Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

More game play PLEASE!!

• 13 posts
    July 27, 2017 11:24 AM PDT
    Is anyone else dying to see some more content/game play? Please do more live game play I need to feed my obsession for this game :)
    • 9 posts
    July 27, 2017 11:54 AM PDT

It would be cool to see the games progression as time goes on. I know the game is still in development. But It'd be intriguing to see how much it has been improved since May. Though, the devs often give us photo updates it is almost not enough! XD

This post was edited by Nanethiel at July 27, 2017 11:54 AM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    July 27, 2017 11:58 AM PDT

The answer to that is always this:

"Pre-alpha is the focus right now folks, so please be patient and give us time to get the game ready for testing, playing it is better than watching us play it, right? We need time to focus all of our energy on getting it ready ;)"

(Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/6355/i-neeed-my-pantheon-fix-so-pleeaassee-vr-more-twitch ;)

This post was edited by Bazgrim at July 27, 2017 11:58 AM PDT
    • 151 posts
    July 27, 2017 11:58 AM PDT

I for one am hoping there hasn't been any talk of more streams or game play video because they are pushing hard for alpha. I would much rather have the alpha ready to go then to have more streams. I think the previous streams did what they needed to do. Showed anybody watching that there is a working game that was showing big improvements each time it was shown off. Maybe do some more class description pages or lore stuff. That would be good and not as hard or time consuming to do as a stream I would think.

So I got what I wanted from the other videos. Now I just want in.

• 2752 posts
    July 27, 2017 1:02 PM PDT

A new video/stream every 4-6 months showing larger overall improvements on the game is good enough for me. More videos doesn't make the game come out any sooner so I can wait. 

• 125 posts
    July 27, 2017 4:28 PM PDT

I agree with Iksar. Every 4 months or so is fine by me. Although they are fun to watch I prefer to see a big differance and not small incrementale changes. If the game gets released a day earlier by not doing another stream Im good with that.

• 9115 posts
    July 27, 2017 5:17 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

"Pre-alpha is the focus right now folks, so please be patient and give us time to get the game ready for testing, playing it is better than watching us play it, right? We need time to focus all of our energy on getting it ready ;)"

(Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/6355/i-neeed-my-pantheon-fix-so-pleeaassee-vr-more-twitch ;)

Spot on man, being a small team we really need to focus on the big things so we can move forward into testing. Making streams/videos is actually a huge resource hog and takes many people away from their jobs, so we try to limit it to every few months to show measurable progress and also include some kind of reveal, whether it be content, classes, races or a new zone etc.

We love to hear that you folks are keen for more though and hopefully, we can do another one in the not too distant future! :)

• 94 posts
    July 27, 2017 6:52 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

I would love to see more video BUT I would rather play so..... the above statement sums it up for me.

• 20 posts
    July 28, 2017 3:57 AM PDT

The more they reveal, the less you'll get to experience first hand.

Do you think a movie would be better if you went in not knowing anything about the plot or if you already were told all of the major plot points in advance?

• 422 posts
    July 28, 2017 8:38 AM PDT

Repoman said: Is anyone else dying to see some more content/game play? Please do more live game play I need to feed my obsession for this game :)

Nothing new to show, it'd basically be the same as just re-watching the other streams. You people are impatient. :p

• 65 posts
    July 28, 2017 9:59 AM PDT

Just get drunk and watch them again :) 

• 626 posts
    July 28, 2017 10:57 AM PDT

Yup, Testing > Streaming! Let us find out in the game!

This post was edited by Reignborn at July 28, 2017 10:58 AM PDT
    • 1404 posts
    July 28, 2017 11:31 AM PDT

They do too well at the stream's making them appear that they have a running working game just sting there waiting to play. I'm pretty sure that's just an illusion they are trying to create, if it was just that easy we would all be testing by now.

I agree with many here, no slacking arround making live Streams...get back to work!

Jk.... good job peeps!

• 188 posts
    July 28, 2017 5:48 PM PDT

We'd all love to see some more game play, but think big picture here.  This is not a team that is large enough to cater the media they create to the satisfying the existing fanbase.  We all want to see as much of the game as we can, but their time is better spent actually making MORE of the game.  Each video they release needs to be specifically planned to expand the audience and reach people who are not already paying as much attention as we are.  Sure, there needs to be a nod to those who have been keeping this going, but long term it is certainly a disservice to spend time creating something that doesn't advance the end game here.

That's not to say, in an ideal scenario, we wouldn't want to have more and more, of course.  

• 2138 posts
    July 28, 2017 6:10 PM PDT

Even boring dev testing, like Kilsin jumping off a rock or trying to stab a tree over and over. Joppa running through water to see when the swim kicks in or if he just walks on the sea floor, Zynxsie casting the same spell on a scorpion to see how long it takes her to die- parsing the scorpions hits. Montressor getting annoyed at the shape of a stone on a certain landscape just not coming out right. Hearing zippyzee in the background saying "hail him again! hail him again!" and watching the NPC one-shot the player and laughing maniacly.

Stuff like that would be cool. Provided their are no beans involved, legally.

This post was edited by Manouk at July 28, 2017 6:11 PM PDT
    • 78 posts
    July 28, 2017 7:01 PM PDT

Every Stream clearly shows a significant amount of improvement to the game. Whether graphics/animations/UI being refined or the added mechanics/features we see on every stream. The pace looks promising and let's hope they can push Pre-Alpha to be launched during the 3rd quarter of 2017.

I've read somewhere they're aiming to make Kingsreach continent ready with content for Alpha (or was it pre-alpha?) that's a lot of content to create.