Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What are your ideals and game-breakers?

• 769 posts
    August 16, 2017 1:33 PM PDT

DragonFist said:

Of course, there would need to be an approval process so that no one creates penis chairs or spaceship interiors (unless that fits some Terminus art style.)

Pffft. Well there goes my contributions.

• 2130 posts
    August 16, 2017 1:35 PM PDT

Players submitting stuff for a cash shop gets pretty complex really fast with international tax law, and just tax law in general. It's way too much effort.

I want to see a basic service cash shop. Server transfer, race change, etc.

• 281 posts
    August 16, 2017 2:20 PM PDT

Something else that I'd prefer, not quite a deal-breaker but something that grinds my gears -- bosses that are immune to everything.

I understand that you can't have Raid mobs or even group-named being killed being killed all the time with some simple mechanic like keeping it on perma-stun.  But let's get inventive.  It is truly annoying to invest in skill and have them be useless when it really matters.  Or worse, have a set of skills become unused ever because it is just not worth having them on your bar.

Sure, make a main boss or named resistive to these things, or become MOSTLY immune to some things for brief periods after they are successfully used on such a boss.  Like, boss stunned.  Boss 98% immune to stun for 30sec-1min or some such.

So many games have taken a lazy route to handling this and it makes things like stuns only useful for trash or PvP.  This applies to a lot more than stuns, but it is a common example.

• 50 posts
    August 16, 2017 3:17 PM PDT

Liav said:

Players submitting stuff for a cash shop gets pretty complex really fast with international tax law, and just tax law in general. It's way too much effort.

I want to see a basic service cash shop. Server transfer, race change, etc.

Yeah, that stuff is good. I guess I was talking more about cash shops that are fronts for pay to win mechanics or regular content like inventory space that is scaled back to make players feel the need to pick it up. Stuff that just nickels and dimes the player. There are def cases where it's been done right and in the end I just want this game to succeed so if this game were to have a cash shop at some point I'd take a wait and see approach before I were to gripe about it. Wildstar does it right for the most part, a good game that sadly doesn't have the players it deserves.

• 15 posts
    August 16, 2017 7:11 PM PDT

One of the biggest things I dislike in games and I lose interest fast is having classes become narrow minded using one spec because that spec "needs to be used that way to be in a group".  I love when classes are diverse and effective in different ways.  An example would be a druid as a healer, buffer/cc, or damage dealer.  Warriors shouldn't be 'just tanks' but be able to damage deal effectively as well if specced or skills chosen go that way.

I also agree with bosses being immune to everything as a turn off.  They should have high resists and if a cc or other ability does hit,  it increases their resist level afterwards and it also breaks easily or much sooner than normal.    Why have skills to use if they become basically useless on bosses.  Obviously certain bosses can be immune to certain things but shouldn't be to all things.  Such as a boss immune to stuns but can be "startled" by a fear spell and lose its concentration for a second or two causing it to be interrupted for example.

• 17 posts
    August 20, 2017 1:01 PM PDT

Ideals:

A primitve MNMORPG experiance that hinges on the players ability to make the most of whjat they have as well as like-minded players that will give their all without expecting or wanting hand-outs, so the opposite of modern MMORPG's.

Deal Breakers:

Req Windows 10 to play, EG not allowing Windows 7 or other types of OS's.

In-Game shop/micro transactions/F2P Model.

Excessive QoL.

Content that is made obsoletet/out-dated.

Lack of player scaleing/lowering to play with newplayers or alts of other players on equal terms.

--I don't want to get too picky here so those are my top 5 Biggies

• 281 posts
    August 20, 2017 4:14 PM PDT

EndGamerZ said:

Deal Breakers:

Lack of player scaleing/lowering to play with newplayers or alts of other players on equal terms.

Having seen what scaling everybody all the time did to ESO (everything is the same, next to no sense of accomplishment, etc), I wouldn't want that.

I don't mind a mentoring mechanic, where a player can scale temselves down to help others, etc. In fact, I think it is required, shouldn't be an after thought like it was in EQ1.

But make the whole world scale with you like Skyrim or ESO, gets boring.  And it doesn't really matter where you go, because no matter what content you do, it will drop stuff that is scaled to you.  It got to a point that the only thing worth doing were the veteran dugeons and there are only a certain number of those and doing the same thing over and over just gets boring.

• 610 posts
    August 21, 2017 6:57 PM PDT

2 Things are deal breakers for me

1) a cash shop...nope, wont do it. Soon as the CS is introduced then all the cool items start appearing on there and the stuff you find in game looks like **** (Im talking about all the people who claim that having just cosmetic items in the CS wont hurt the game, bull crap)

2) if at any time what so ever I am forced to PvP or am flagged as PvP with out me specifically flagging myself, Im done. When Rift launched they had these really big Events, People from both sides of their faction would show up to fight the boss...but of course some arse holes would flag themselves pvp and soon as someone cast an AOE and hit them it would automatically flag you for pvp and they would then gank you