Forums » Fan Creations

Kingdoms of Terminus (Map)

• 595 posts
    July 20, 2017 5:26 PM PDT

Hello Pantheon community,

I would like to share with you a cartography project I have been working on for the past few weeks.  This map is my interpretation of the current known world of Terminus.  I would consider this a work in progress for a number of reasons, the principle being that we do not know much of the world at this point and also my cartography skills are still quite novice.  I would like to continue work on this project as development progresses and I further hone my skills.

I have recently been inspired by the amazing work coming forth from the VIP contest (you all have produced some truly amazing works).  As you will see, I have taken some creative liberties, though the integrity of the original atlas provided by VR is intact.  I would like to thank my brother, @Lusaifa and my wife, @Feyriesa, for helping me with some of the more technical quirks of Photoshop.  And of course, I would like to thank VR and all of you for creating such and amazing community which has already given me so much.  Thanks!

The Kingdoms of Terminus

This post was edited by Nikademis at July 20, 2017 5:30 PM PDT
    • 40 posts
    July 20, 2017 7:00 PM PDT

Nice work. I don't see Archais, Gnomes and Dwarves home. Is there a 3rd continent ?

• 9115 posts
    July 20, 2017 7:07 PM PDT

Nice job mate! :)

• 595 posts
    July 20, 2017 8:02 PM PDT

catharsis said:

Nice work. I don't see Archais, Gnomes and Dwarves home. Is there a 3rd continent ?

That's part of the "work in progress" I mentioned.  Based on the confirmed information VR have released, we only know the location of the six races thus far.  There has been speculation as to the location of the other three races based on the lore, though nothing has been confirmed.

Thanks for the kind words :)

• 595 posts
    July 20, 2017 8:02 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Nice job mate! :)

Thanks Kils <3

• 17 posts
    July 20, 2017 10:45 PM PDT

This is awesome! I love the icons you used to depict where each race was on the map.

And I definitely agree; the VIP contest has been a great source of creative inspiration. Excited to see a final version of this map in the future :).

• 67 posts
    July 21, 2017 2:53 AM PDT

Very nice map. Thanks for sharing !

• 3237 posts
    July 21, 2017 4:01 AM PDT

Good stuff Nikademis!  Thank you for sharing.

• VR Staff
    • 246 posts
    July 21, 2017 9:31 PM PDT

Hey this is great, Nikademis. Thank you for sharing it with us. High quality stuff.

• 42 posts
    July 22, 2017 6:07 AM PDT

Truly awesome man:)

• 2886 posts
    July 22, 2017 10:37 AM PDT

Hey that's pretty sweet man! I like how the city icons match the feel of the race it represents.

• 595 posts
    July 22, 2017 3:16 PM PDT

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like it ;)

Bazgrim said:

Hey that's pretty sweet man! I like how the city icons match the feel of the race it represents.

That was the goal at least, @Bazgrim.  I think I was more successful with some than others but I think they turned out ok as a whole.  I look forward to adding the remaining races and developing some iconography for them as well. 

• 3016 posts
    August 4, 2017 2:16 PM PDT

Very cool thank you Nikademis,  nice job! :)

• 595 posts
    November 24, 2017 7:06 PM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

Very cool thank you Nikademis,  nice job! :)

Thanks very much @Canadina ;)

Now that we're ramping toward pre-alpha, it would be great if we also got some new world info as well.  I'd love to start thinking about filling some blanks :D  Fingers crossed!