Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Some Greenery!

• 9115 posts
    June 22, 2017 3:58 AM PDT

Here are some more Avendyr's Pass screenshots with lot's of greenery that we thought you would all enjoy! #PRF

Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor and nature
    Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and nature
    Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

• 624 posts
    June 22, 2017 4:26 AM PDT

Love the view of Thronefast in the distance of the third screencap, but dibs on the retreat shown in the first one - once I clear the laundry off the line, that looks ideal as a small tavern / rest stop on your way up the pass.  Good place for a bard to sing a few, drink a few more, and tell some epic tales of adventure.  As long as that kiln outside is for baking, not a forge (sounds of the smithy are awesome, but drown out the lute).

As always, thanks for sharing Kilsin.

• 9115 posts
    June 22, 2017 4:40 AM PDT

Kumu said:

Love the view of Thronefast in the distance of the third screencap, but dibs on the retreat shown in the first one - once I clear the laundry off the line, that looks ideal as a small tavern / rest stop on your way up the pass.  Good place for a bard to sing a few, drink a few more, and tell some epic tales of adventure.  As long as that kiln outside is for baking, not a forge (sounds of the smithy are awesome, but drown out the lute).

As always, thanks for sharing Kilsin.

That sounds like a good plan my friend but sadly it is a forge for weapon and armour making, so you may need to keep the clothes on the line for some sound proofing! :D

• 112 posts
    June 22, 2017 4:53 AM PDT

Sweet Shots.  Love the organic layout of the village, and as always the natural landscape is amazing.

• 633 posts
    June 22, 2017 4:55 AM PDT

I wish my lawn was that green....

• 21 posts
    June 22, 2017 5:03 AM PDT

I just love how detailed Pantheon is turning out to be. It is just amazing. I want to explore that village! The scenery is fantastic. I bet fishing will be incredible with that kind of environment. I could really see my character just placing down a tent in the wilderness and taking it all in. Thats why I pledged for Alpha! I do not even care about the character wipes at all, I just want to go exploring! 

I'm noticing in the second picture a giant castle WAY off to the upper left hand side. Really curious to what is in there, especially since Thronefast is WAYY to the right. Guessing something like a governor's castle of Avendyr's Pass? 

This post was edited by Baid321 at June 22, 2017 5:03 AM PDT
    • 483 posts
    June 22, 2017 5:46 AM PDT

The 2nd pic is awesome, the village layout feels real. The wooden house to the left of the stone forge is a lot more detailed than the other ones, are the rest of the white houses placeholders?

• 626 posts
    June 22, 2017 6:56 AM PDT

I mean I just see myself playing and playing and playing some more... The thought of sitting in the village talking to friends for hours is almost as exciting as thinking of fighting a mob! :)

• 2886 posts
    June 22, 2017 7:01 AM PDT

Baid321 said:

I'm noticing in the second picture a giant castle WAY off to the upper left hand side. Really curious to what is in there, especially since Thronefast is WAYY to the right. Guessing something like a governor's castle of Avendyr's Pass? 

Yeah good eye! I love that pic. Tons of detail and tons of stuff that needs to be explored! I think that shot, more than any I've seen so far, shows that this is a world and not a theme park.

• 9115 posts
    June 22, 2017 7:06 AM PDT

Baid321 said:

I just love how detailed Pantheon is turning out to be. It is just amazing. I want to explore that village! The scenery is fantastic. I bet fishing will be incredible with that kind of environment. I could really see my character just placing down a tent in the wilderness and taking it all in. Thats why I pledged for Alpha! I do not even care about the character wipes at all, I just want to go exploring! 

I would love to tell you but it is probably better left for you to explore yourself :)

• 9115 posts
    June 22, 2017 7:08 AM PDT

jpedrote said:

The 2nd pic is awesome, the village layout feels real. The wooden house to the left of the stone forge is a lot more detailed than the other ones, are the rest of the white houses placeholders?

That particular building is a workshop that uses the forge :)

I showed it off in a batch of screenshots not too long ago but here it is again for reference:

Image may contain: indoor

• 9115 posts
    June 22, 2017 7:11 AM PDT

Saicred said:

I mean I just see myself playing and playing and playing some more... The thought of sitting in the village talking to friends for hours is almost as exciting as thinking of fighting a mob! :)

It is honestly such a cool feeling in-game, I have often sat/danced/jumped or stood around the big tree just to the left of centre in the middle screenshot and chatted with devs, we even held a CM meeting around it one day while we were multitasking and testing something for the team to help get the game ready for a previous stream! There is an apple tree just behind it that a female NPC is near and it always catches my attention, I can imagine players sitting around this area and talking for hours as you mentioned :)

• 523 posts
    June 22, 2017 10:31 AM PDT

Is that one well the only water source for that entire area?  

Also, ever since EQ1 (outside Qeynos), and then again in GW2, I fully expect to be able to go down any wells I see in an MMO and find a hidden dungeon or catacomb.  Could probably do a sewer/catacomb under Thronefast that has an exit option for that well in the Pass.  Everyone loves quasi-hidden sewer/catacomb dungeons under cities to level in.  

• 42 posts
    June 22, 2017 10:42 AM PDT

Looks good .

• 42 posts
    June 22, 2017 10:56 AM PDT

Oooooo /drool   *starts putting in her change of address* got dibs on the 3rd ss :0) Thanks Kilsin :0) awesome pics.

• 174 posts
    June 22, 2017 12:10 PM PDT

Beautiful shots.

• 38 posts
    June 22, 2017 1:00 PM PDT

I love these new screenshots, feel like the castles in the background are just taunting me though.

• 2138 posts
    June 22, 2017 3:59 PM PDT

What I like about the second picture is it looks like they are starting to build more permanent stone structures, or are respectful of the ruins and are incorporating them into the village planning. The stone structure on the right looks like a tomb or catacomb.

• 189 posts
    June 22, 2017 4:04 PM PDT
    Fabulous, can't wait to visit!
    • 1281 posts
    June 22, 2017 8:13 PM PDT

I like the little village.

Will the huts all be enterable by players?

• 133 posts
    June 22, 2017 10:44 PM PDT

As always Kilsin, thank you. These screenshots leave the lot of us drooling at the mouth in anticipation. I am absolutely digging the atmosphere here and will thoroughly enjoy spending my time in these areas. I only hope that the music that goes with it feels just right.

• 399 posts
    June 23, 2017 11:35 AM PDT

I nearly missed this post!..  Awesome pics for sure!  Is there a way in this forum to tell whether a post is made by VR?  Perhaps a * as the first character in the post? (yes i know that anyone could do that but that can be edited out by VR.  Also can be against forum guidelines to do that if need be)
    Unless there's a way to show "Posted by:" or "Original Poster"

• 363 posts
    June 23, 2017 3:19 PM PDT

Looks awesome, can't wait to see it in game! Keep up the great work, guys and gals!

This post was edited by Anistosoles at June 23, 2017 3:20 PM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    June 23, 2017 6:24 PM PDT

Durp said:

I nearly missed this post!..  Awesome pics for sure!  Is there a way in this forum to tell whether a post is made by VR?  Perhaps a * as the first character in the post? (yes i know that anyone could do that but that can be edited out by VR.  Also can be against forum guidelines to do that if need be)
    Unless there's a way to show "Posted by:" or "Original Poster"

Not currently, but I hear there will be a dev tracker in the new forums, which will be Soon :)

• 77 posts
    June 24, 2017 5:21 PM PDT

An innocent looking town, which is but a facade, really there is a tomb where the local blood mages gather containing a cast iron tree where it's victims (innocent travellers) are suspended by their feet, their throats slashed with sickles and their blood spurts out into stone channels below that nourish the greenery amongst the town, including the tree at it's heart which contains a descended God, now dependent on the sacrifices made by it's violent sycophants and in turn provides them with arcane powers used to kill the next unsuspecting victims. But perhaps it's just a cozy town without a ruthless blood mage cult. Pass me one of those big, red, juicy apples please madam.