Forums » The Bard

Bard Dispositions

• 465 posts
    July 13, 2017 5:47 PM PDT

This month's newsletter inspired me to start noodling some ideas about a few pancakes for Zippyzee to stack up on NPC bards throughout Terminus, what behaviors would you like to see?

Stimulus: player character approaches bard NPC within 30 ft

Response: bard NPC begins playing race appropriate rift after dropping hat at her feet to solicit "donations"

Stimulus: player bard begins performing in royal court (Thronefast or other capital where it makes sense)

Response: NPC courtiers start dancing in time

Stimulus: player enters tavern, approaches "stage" (nothing fancy, could be a somewhat less grimey corner)

Response: NPC bard band strikes up a rousing pub tune, other NPCs join in at the drunken chorus

This post was edited by Kumu at July 13, 2017 5:50 PM PDT
    • 465 posts
    July 16, 2017 9:58 PM PDT

Thought of a couple more...

Trigger: player group attacks mobs linked to a mob bard

Action: mob bard starts hasting her/his friends, or CCing the player group, or in general making the mobs look good, while looking good...

The downside is perceptive player groups will say "watch out, that next set has a bard in the mix, kill her/him first"

Trigger: player group attacks bard, reduces health to 20%

Action: mob bard kicks in the equivalent of Selos and attempts to flee at rapid clip

• 1994 posts
    July 18, 2017 10:41 AM PDT
    @Kumu

Haha! I love these. Not sure how much extra work goes into this but Id love to see this and more all over the map. Nice Kumu.
    • 2579 posts
    July 18, 2017 11:47 AM PDT

Based on what Zip was saying in the newsletter, once he adds in more building blocks, I think these are totally doable. In essence, they are actually pretty simple if/then statements. I am most excited for how AI can add a lot of life to the world.