Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Some Greenery!

• 41 posts
    June 24, 2017 6:28 PM PDT

Everything looks great!

One comment I have is I feel like the architecture and general creation of the buildings and other structures is too straight and linear.  I feel like the buildings look too much like they were made with a computer and not by a beings that live in the world.  

Perhaps this is sometihng that would be addressed as more detail is added tp the game at a later date.  Granted some buidings would be almost perfect straight lines but it just seems a little artificial to me in some of the screen shots I have seen.  I hope that this aspect of the game will be less linear in the future.

• 9115 posts
    June 24, 2017 11:18 PM PDT

Shadestomp said:

Everything looks great!

One comment I have is I feel like the architecture and general creation of the buildings and other structures is too straight and linear.  I feel like the buildings look too much like they were made with a computer and not by a beings that live in the world.  

Perhaps this is sometihng that would be addressed as more detail is added tp the game at a later date.  Granted some buidings would be almost perfect straight lines but it just seems a little artificial to me in some of the screen shots I have seen.  I hope that this aspect of the game will be less linear in the future.

Just like the Victorian, Georgian and Savanah era's of architecture in the USA and England, Terminus also has some architecture similarities in some cities/towns, you can see that Wild's End tree houses are dramatically different from Avendyr's Pass wooden houses and buildings, though, and so will the rest of our cities and towns vary depending on their inhabitants and local influences.

You are just seeing one town and a nearby village in Avendyr's Pass so it is expected that they will be similar as they would have been built by the same race/culture and learned from the same mistakes and learnings over the years to best suit their needs. :)

• 483 posts
    June 25, 2017 6:36 AM PDT

@Kilsin

So for example this house here located in Avendyr's Pass (I think it's avendyr's Pass), http://www.pantheonmmo.com/images/pantheon-in-game-screen-2.jpg

To me it looks a lot more aesthetically pleasing and realistic than the white houses in the village, is the artwork different because it's a hut and it's located outside of a village, or is this another area of the world? Another question will the white houses from the village get similar attention to detail in terms of aesthetics?

Sorry about the hard questions Kilsin XD.

• 9115 posts
    June 25, 2017 8:22 AM PDT

jpedrote said:

@Kilsin

So for example this house here located in Avendyr's Pass (I think it's avendyr's Pass), http://www.pantheonmmo.com/images/pantheon-in-game-screen-2.jpg

To me it looks a lot more aesthetically pleasing and realistic than the white houses in the village, is the artwork different because it's a hut and it's located outside of a village, or is this another area of the world? Another question will the white houses from the village get similar attention to detail in terms of aesthetics?

Sorry about the hard questions Kilsin XD.

We still have buildings like that but I can't go into much detail about them, once you get in-game you will see the differences and understand why a bit better. Also, keep in mind that some towns and cities are more primitive than others and the game continues to change and evolve, not everything you see this early will make it to the final release but buildings are a personal thing, not everyone will like each and every style but they serve their place in each region and they will be explained more as we progress with development. :)

No need to be sorry my friend, I wish I could give you more information but it will have to wait until the devs are ready to release more.

• 542 posts
    June 25, 2017 9:55 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

Lovely
    I'd love to sit under that nice big gold-leaf tree by the fence in the right corner
    The value that could bring to the ingame places if there was amusement to be had under that tree
    With the right ingame features, such places could be more than nice scenery to walk by

What if elves could teach their cultural minigames under such trees ingame?
    Just like how humans would teach their boardgames to other races over a nice beer in a tavern.

• 483 posts
    June 25, 2017 1:15 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

We still have buildings like that but I can't go into much detail about them, once you get in-game you will see the differences and understand why a bit better. Also, keep in mind that some towns and cities are more primitive than others and the game continues to change and evolve, not everything you see this early will make it to the final release but buildings are a personal thing, not everyone will like each and every style but they serve their place in each region and they will be explained more as we progress with development. :)

No need to be sorry my friend, I wish I could give you more information but it will have to wait until the devs are ready to release more.

As always thank you for the reply Kilsin, very few have your type of patience :)

• 9115 posts
    June 25, 2017 5:32 PM PDT

jpedrote said:

Kilsin said:

As always thank you for the reply Kilsin, very few have your type of patience :)

You're very welcome my friend :)