Forums » Pantheon Classes

Bards and Necros?

• 40 posts
    June 28, 2017 8:53 AM PDT

I've noticed that Bards and Necros happen to be on some charts and not others. That they may be released during an expantion pack at a later date after release. They happen to be the two clases I am intersted in! 

Are these definitely not going to make it into release? Is there not enough resources/time in the development schedule? 

• 9115 posts
    June 28, 2017 9:05 AM PDT

Hey Zybane, we will have Bards and Necros in the game at some point but they may not make it in for launch, we will try our best but no promises.

I have gone ahead and moved this to the appropriate subforum "Pantheon Classes" as it is a question specifically about classes and does not belong in "General Pantheon" which is more for anything else not covered with a specific subforum, please be mindful of where you post to help us keep the forums clean, tidy and information easy to find, if you are not sure where to post please don't hesitate to ask me via PM, as I am always happy to help :)

• 189 posts
    June 28, 2017 11:46 AM PDT

Zybane, what games were your fav for Bard and Necro?

From what I have gathered on other peoples thoughts for Bard, Brad McQuaid made one of the best bards in Vanguard. That is obviously just mostly opinion, based on anyone who knows bards and what they are suppose to be about.

With the possibility they don't make it to release, you can still express in this very forum what kind of Bard and Necromancer you are interested in. Compare to other games, add some ideas of your own. The community loves to join in on some of those topics as well. The Bard has its own class forum, but I did not find one for the Necromancer specifically. However, there is a search function for you to specifically look for topics related to Necromancers. I've found 7 search results for that specific topic.

All in all, Visionary Realms is great at listening to their community, so discussing this in forums will really help make the best possible Bard and Necro when it does finally release. Also from previous games, Brad McQuaid -- he is the lead dev of Pantheon -- has a pretty great history for creating a wonderful bard. With that being said, even if it is later for you than what you wanted, he might create one of the best Bards and Necromancers you'll ever play in a video game. 

They have monthly updates with their newsletters, so just keep checking back in every once and a while to see the progress and see if they have any updates on your favorite classes! Maybe they'll also have an idea of which races they may be specific to soon. Worst case scenario, your alt will be your main while you wait for your actual MAIN CLASS. Doesn't mean you can't play and enjoy the game until then! :D

• 29 posts
    June 28, 2017 1:40 PM PDT

I really hope that they can make them ready for launch.  With my online gaming history dating back to the 90s, I can attest that post launch class releases are difficult to find groups with as most folks are focused on their mains.  Those that you do find that are your level will most likely be the same class as your own.  Some stuff can be done with a full group of "class that just released", but desirable content will need the trinity or the quadrinity as some devs are calling it.

The trinity is a traditional group load out of a tank, a healer and a couple dps.  Quadrinity is the same with the inclusion of crowd crontrol/mesmeration.  I've played the trinity style for most of my career and going back to my root is definitely going to be nostalgic and fun.  Also I believe Pantheon groups will almost certainly consist of six players.

We do have quite a long time till release though.  Pre Alpha will most likely occur this year.  I am guessing Aug/Sep timeframe.  They are currently in Pre Pre Alpha which is basically closed Alpha.  Pre Alpha will be the first chance for pledgers to get their hands on it.

With all that being said, I still don't know what class I will end of playing but I plan to try them all once I am able to play.

/fingers crossed

• 189 posts
    June 28, 2017 3:03 PM PDT

Well, I think they also went to E3 and privately show cased some of their goods to possible investors as well. More money = more people to add to the team to get the job done!

So, maybe somewhere down the line they will have good news of more funds and the Necro and Bard will be very possible. There's the big chance they don't get any extra funds and we may be stuck waiting a bit longer, if we wait longer there's still the possibility of Bard and Necro coming with release, but also not.

I believe crowd control will be very important for some group dungeons and such. Pathers, big pulls, mobs you just can't let cast spells while you're fighting, etc. 

I would love to try all classes as well! I can almost guarantee my main will either be heals or enchanter, though. I have a gaming family so my mom used to be main heals, but she gets bored of it on and off and might switch it up this time. While me and her work that out, my dad will be the tank (most likely Paladin), my little brother is thinking about playing the monk (Cohh Carnage streams helped with that decision), and the significant other will be some form of dps (I think he's leaning towards ranger or rogue). So we almost already have a full group set up, minus one person! I do have a sister that could fill that empty spot, but she's more of a facebooker/snapchatter than a gamer lol. So we will be on the look out for atleast one new friend to join us :)

I'm still waiting to see what they add towards the classes on the website itself. Descriptions have been given to 3 so far, but they have 12 classes! I need to see them all!

• 29 posts
    June 30, 2017 3:27 AM PDT

fancy said:

Well, I think they also went to E3 and privately show cased some of their goods to possible investors as well. More money = more people to add to the team to get the job done!

So, maybe somewhere down the line they will have good news of more funds and the Necro and Bard will be very possible. There's the big chance they don't get any extra funds and we may be stuck waiting a bit longer, if we wait longer there's still the possibility of Bard and Necro coming with release, but also not.

I saw somewhere that they reached their goal for Series A funding.  Kilsin also posted on Pantheon's reddit that they were not ready for E3, so your assessment is good.  If they did go, it would have been private.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PantheonMMO/comments/6h20dc/no_pantheon_at_e3/

fancy said:

I believe crowd control will be very important for some group dungeons and such. Pathers, big pulls, mobs you just can't let cast spells while you're fighting, etc. 

I would love to try all classes as well! I can almost guarantee my main will either be heals or enchanter, though. I have a gaming family so my mom used to be main heals, but she gets bored of it on and off and might switch it up this time. While me and her work that out, my dad will be the tank (most likely Paladin), my little brother is thinking about playing the monk (Cohh Carnage streams helped with that decision), and the significant other will be some form of dps (I think he's leaning towards ranger or rogue). So we almost already have a full group set up, minus one person! I do have a sister that could fill that empty spot, but she's more of a facebooker/snapchatter than a gamer lol. So we will be on the look out for atleast one new friend to join us :)

I'm still waiting to see what they add towards the classes on the website itself. Descriptions have been given to 3 so far, but they have 12 classes! I need to see them all!

I'm with you.  I check for new content daily.  I crave more.  I need more.  You got yourself a pre built party :D  Very lucky!  I will be in alpha and beta.  I'd be happy to help out if you need it.

• 2886 posts
    June 30, 2017 4:42 AM PDT

fancy said:

There's actually 4 total. Don't forget the Monk reveal from the May newsletter: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2017_may_intro/#monk

It just hasn't been added to the Classes page yet ;)

From Kilsin:

"We are working towards getting testing ready at the moment so I am not sure when the next reveal will be but we don't have a set schedule for them, they are just little surprises we like to throw in when they are ready."

(Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/6513/next-class-reveal)

This post was edited by Bazgrim at June 30, 2017 4:46 AM PDT
    • 189 posts
    June 30, 2017 6:10 AM PDT

Yes, that's true, Bazgrim! They did show the Monk, I just like to read the details on the classes page I guess :)

Dylarian: they did indeed reach their Series A funding, I believe I read somewhere that they had planned on just privately showing some possible investors at E3, but there's a possibility they didn't bother going this year. I do remember, however they did show it at something similar to E3.

I found it! Unity Unite Event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLsvmep5U54&t=81s 

I guess it's not really similar to E3 since they are using Unity, but it's close enough! They have an audience and they are showing it lol.

Yes, we almost have a full group, 5/6. We will always be looking for one person to join us in dungeons and such, maybe we will see you in alpha! :D

• 2752 posts
    July 3, 2017 10:46 AM PDT

I wish I had a family that played games! Sounds great! I'm just hoping to get on the same server as a number of people from here and hopefully forming some groups. 

• 3237 posts
    July 4, 2017 8:17 AM PDT

It sounds like necros played a pretty major role in EQ1 as it relates to corpse retrieval.  Likewise, bards have always been a highly influential class.  They both seem like mandatory classes to me ... it's hard to imagine a launch without either of them.  They bring too much to the table for me to consider playing the game without them for any period of time ... especially if necros are tied into a severe death penalty.

This post was edited by oneADseven at July 4, 2017 8:26 AM PDT