Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Next Class Reveal?

• 313 posts
    June 16, 2017 3:30 PM PDT

The Cleric was revealed February 10, 2016.  Next came the Rogue on April 14, 2016 (2 months and 4 days later).  The following and most recent took another 7 months and 23 days (Shaman on Dec 7, 2016).  It has now been 5 months and 21 days since the Shaman reveal.  

Surely we are due another reveal soon, and I would imagine that we can expect the rate to accelerate before too long.  If they keeep taking 6 months for the next one, it would take another 4 years to go through all of the classes!

• 189 posts
    June 16, 2017 3:36 PM PDT
    I think the 2nd stream with Coh was the Monk reveal of sorts.. Wasn't it?
    • 2886 posts
    June 16, 2017 3:46 PM PDT

Fairchild said: I think the 2nd stream with Coh was the Monk reveal of sorts.. Wasn't it?

Yeah there was actually a written reveal (like the other classes) of the Monk class in the May newsletter: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2017_may_intro/#monk

So it hasn't been that long :) It just hasn't been posted to the class page yet.

• 9115 posts
    June 16, 2017 6:21 PM PDT

We are working towards getting testing ready at the moment so I am not sure when the next reveal will be but we don't have a set schedule for them, they are just little surprises we like to throw in when they are ready.

The Monk was reveal recently with Cohh as Fairchild and Baz kindly pointed out :)

• 29 posts
    June 17, 2017 2:18 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

We are working towards getting testing ready at the moment so I am not sure when the next reveal will be but we don't have a set schedule for them, they are just little surprises we like to throw in when they are ready.

The Monk was reveal recently with Cohh as Fairchild and Baz kindly pointed out :)

Now this is an exciting post!

• 763 posts
    June 17, 2017 3:34 AM PDT

Obviously the next reveal will not be the Summoner. This is for two reasons :

1. I have it on impeccable authority (my psychic told me so!)

I have been forced to fall back on my psychic as my wasp-mounted cameras have all been swatted. She says that there are clouds hiding the exact class of the reveal (my beleif is that this must be Kilsin's 'Dream Crusher' ability I have heard so much about!) but also assures me (for $49.99/hour) that it will not be the Summoner.

2. It would be impossible for any team of less than 30 dedicated DEVs to manage to do the justice to the Summoner Class it deserves in such a short time!

I seem to recall the Mage class in EQ took so much of the development resources that it was the primary reason "Ranjas sucked so mightily!". Hopefully the Pantheon team will have enougfh resources to ensure that the Ranja Class can tank without dying long enough for the Druid/Wizzy to evac the rest of the group to safety!

Evoras, is betting Gnomey Ranja is the next reveal...

• 279 posts
    June 17, 2017 7:04 AM PDT
    Probably be Warrior or Wizard.

Sort of assuming they are showcasing classes they've shown in streams? That's my logic, thinking Warrior more than wizard but my guesswork may be faulty.

• 255 posts
    June 17, 2017 3:05 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

We are working towards getting testing ready at the moment

Thats what I like to hear. No need for reveals if we can see for ourselves.

• 279 posts
    June 17, 2017 4:23 PM PDT
    Keep in mind he also said we may only be able to test classes they revealed ;)
    • 279 posts
    June 18, 2017 12:48 AM PDT

Who did the artwork for the Cleric/Rogue/Shaman? It would be great to see one done for the Monk soon. The page could be updated too.

• 94 posts
    June 18, 2017 7:21 PM PDT

Boulda said:

Kilsin said:

We are working towards getting testing ready at the moment

Thats what I like to hear. No need for reveals if we can see for ourselves.

I thought the exact same thing.

• 2138 posts
    June 19, 2017 7:06 AM PDT

I am looking forward to seeing more races. So far in the streams I  have seen M Ogre, M Archon, M&F Dwarf, M&F Human, F Elvenkind and Gnome. That leaves M&F Myr, M&F(?) Skar, M Elvenkind, F(?) Ogre, and F Archon.

So 8 of a total of 15 races/genders have been revealed (gnomes are possibly adrogynous) in the streams.

In the past streams I thought I saw the following classes: Rogue, Monk, Warrior, Paladin, Enchanter, Wizzie, Cleric and Shaman.

and the singular, appropriate vanity "war-wizard" for the sole use and fun of the, uh, leader.

I can see Aradune logging in game in green armor and dual flaming sword regalia for reveal or expansion announcements and other GM events once live.

• 2886 posts
    June 19, 2017 7:38 AM PDT

Manouk said:

I am looking forward to seeing more races. So far in the streams I  have seen M Ogre, M Archon, M&F Dwarf, M&F Human, F Elvenkind and Gnome. That leaves M&F Myr, M&F(?) Skar, M Elvenkind, F(?) Ogre, and F Archon.

So 8 of a total of 15 races/genders have been revealed (gnomes are possibly adrogynous) in the streams.

In the December stream, Joppa specified that it was the female Gnome. So as far as I know, we have yet to see a male Gnome. Although I don't know what the difference would be or how obvious it will be.

• 763 posts
    June 19, 2017 8:11 AM PDT

Manouk said:

Huh??
    There is a difference? Male Dwarfs have longer beards?? ... Bigger ears?

PS   I am informed by many gnome-huggers that Gnomeys do, indeed, have Male and Female versions.
           AC and DC magics respectively, I think (I wasn't really listening).

• 2886 posts
    June 19, 2017 8:21 AM PDT

Evoras said:

Manouk said:

Huh??
    There is a difference? Male Dwarfs have longer beards?? ... Bigger ears?

Lol but seriously though, I don't remember seeing a female Dwarf in a stream?

• 279 posts
    June 19, 2017 8:22 AM PDT
    Manouk which stream did you see a paladin in. And which stream for Female Dwarf?
    • 2886 posts
    June 19, 2017 9:20 AM PDT

Sunmistress said: Manouk which stream did you see a paladin in. And which stream for Female Dwarf?

Oh yeah that's true, we haven't seen the Paladin either. Unless Manouk has some super secret stash of streams (alliteration much?) that only he is allowed to see :P

• 319 posts
    June 19, 2017 9:23 AM PDT

In the December stream, Joppa specified that it was the female Gnome. So as far as I know, we have yet to see a male Gnome. Although I don't know what the difference would be or how obvious it will be.

Seeing that gnomes have no physical form is it really an issue whether they are male or female?  To me they seem to be cybernetic energy forms of a race that is no longer in existance therefore thier gender is not a factor in anythingf. Unless you believe that male and female differ in thier thought patterns?

• 1281 posts
    June 19, 2017 11:48 AM PDT

At this point, I'd rather see their equipment system (wearing new armor changes your look) than a new class.

• 2886 posts
    June 19, 2017 12:01 PM PDT

Isaya said:

Seeing that gnomes have no physical form is it really an issue whether they are male or female?  To me they seem to be cybernetic energy forms of a race that is no longer in existance therefore thier gender is not a factor in anythingf. Unless you believe that male and female differ in thier thought patterns?

That's what I'm wondering myself. It would certainly be pretty unique to have a genderless race in a fantasy MMO. And of course the important question: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/6340/do-gnomes-breed

• 10 posts
    June 19, 2017 10:03 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Lol but seriously though, I don't remember seeing a female Dwarf in a stream?

I saw a female dwarf in a stream once, but I discreetly turned around and walked away.

• 2138 posts
    June 20, 2017 5:59 AM PDT

Sunmistress said: Manouk which stream did you see a paladin in. And which stream for Female Dwarf?

The dwarf fighter that I thought ws a pally was in the first stream with Cohh- it was the group they passed while fighting the scoprion things before the two guards, hidden in the pass- I will review the stream and peg the time (when I have tome- heh) I noticed both aradune and this dwarf were throwing, throwing-things at the guard and the dwarf looked like a fighter type but not like the Human in the silver armor which was the main groups warrior.

The female dwarf had the mohawk in the second stream, in the camp group on the second floor when the main crawl group passed them heading up.

I'm second guessing my memory now so I will have to check. :)

• 2886 posts
    June 20, 2017 8:02 AM PDT

Manouk said:

The dwarf fighter that I thought ws a pally was in the first stream with Cohh- it was the group they passed while fighting the scoprion things before the two guards, hidden in the pass- I will review the stream and peg the time (when I have tome- heh) I noticed both aradune and this dwarf were throwing, throwing-things at the guard and the dwarf looked like a fighter type but not like the Human in the silver armor which was the main groups warrior.

The female dwarf had the mohawk in the second stream, in the camp group on the second floor when the main crawl group passed them heading up.

I'm second guessing my memory now so I will have to check. :)

I assume you mean the Dwarf with the Ogre here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138465335?t=41m45s I personally don't see any reason to believe that's specifically a Paladin. That could just be a Dwarf Warrior wearing different armor than Machail, especially since he's a different race. Plus, I would hardly call that a "reveal" haha. Even if it is a Paladin, with such a passing glimpse, we don't really know enough about how they play or what their abilities are.

The Dwarf with the mohawk is here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/139626575?t=38m04s Again tbh, I don't really see anything that would indicate that's the female model. But it's hard to get a good look at it. I can try to get a closer look at it when I get home. Either way, it would be nice to see it actually showcased rather than just in the background. :)

This post was edited by Bazgrim at June 20, 2017 4:49 PM PDT
    • 441 posts
    June 20, 2017 11:24 AM PDT

I just hope we start hearing about the Bard sooner then later =-)

• 279 posts
    June 20, 2017 4:46 PM PDT
    Thanks Baz