Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

You Can Only Pick One!

• 9115 posts
    July 31, 2017 3:57 AM PDT

If you could only ask for one item to start the game with at level 1, what would it be and why? #PRF #Communitymatters

• 332 posts
    July 31, 2017 4:12 AM PDT

Jboots - the ability to travel faster , kite mobs , run from mobs in essence is game changing.

• 159 posts
    July 31, 2017 4:19 AM PDT

I feel this is a trick question... Do clothes count towards the item limit? If not, then I'd have to say underpants. Because I couldn't really start adventuring without some basic protection for my virtual man-parts.

Assuming clothes are included, I'd probably choose a small knife. I could use it as a weapon for defence and offence (moar loots!), to carve some tools, harvest plants, dig up mushrooms, skin some critters, filet some fish, clean my nails, pick my teeth...

Or a towel. It's a tough choice, because everyone knows you should always bring a towel.

• 12 posts
    July 31, 2017 4:24 AM PDT
    A class guild specific item that gives some definition to the class. Something that will last past lvl1, but not overpowering enough to make it easy mode
    Assuming you can kill monsters with bare hands and/or you start with your classes inate spells/abilities.

Monk - fist wraps that increase agility
    Warrior - a sword that increases strength or Constitution
    Druid - a wreath that increases wisdom
    Rogue - boots that increase dexterity
    Wizard - a robe that increases mana or intelligence
    Etc.
    • 2 posts
    July 31, 2017 4:45 AM PDT
    I would say a bag
    • 2130 posts
    July 31, 2017 4:50 AM PDT

Fungus Covered Scale Tunic

Nothing else matters when you have practically infinite health and can kill mobs 10 levels above you through a battle of attrition.

• 542 posts
    July 31, 2017 4:59 AM PDT

It would be Syronia's embrace to return to purified Myr form
    But rather than an item to start with,it might be better as an achievable goal

• 8 posts
    July 31, 2017 5:00 AM PDT

Bag of Holding X

• 3 posts
    July 31, 2017 5:12 AM PDT

Fungus tunic or mana robe, dependant on class. 

• 1618 posts
    July 31, 2017 5:34 AM PDT

Big Ass Backpack

• 9115 posts
    July 31, 2017 5:40 AM PDT

daemonios said:

I feel this is a trick question... Do clothes count towards the item limit? If not, then I'd have to say underpants. Because I couldn't really start adventuring without some basic protection for my virtual man-parts.

Assuming clothes are included, I'd probably choose a small knife. I could use it as a weapon for defence and offence (moar loots!), to carve some tools, harvest plants, dig up mushrooms, skin some critters, filet some fish, clean my nails, pick my teeth...

Or a towel. It's a tough choice, because everyone knows you should always bring a towel.

No trick, basic clothes and a weapon would already be given to you, you get to pick one extra item on top of these ;)

• 422 posts
    July 31, 2017 5:46 AM PDT

A nice large bag with weight reduction.

Starting on EQ's TLP servers recently remineded me how damn annoying it can be to have such limited inventory space in a game where you have to watch the weight of the items you are carrying. When bags themselves can weigh a good bit and beginning store bought bags don't add that much space in any event, a large capacity weigh reduction bag is GOLD.

• 170 posts
    July 31, 2017 6:19 AM PDT

I know, I know, NO in game maps.. but I'd like to start with a system where I could draw (very basic, think stick figures) the basic dimensions of the zone I was in, and mark camps and zone connections and other key features with kindergarten level drawing skills.  So, In the game, I hit M key and pull out my map that I made based on what I explored that has nothing but what I added and the games basic drawing of my starting city which comes based on race chosen. I will go get my gear and weapons but I'd like to have an in game way to know where I'm headed with out having to refer to my notepad next to my keyboard all the time. I would think that would be an easy system that's not really a map system but more of an exploration log, that only has what I log.

• 1019 posts
    July 31, 2017 6:25 AM PDT

I'd have to go with a mount for movement speed, or like someone else mentioned, Jboots for movement speed.  I have game where just running around places is a chore.  Although after seeing the backpack comments, I kinda want a backpack worth something too.

• 432 posts
    July 31, 2017 6:31 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

If you could only ask for one item to start the game with at level 1, what would it be and why? #PRF #Communitymatters

I think something to do with the class you have chosen to play maybe? I really havnt a clue for what that would be. 

Rations would be nice. But how meaningful would those be to a 1st lvl character. And towards a person who has never played before. It might be a better experience to let them get hungry first because only then will they realize how important food is. Perspective is great isnt it?

Good question. Really got me thinking.

This is really tough. What is a simple weapon everyone can use but is really poor? A stick. Not even a club. A stick. And when the player sees that skeleton walk by with a quarterstaff they will be like... Oooh bigger stiiiick!!

#micdrop

-mobile

-Todd

This post was edited by tehtawd at July 31, 2017 6:33 AM PDT
    • 319 posts
    July 31, 2017 7:01 AM PDT

Absolutely a nice big weight reduction bag .

And maybe the password to Bill Gates bank account-jk

• 85 posts
    July 31, 2017 7:02 AM PDT

a Torch to light your way at night

• 6 posts
    July 31, 2017 7:11 AM PDT

Boots would definitely be a "nice to have" but I think, as many others have, a backpack of some sort would be much more functional.

• 24 posts
    July 31, 2017 7:15 AM PDT

BAG!

• 9115 posts
    July 31, 2017 7:19 AM PDT

Haha, so many replies for bags across all platforms! :D

• 626 posts
    July 31, 2017 7:21 AM PDT

Man so many good options...

I guess I would have to say a big weight reduction bag would be most logical. 

but I can't help but thinking of something more cool then anything. IE - A pet wisp that provides light in the dark :), not sure why but this sounds neat to me to have a wisp floating by my side as I run through the scary darkness of terminus. 

• 724 posts
    July 31, 2017 7:26 AM PDT

Yep, a bag with weight reduction would be very high on my priority list too!

Although I don't think you should start out with one as a new character. You have to go through the time of being overburdened to really appreciate it when you finally get that bag! :) But I guess the same could be said for many "convenience" items.

So, as an alternative, I would like to have a basic light source as a starting item, because that can be really helpful.

• 48 posts
    July 31, 2017 7:39 AM PDT
    I would say mount, but then I'd loose the nostalgia of running around. I'd say a magical item but then I'd have a slight advantage right off the bat. I'd say a huge bag but then I'd miss the typical inventory struggles we all suffer in the beginning. It seems everything I might want or think I need would hinder the growth development of my skill, patience, social encounters. So if I could ask for one extra item, I'd ask for a special brew made by my Dwarven Brethren. This is something that could increase my speed but only briefly, make me stronger for a bit, help me see what I might miss on a walk or run, and something I as a dwarf can offer a stranger to develop friendships. Limit 5 a day (rations are limited due to limited spice supplies and cure times). Available to dwarves, can be traded, no value. So short and sweet... Beer me Terminus!
    • 18 posts
    July 31, 2017 7:41 AM PDT

i played Erudite, seeing in the dark was tough. so flaming sword

• 18 posts
    July 31, 2017 8:16 AM PDT

While a bigger bag, mount or some kind of magic item would be a nice start, these are rather items I'd like to earn.

I'll go with some food or potions to help a bit in the start.