Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Claustrophobic and Trecherous Dungeons

• 769 posts
    August 14, 2017 10:12 AM PDT

Naim said:

Traps... hmm..  not sure how I feel about it. It depends on how they handle death. 

I would hate it if I were trying to get a group with 2 hours to play, and fall in a trap on my way, they kick me and move on while I spend my 2 hours play time trying to get my coprse back. 

I've always been curious about sentiments like this. While I'm sure there are some groups out there that would do this type of thing - I don't recall ever once being kicked out from a group for falling in a trap, or dying because I slipped into some lava. While there certainly were some bad eggs, the big majority of people I grouped with were understanding of this type of thing, as it was simply the nature of the game.

Hell, I can't remember how many groups I was in, in Befallen, where people would purposefully jump into the well just to see what the big deal was, and being enthusiastically spurred on by their groupmates.

I guess I just have an aversion to VR making any decision based on what the jerks of the MMO world may do in reply, and I have a feeling we players tend to remember those jerks much more strongly than the countless understanding and kind people we played with.

This post was edited by Tralyan at August 14, 2017 10:13 AM PDT