Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

VR please DO NOT let this work postpone your summer vacation

• 278 posts
    June 16, 2017 4:26 AM PDT

Hi ALL

I whant to tell VR that I (and hope we all) whant VR to take some time in the summer for rest and refill to batteries. I/we understand that every on need to reload and you need it to VR.

So feel free to bump this tread so we can tell VR how many of us whant them to take a rest (if they need) and we will understand and wish them a happy vacation.

your devoted supporter Stratoz

This post was edited by Grizzly at June 16, 2017 4:28 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    June 16, 2017 4:37 AM PDT

Thanks Stratoz it is much appreciated my friend. I need to start swimming from Australia to anywhere in the world that is warmer, it is winter here now! lol :)

• 110 posts
    June 16, 2017 4:52 AM PDT

Bump

• 610 posts
    June 16, 2017 5:00 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Thanks Stratoz it is much appreciated my friend. I need to start swimming from Australia to anywhere in the world that is warmer, it is winter here now! lol :)

How cold does it get in Australia?

And if you use celsius I will have no idea what youre meaning

:P

• 279 posts
    June 16, 2017 7:40 AM PDT
    Depends where he lives it can get below zero Fahrenheit in some areas.

• 2752 posts
    June 16, 2017 8:56 AM PDT

So I guess Kilsin is off to HQ and the beaches in San Diego for the summer. 

• 1468 posts
    June 16, 2017 9:00 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Come to England. It is 30 degrees at the moment and I'm dying of heat.

This post was edited by Cromulent at June 16, 2017 9:01 AM PDT
    • 142 posts
    June 16, 2017 9:15 AM PDT

Cromulent said:

Kilsin said:

I call your 30 degrees, and raise my 92 degrees here in Cincinnati.  Hot, Humid, Breezeless, Burn your hands on the steering wheel type heat. Downright oppressive out there today.

Back to OP.     NO BREAKS!  GET BACK TO WORK!

• 1468 posts
    June 16, 2017 9:54 AM PDT

Homercles said:

Cromulent said:

Kilsin said:

I call your 30 degrees, and raise my 92 degrees here in Cincinnati.  Hot, Humid, Breezeless, Burn your hands on the steering wheel type heat. Downright oppressive out there today.

Eh. 92 degrees fahrenheit is 33 degrees celsius so only 3 degrees hotter than it is here at the moment :).

• 190 posts
    June 16, 2017 1:05 PM PDT

It's only 80 degrees Fahrenheit (26 Celsius) here in Washington D.C., but super humid and extremely overcast. It can rain. Any moment now. That would be cool. Literally. If it rained it would cool off and lower the humidity. *stares at the sky*

• 9115 posts
    June 16, 2017 6:12 PM PDT

Sevens said:

Kilsin said:

How cold does it get in Australia?

And if you use celsius I will have no idea what youre meaning

:P

About 19F to 21F (-6c to -8c) where I live, but it can get colder in other parts where it snows. The max temp in peak summer can get up around 113F to 116F (45c to 47c) around my area which is coastal near beautiful beaches and bushland/forest.

• 9115 posts
    June 16, 2017 6:13 PM PDT

Cromulent said:

Kilsin said:

Hahaha it funny mate, 30c in Australia is considered a nice spring day but I would definitely love to come and visit the "motherland" one day :D

• 319 posts
    June 19, 2017 8:56 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

You guys at V.R. definately need to get some relaxing in. It would make development move much faster if you are well rested.

Actually i have a suggestion for you guys. Leave your hardware at home and just go to the beach and relax, swim a little. If you are anything like normal people you will miss your laptops andother various hardware so muc you will work franticaly when you return.

P.S.

Just bring a pencil and note book along  to write down those great ideas you will most certainly get when in full rest mode.

• 2752 posts
    June 19, 2017 9:00 AM PDT

I think this is all assuming that they don't thoroughly enjoy their work. 

• 151 posts
    June 19, 2017 11:43 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Hahaha it funny mate, 30c in Australia is considered a nice spring day but I would definitely love to come and visit the "motherland" one day :D

A little off topic, but I'd like to say I have known a number of guys from Australia and have had good experiences, but I just don't think I could live there.  It's not the heat, I grew up in Texas.  It's because of two words:

Huntsman spiders

Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.  Do you ever come across them?

• 9115 posts
    June 19, 2017 5:47 PM PDT

Searril said:

Kilsin said:

A little off topic, but I'd like to say I have known a number of guys from Australia and have had good experiences, but I just don't think I could live there.  It's not the heat, I grew up in Texas.  It's because of two words:

Huntsman spiders

Hahaha, I actually had one in my lounge room the other day, they are most common during the warmer months but they are harmless if you leave them alone, I usually have a rule with spiders, they are fine to stay in my house as long as they are not 1) deadly and 2) stay within the top 1-2 feet from the roof, and 3) stay out of my bedroom and home office, if any of those rules are broken, they are put outside to play :D

The most that can happen if they bite you (from a really big one) is it can make you feel a bit sick and give you a headache but I have personally never been bitten by one and don;t intend to find out,t hey are pretty jittery and more scared of us, they just want to be left alone to eat bugs and insects plus they scare other spiders away so they kind of help lol!

• 3 posts
    June 19, 2017 8:18 PM PDT

Huntsman spiders

Hahaha, I actually had one in my lounge room the other day, they are most common during the warmer months but they are harmless if you leave them alone, I usually have a rule with spiders, they are fine to stay in my house as long as they are not 1) deadly and 2) stay within the top 1-2 feet from the roof, and 3) stay out of my bedroom and home office, if any of those rules are broken, they are put outside to play :D

The most that can happen if they bite you (from a really big one) is it can make you feel a bit sick and give you a headache but I have personally never been bitten by one and don;t intend to find out,t hey are pretty jittery and more scared of us, they just want to be left alone to eat bugs and insects plus they scare other spiders away so they kind of help lol!

Oh hell no.  You let that live in your house? 

Jesus christ.

AHH!!!

• 9115 posts
    June 19, 2017 9:33 PM PDT

cclmd said:

Huntsman spiders

Oh hell no.  You let that live in your house? 

Jesus christ.

AHH!!!

Hahaha! :D

• 513 posts
    June 19, 2017 9:46 PM PDT

I actually have been bitten by a tarantula - right on the belly button!  Sucker jumped out of the light fixture and down onto me.  Felt like a bee sting more than anything else.  No biggie.  But to this day - I have a rule about spiders.  NO LIVING!!!!

• 151 posts
    June 20, 2017 4:38 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Searril said:

Kilsin said:

Huntsman spiders

Ugh, I think I'm going to barf.  I can't imagine having one of those in my house, even less actually knowingly permitting it to happen.  You people are crazy!

• 9115 posts
    June 20, 2017 4:17 PM PDT

Nephretiti said:

I actually have been bitten by a tarantula - right on the belly button!  Sucker jumped out of the light fixture and down onto me.  Felt like a bee sting more than anything else.  No biggie.  But to this day - I have a rule about spiders.  NO LIVING!!!!

Haha ouch!

• 9115 posts
    June 20, 2017 4:18 PM PDT

Searril said:

Kilsin said:

Searril said:

Kilsin said:

Huntsman spiders

Ugh, I think I'm going to barf.  I can't imagine having one of those in my house, even less actually knowingly permitting it to happen.  You people are crazy!

Lol, surprisingly I hear that a lot! (well maybe not so surprisingly...) haha :)