Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Lord of the Rings Online and Pantheon Rise of the Fallen.

• 56 posts
    June 17, 2017 9:23 AM PDT

Happy Weekend Pantheon Fans. 

One of my most memorable times was exploring the culture and lore of centaurs in Dungeons and Dragons. My Dungeon Master had an amazing set of adventures where we visited a centuar village. That particular adventure was about exploring how centaurs lived, spent time with their families, homes, and envrionment. We (the party) explored the foods they ate, how they interacted with others, and even their spiritual partices in the wilderness. I completely enjoyed that adventure even though there was no loot or combat involved. It was about lore and the exploraiton of another culture in D&D. 

My older brother introduced me to the novels of Mr. J. R. R. Tolkien which reminded me of Dungeons and Dragons very much. 

When the Lord of the Rings appeared in theatres, I was completely drawn to those characters, their lives, cultures and even the environment. In many ways I felt LOTR was a continuation of my love for D&D. 

I hope to continue exploring lore, characters, and cultures in Pantheon Rise of the Fallen. It's not all about obtaning more items or fighitng for me. If I spend some sessions with friends exploring the world of the Dark Myr, the Archai, the Skar, what structures are in Silent Sanctum, or exploring what funa is like in Silent Planes I will be overjoyed!!

One of my goals in Pantheon Rise of the Fallen is to create a fellowship, as I did exploring EQ, D&D, and LOTR. The Fellowship of the Ring is a concept that is important to me.

So here is my humble collection of LOTR stuff. Regards!

photo IMG_4288_zpsuefrhmqe.jpg

If you have not seen the above animated version of LOTR, I recommend you check it out definately. Mr. Bakshi's interpetation is a lot close to the novels. 

photo IMG_4293_zps3fafgryo.jpg

The first film started it all for me!

">

photo IMG_4290_zpslvq2rrnb.jpg

photo IMG_4301_zpslsp24ikl.jpg

photo IMG_4292_zpschc0gmfd.jpg

Return of the King was my favoraite of the three movies! 

photo IMG_4295_zpseycd6mgs.jpg

Always liked Stryder but my favoraite character was Treebeard though. 

photo IMG_4294_zpsitr7rw9o.jpg

Always despised the Nazgul. Especially, when one stabbed Frodo in the first film. But somehow I found this collectable lying around. 

photo IMG_4303_zpswpt5paqj.jpg 

This post was edited by Ator at June 17, 2017 3:01 PM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    June 17, 2017 12:08 PM PDT

Nice collection. LOTR is far and away my favorite franchise. I still have a few posters hanging around. I used to collect those goblets too - had most if not all of them. Good times.

• 9115 posts
    June 17, 2017 5:55 PM PDT

Very nice Ator! You have some good stuff there my friend :)

• 66 posts
    June 18, 2017 1:22 AM PDT

My Gandalf, what a huge......  sword you have!

• 2138 posts
    June 18, 2017 5:50 AM PDT

I have the same DVD set! I got it as a gift. Its worth seeing all the interviews and behind the scenes stuff that is included in the special edition.

Kind of makes me wonder what happened with The Hobbit. I hope that gets done again- one movie would have been fine in my opinion.

• 28 posts
    June 19, 2017 8:42 PM PDT

Very cool collection.  I love that franchise and remember when I first logged in to LOTRO and getting the feeling of being in the story.  Great memories visiting the spots from the books and movies.

• 801 posts
    June 20, 2017 7:44 AM PDT

I still have some EQ key chains, and maps. I was not saving them for a collection but they came with the boxed versions.

We had about 12 games at the time, so my collection got bigger with just simply buying the game box lol

Nice collection you have there, and the idea you can carry on with a fellowship idea is a great way to roleplay in this game.

Do enjoy yourself :)

• 188 posts
    June 20, 2017 6:24 PM PDT

I think you'd like my office, Ator.  

• 56 posts
    June 24, 2017 9:42 AM PDT

Bazgrim, Kilsin, DuxDux, Manouk, Moriir, Crazzie, 

Thank you! 

• 56 posts
    June 24, 2017 9:46 AM PDT

Hannar, 

That is just AWSOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! 

I wrote the same famous saying on a door in my home.