Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Ways to prep a new player for PRotF?

• 2 posts
    July 16, 2017 6:24 PM PDT

Not really sure where I should make this in the forum so hopefully off-topic is alright. Anyways, i'm a pretty experienced gamer (Ive been at it since I was 6, so approximately 13 years) but my experience with mmo's is lacking. So can you guys list some mmos to help catch me up to speed? Right now im trying archeage plus blade and soul but i dont know if those would be the right games to prepare me for this game. (Can't wait for this game, i'll most likely spend all of my free time playing it.)

• 409 posts
    July 17, 2017 2:37 AM PDT

deleted

This post was edited by Nimryl at August 23, 2017 7:41 AM PDT
    • 208 posts
    July 17, 2017 4:41 PM PDT

I would say the easiest MMORPG to play now and it has been around a long time is World of Warcraft.  You can play the free version until level 20 which is nice if you are on a budget like the majority of gamers :)  It is fairly easy to follow and to learn and it will get you fairly knowledgeable of the basics of MMORPGs ecept for the social/community aspect.  The tradeskills/crafting is good, the guild system is ok, the game is mostly soloable which is NOT what Pantheon is but it will get you started. 

• 2 posts
    July 17, 2017 4:51 PM PDT

Thanks both of you for the responses. I ended up getting EQ and i am oh so very lost. It'd be a great help if you could teach me the ropes? 

• 17 posts
    July 17, 2017 10:21 PM PDT

I sent you a PM. Hopefully I can help you out with any questions you may have :). I second Nimryl's suggestion on trying out the Agnarr progression server on EQ. I've had a positive experience with nearly everyone I've met on that server.

• 409 posts
    July 18, 2017 12:03 AM PDT

deleted

This post was edited by Nimryl at August 23, 2017 7:51 AM PDT