Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

It's In The Details!

• 9115 posts
    July 27, 2017 3:55 AM PDT

South Saol is a beautiful area from the lush flora to the detail in the buildings and even the ground you walk on #PRF

Image may contain: sky, tree, mountain, cloud, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, plant, tree, mountain, cloud, outdoor and nature

• 542 posts
    July 27, 2017 4:33 AM PDT

such lovely peaceful areas <3 It would almost be a shame to have a fight in the first screeny
    Feel more like having a garden party with everyone there.
    I'll bring some yummies <333

• 624 posts
    July 27, 2017 4:36 AM PDT

Trees, grass, ground texture, buildings - all have come a LONG way from the original EQ, or even Vanguard. Thanks, as always, oh Keeper-of-Beans (Sharer-of-Pixels).

one question: what is the proper pronunciation of Saol (in Aussie or any other English dialect)?  I should probably re-check the stream...

This post was edited by Kumu at July 27, 2017 4:36 AM PDT
    • 40 posts
    July 27, 2017 5:10 AM PDT

Thanks for posting, can never have enough screenshots, loving the ground texture in second shot

• 112 posts
    July 27, 2017 5:14 AM PDT

Great visuals.  Landscape is varied and detailed with a perfect pop of color.  The mix and detail in the ground texture is a brilliant touch.  A huge amount of progress and effort.  Hats off to the team.

• 9115 posts
    July 27, 2017 6:23 AM PDT

Kumu said:

Trees, grass, ground texture, buildings - all have come a LONG way from the original EQ, or even Vanguard. Thanks, as always, oh Keeper-of-Beans (Sharer-of-Pixels).

one question: what is the proper pronunciation of Saol (in Aussie or any other English dialect)?  I should probably re-check the stream...

I usually butcher everything but I am fairly sure it is pronounced South "Soul" :D

• 9115 posts

Akahai said:

Thanks for posting, can never have enough screenshots, loving the ground texture in second shot

You're very welcome my friend :)

• 9115 posts

Azotate said:

Great visuals.  Landscape is varied and detailed with a perfect pop of color.  The mix and detail in the ground texture is a brilliant touch.  A huge amount of progress and effort.  Hats off to the team.

Thanks Azotate, glad you like them my friend :)

• 9115 posts
    July 27, 2017 6:25 AM PDT

Fluffy said:

such lovely peaceful areas <3 It would almost be a shame to have a fight in the first screeny
    Feel more like having a garden party with everyone there.
    I'll bring some yummies <333

Haha, it would wouldn't it! There are some nice non-aggro Wisps that float around this area too and their bright sparkly colour just makes the area look even more magical until you see a giant ugly chicken charging at you from behind a shrub! lol :P

• 409 posts
    July 27, 2017 6:34 AM PDT

deleted

This post was edited by Nimryl at August 23, 2017 7:39 AM PDT
    • 542 posts
    July 27, 2017 7:11 AM PDT

Perfect,chicken drumsticks <3 my favorite at a barbecue
    And when we are gourmandized with chicken in them bellies,

we could dance with the wisps that will grow brighter from joy
    Perhaps even accidentally triggering the poetic wood spirits to awaken

• 626 posts
    July 27, 2017 7:31 AM PDT

Looks even better now then it did on the stream. Keep up the great work!

• 416 posts
    July 27, 2017 9:10 AM PDT

Fluffy said:

Perfect,chicken drumsticks <3 my favorite at a barbecue
    And when we are gourmandized with chicken in them bellies,

we could dance with the wisps that will grow brighter from joy
    Perhaps even accidentally triggering the poetic wood spirits to awaken

I'll bring the drinks, definitely worth a celebration. The more I see the more inspired I get.

• 319 posts
    July 27, 2017 9:19 AM PDT

Just awesome screens. Being an oudoors person I think the pics above are beautifull. Makes me just want to log in right now. I am not a big  fan of dungeons- too drk nd closed in imho. Give me the great outdoors anytime.

• 2752 posts
    July 27, 2017 9:24 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

South Saol is a beautiful area from the lush flora to the detail in the buildings and even the ground you walk on #PRF

Looks pretty peaceful to me, the latter looks almost like it's leading down to a beach.

I just want to clarify: when we get these screenshots we are actually looking into the past? I vaguely remember you saying these are all older shots and your newer stuff is still on hold to share.

• 2886 posts
    July 27, 2017 12:02 PM PDT

Kumu said:

Iirc, Joppa pronounced it like "Sail" or "Say-ole"

Nice screenshots btw. I know some people say the current animations make the game look like it's from the early 2000's. But anyone that thinks games had this level of environmental texture quality back then is crazy imo. My grandmother always said the complexity of the trees makes or breaks the graphical realism of a game. We've clearly come a long way from the two 2D "sheets" of leaves that made up trees in original EQ. The trees in South Saol look very life-like.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at July 27, 2017 12:07 PM PDT
    • 125 posts
    July 27, 2017 4:31 PM PDT

Those look really cool. Unfortunately Im in the process of building my new gaming computer so just on an old laptop until its done... cant really  comment on the small details :(

• 839 posts
    July 27, 2017 6:49 PM PDT

mmmm, that ground texture is tasty!!  Very nice work team and thanks for sharing Kils!

• 9115 posts
    July 27, 2017 9:48 PM PDT

Iksar said:

Kilsin said:

Looks pretty peaceful to me, the latter looks almost like it's leading down to a beach.

I just want to clarify: when we get these screenshots we are actually looking into the past? I vaguely remember you saying these are all older shots and your newer stuff is still on hold to share.

These are screenshots from around the time of the reveal of this area and the stream, but yes, they are old, it looks even better now with the new shaders and lighting and I can't wait to share them :)

• 9 posts
    July 28, 2017 2:27 PM PDT

Beautiful shots; question given this is a PVE immersion question really and wondering if you can disclose if the sky actually moves; I ask because it looks like its static up there and so its just me being curious.

• 9115 posts
    July 28, 2017 5:41 PM PDT

Nate said:

Beautiful shots; question given this is a PVE immersion question really and wondering if you can disclose if the sky actually moves; I ask because it looks like its static up there and so its just me being curious.

Yes, it moves, it looks static because it is a screenshot lol :P

• 1019 posts
    July 28, 2017 6:31 PM PDT

Say-ole

Soul

Sail

Why can't things just be simple, I've been playing EQ2 for close to 10 years and I know I still pronounce many of the names wrong.

• 258 posts
    July 28, 2017 6:45 PM PDT

VERY NICE!!! :D :D :D

• 294 posts
    July 29, 2017 5:21 PM PDT

Looks like the peaceful setting is built upon an old ruin of some kind, or am I mistaken in what I am seeing in the moss covered blocks of stone.

• 542 posts
    July 29, 2017 6:30 PM PDT

Thorndeep said:

I'll bring the drinks, definitely worth a celebration. The more I see the more inspired I get.

Nice.

At least with moving skies, we could do without alcoholic beverages to watch the world spinning <333
    But if we still end up totally wasted,the wisps would be our only hope to get back home safely

Calming us down while we're drunk and floored in the medow ,incoherently yelling at twinkly dancing stars where they've been all night ,thier biggest challenge