Forums » Support

Search bug?

• 10 posts
    July 5, 2017 5:41 AM PDT

Hey just thought I'd mention an example of search that is not functioning, not sure if it's important/significant/etc but thought I'd mention it anyway.

I made a post a few days ago about the plans for availability of a public API https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/6585/public-api

While mindlessly going through all forum posts because of Pantheon addiction, I found this post https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3518/backend-data-feeds-web-api which is a duplicate of the topic I posted.

When I search for "API" I would think both of these topics would come up, since they both mention API in the title as well as in the text, however neither of them show up.

• 4397 posts
    July 5, 2017 6:05 AM PDT

For some reason, the search function will not search for anything less than 4 letters long. So to recall that second thread you linked, you'd have to search for "backend," "data," or "feeds." I'm not sure if it's a bug or just poor design. But it's one of its many little quirks with which I am far too familiar. It's been well-established that the search function is not at all user-friendly, which is why we can't wait to move to the new forum website (Soon) with a much more robust search feature. That way you don't have to be a longtime forum addict like Kilsin or I just to learn how to always find what you want :P

• 10 posts
    July 5, 2017 6:16 AM PDT

gotcha, thanks baz.

• 1657 posts
    July 5, 2017 6:20 AM PDT

You should have gone to www.google.com and typed in:

site:pantheonmmo.com api

• 8703 posts
    July 5, 2017 6:35 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

For some reason, the search function will not search for anything less than 4 letters long. So to recall that second thread you linked, you'd have to search for "backend," "data," or "feeds." I'm not sure if it's a bug or just poor design. But it's one of its many little quirks with which I am far too familiar. It's been well-established that the search function is not at all user-friendly, which is why we can't wait to move to the new forum website (Soon) with a much more robust search feature. That way you don't have to be a longtime forum addict like Kilsin or I just to learn how to always find what you want :P

Thanks Baz, this has been bugging me for ages, another reason why I can't wait for the new forums! :D