don't lie and act like that poll happened during the transition. It happened after. You quit. You changed the guild name. We as a guild (not you) decided Broflex would be our new leader and when we went to you, you refused to pass leadership to him until a poll was made. That is the poll you were talking about. It wasn't made during the transition but after. And it is not something you bestowed upon us as a helpful gesture but one that prolonged the pain while the decision was already made but we couldn't move on because of your leadership.

• 54 posts
    January 6, 2019 1:25 AM PST

Animae said:

So looking forward to a game with decent crafting.  I expect this to be more than the cookie cutter crafting that many MMOs have today.

Hey Animae this one is for you!!

"The sun was shining on the sea,
          Shining with all his might:
    He did his very best to make
          The billows smooth and bright —
    And this was odd, because it was
          The middle of the night.

The moon was shining sulkily,
          Because she thought the sun
    Had got no business to be there
          After the day was done —
    "It's very rude of him," she said,