Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

From Adventuring to Crafting and everything in between...

• 9115 posts
    June 15, 2017 3:56 AM PDT

From Adventuring to Crafting and everything in between, you will always have a good view in Pantheon #PRF

Image may contain: 1 person, indoor

Image may contain: indoor

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at June 15, 2017 3:57 AM PDT
    • 1303 posts
    June 15, 2017 4:01 AM PDT

Very nice. Looks like you've gotten some shader options in for the gnomes? 

• 9115 posts
    June 15, 2017 4:10 AM PDT

Feyshtey said:

For NPCs in the top pic, yes and that is bloom and was actually a bug in the bottom pic, haha, now we have even more shader changes, colour changes and overall cleanup of object reflections etc. the new artists are hard at work and hopefully I can show off some of that hard work soon :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at June 15, 2017 4:11 AM PDT
    • 73 posts
    June 15, 2017 4:20 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Feyshtey said:

For NPCs in the top pic, yes and that is bloom and was actually a bug in the bottom pic, haha, now we have even more shader changes, colour changes and overall cleanup of object reflections etc. the new artists are hard at work and hopefully I can show off some of that hard work soon :)

That would be awesome.  

• 483 posts
    June 15, 2017 4:25 AM PDT

@Kilsin

Loving the white Gnome looks sick!

But the interiors have something that bother me a lot, are they suposed to have walls that tall? it looks wrong to me, a normal human would be around window height, so why's the ceiling so high, a good 4 meters above the window?

• 21 posts
    June 15, 2017 4:45 AM PDT

Dude, the game keep looking better and better!! Cant wait for more live streams!! 

• 112 posts
    June 15, 2017 5:10 AM PDT

Great views as always.  Attention to detail and textures is spot on.  The forge looks a little lonely though, perhaps some crafting focus in the next stream. 

• 368 posts
    June 15, 2017 5:44 AM PDT

jpedrote said:

@Kilsin

But the interiors have something that bother me a lot, are they suposed to have walls that tall? it looks wrong to me, a normal human would be around window height, so why's the ceiling so high, a good 4 meters above the window?

My guess is for third person view gameplay reasons. 

• 9115 posts
    June 15, 2017 6:42 AM PDT

arazons said:

jpedrote said:

@Kilsin

My guess is for third person view gameplay reasons. 

That does play a part but it is also a magical place with big Constructs, little Gnomes and other things that reside there, it wasn't built for Humans :)

• 483 posts
    June 15, 2017 7:11 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

That does play a part but it is also a magical place with big Constructs, little Gnomes and other things that reside there, it wasn't built for Humans :)

I get why the tower is long, I was talking about the crafting house with the forge and fire.

• 2886 posts
    June 15, 2017 7:11 AM PDT

Feyshtey said:

Yeah I actually spotted those in the last stream. They look sweet

• 9115 posts
    June 15, 2017 8:14 AM PDT

jpedrote said:

Kilsin said:

I get why the tower is long, I was talking about the crafting house with the forge and fire.

Ahh gotchya, in the old days in real life it had something to do with heating and lighting, using gas and oil lit lanterns and fires that gave off smoke, so I would assume it had something to do with that since we are going with an older style of house model to fit Pantheons art style :)

• 368 posts
    June 15, 2017 8:31 AM PDT

@kilsin just got all in depth on us about it.

• 483 posts
    June 15, 2017 8:51 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Ahh gotchya, in the old days in real life it had something to do with heating and lighting, using gas and oil lit lanterns and fires that gave off smoke, so I would assume it had something to do with that since we are going with an older style of house model to fit Pantheons art style :)

That acutally makes a lot sense, never knew that was reason for the high pointy roofs. still don't fell the walls look correct they're just too dam long for me XD.

• 633 posts
    June 15, 2017 2:07 PM PDT

jpedrote said:

Kilsin said:

That acutally makes a lot sense, never knew that was reason for the high pointy roofs. still don't fell the walls look correct they're just too dam long for me XD.

Yeah, if you have ever seen an old summer kitchen (it was a detached building from a house where people could cook during the summer since there was no AC), the walls were generally tall enough to make two floors, that helped because the heat would rise up to the cieling and it would take much longer for the room to get really hot.  Nowadays, people are actually remodelling them to make them two floors, since they are rarely used to cook in anymore since the main houses now have AC.

• 2886 posts
    June 15, 2017 2:29 PM PDT

kelenin said:

jpedrote said:

Kilsin said:

Yeah, if you have ever seen an old summer kitchen (it was a detached building from a house where people could cook during the summer since there was no AC), the walls were generally tall enough to make two floors, that helped because the heat would rise up to the cieling and it would take much longer for the room to get really hot.  Nowadays, people are actually remodelling them to make them two floors, since they are rarely used to cook in anymore since the main houses now have AC.

Yeah. It also helps prevent the smoke from filling the room. You can see where the rafters are in the screenshot is where the "normal" ceiling would be :)

• 2138 posts
    June 15, 2017 3:49 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

kelenin said:

jpedrote said:

Kilsin said:

Yeah. It also helps prevent the smoke from filling the room. You can see where the rafters are in the screenshot is where the "normal" ceiling would be :)

Also, since its hot near the forge, if you eat a hot pepper before you start smithing it wont feel so hot. The pepper raises the body temerature on the inside, so relative to the outside- the temperature difference is not as great and therefore feels cooler. 

• 1468 posts
    June 15, 2017 3:55 PM PDT

Lovely screenshots. Very nice to see some crafting related stuff :). I'd love to see more of course.

• 2886 posts
    June 15, 2017 3:56 PM PDT

Manouk said:

Bazgrim said:

kelenin said:

jpedrote said:

Kilsin said:

Also, since its hot near the forge, if you eat a hot pepper before you start smithing it wont feel so hot. The pepper raises the body temerature on the inside, so relative to the outside- the temperature difference is not as great and therefore feels cooler. 

Ah, that's a hot tip! (pun very much intended)

• 839 posts
    June 15, 2017 5:53 PM PDT

Great screen shots mate, somthing i really like is (and i know it is not a very exciting thing to focus on) the gnomes staff, it looks awesome, it has just that nice natural wood grain and this is such a nice little bit of extra detail!  More or less every section where you guys are using wood the individual grain on each plank is just beautiful and detailed, small details like that go a long way to creating a very realistic rustic looking world!  Thanks for the share!

• 260 posts
    June 15, 2017 8:04 PM PDT

I think I might just have to take that 2nd axe from the right on the wall. I am sure no one will miss it.

Nice screenshots.

• 9115 posts
    June 15, 2017 10:26 PM PDT

Boulda said:

I think I might just have to take that 2nd axe from the right on the wall. I am sure no one will miss it.

Nice screenshots.

Oi! Put that down! :D

• 9115 posts
    June 15, 2017 10:27 PM PDT

Hokanu said:

Great screen shots mate, somthing i really like is (and i know it is not a very exciting thing to focus on) the gnomes staff, it looks awesome, it has just that nice natural wood grain and this is such a nice little bit of extra detail!  More or less every section where you guys are using wood the individual grain on each plank is just beautiful and detailed, small details like that go a long way to creating a very realistic rustic looking world!  Thanks for the share!

Yeah, the grey/white robes and Gnome staff look good :)

• 77 posts
    June 17, 2017 6:32 PM PDT

I noticed on Facebook that you said crafting will be similar to Vanguard. I haven't played it before, but if you can don a 'crafting suit' and start working the smelter like I've seen in the Vanguard tutorials on Youtube then I'm gonna be ecstatic. Crafting is more exciting when it's active rather than passive.

• 1468 posts
    June 17, 2017 6:47 PM PDT

Vaeruun said:

I noticed on Facebook that you said crafting will be similar to Vanguard. I haven't played it before, but if you can don a 'crafting suit' and start working the smelter like I've seen in the Vanguard tutorials on Youtube then I'm gonna be ecstatic. Crafting is more exciting when it's active rather than passive.

Crafting in Vanguard was awesome. I could quite easily spend hours just crafting in Vanguard. In fact I think I did more crafting in Vanguard than I do advanturing if I remember correctly. I have big hopes for Pantheon :).