Forums » News and Announcements

It's that time of the month again, ahem...The June Newsletter!

• 9115 posts
    June 14, 2017 4:39 AM PDT
    • 248 posts
    June 14, 2017 5:04 AM PDT

Thank you for the newsletter!
    Very interesting to read about all the work being done. So much to look forward to :D

-sorte. 

• 26 posts
    June 14, 2017 5:28 AM PDT

PogChamp

• 3852 posts
    June 14, 2017 5:53 AM PDT

Nice pictures.

I am glad there was nothing about the timing of future testing - since if you told me, you would have to kill me ((whimpers and hides))

• 46 posts
    June 14, 2017 6:25 AM PDT

Some interesting insights into the team. Congratulations to Iksar on the community spot light!

This post was edited by Sydor at June 14, 2017 6:25 AM PDT
    • 781 posts
    June 14, 2017 7:06 AM PDT

Awesome :)  

• 278 posts
    June 14, 2017 7:19 AM PDT

Thanks a bunch VR for my monthly "fix"

Got super exicted when i came across Corey's crafting plans sound's realy nice, thx Corey

• 189 posts
    June 14, 2017 7:52 AM PDT
    Sweet!
    • 151 posts
    June 14, 2017 7:58 AM PDT

Great info in the Dev diaries. I really appreciate that type of update.

• 1468 posts
    June 14, 2017 8:44 AM PDT

Stratoz said:

Thanks a bunch VR for my monthly "fix"

Got super exicted when i came across Corey's crafting plans sound's realy nice, thx Corey

You and me both. I always get excited when a bit of crafting stuff comes out but the other information in the newsletter was really interesting as well and dealt with parts of game design that I hadn't really considered before.

• 174 posts
    June 14, 2017 8:58 AM PDT

I'd like to know if crafting will be far enough along for testing in pre-alpha?

• 2752 posts
    June 14, 2017 9:02 AM PDT

" It's a minor example, but imagine a bowl of fruit that is left on a table at a Ratkin camp, filled with fruit that a player can actually pick up. Instead of having the fruit respawn on its own, it will be dependent on a Ratkin trader to replenish it. The Ratkin trader would leave its camp periodically and walk to the nearest village to restock and sell its own goods before returning. Upon returning, one of its actions would be to refill the empty bowl with fresh fruit. If for some reason the Ratkin trader is killed before completing their routine, the bowl will remain empty and there will be no fruit for you! "

That's incredibly exciting, hopefully this gets implemented! 

It's a true honor to be included in the newsletter. :D

• 644 posts
    June 14, 2017 9:37 AM PDT

Loved the newsletter, as always.......*BUT*.......did you have to sneak in that pic of Brad heading into the outhouse?!?

• 278 posts
    June 14, 2017 9:51 AM PDT

fazool said:

Loved the newsletter, as always.......*BUT*.......did you have to sneak in that pic of Brad heading into the outhouse?!?

LOL :D

• 441 posts
    June 14, 2017 10:03 AM PDT

Awesome thanks =-)

• 523 posts
    June 14, 2017 10:19 AM PDT

This was one of the better monthly updates for the sole reason that they confirmed that crafing will not be "click to combine", and instead rather be some form of turn based mini-game that I hope relies on strategy ala Vanguard.  Also, with the notation that crafting might be on par with the adventuring experience.  Not sure if that is just in relation to battling a mob or craft, or rather in depth and scope, but I'm hoping for both, especially the latter.   Regardless, kudos fellas!  I really enjoy three things in MMOs:  In-depth Raiding (EQ/WOW), In-depth Crafting (Vanguard/EQ2), and Collections (Rift/EQ2).  Seems like we're at two of three.  Now, just to push for collections very similar to how Rift did them.   

• 3016 posts
    June 14, 2017 12:47 PM PDT

I just LOVE the look of the interior of that Tower.  :) And always, happy to receive the Newsletter.   Good job,  VR :)

Cana

• 175 posts
    June 14, 2017 1:47 PM PDT

Iksar said:

" It's a minor example, but imagine a bowl of fruit that is left on a table at a Ratkin camp, filled with fruit that a player can actually pick up. Instead of having the fruit respawn on its own, it will be dependent on a Ratkin trader to replenish it. The Ratkin trader would leave its camp periodically and walk to the nearest village to restock and sell its own goods before returning. Upon returning, one of its actions would be to refill the empty bowl with fresh fruit. If for some reason the Ratkin trader is killed before completing their routine, the bowl will remain empty and there will be no fruit for you! "

That Ratkin's name wouldn't by chance be "Fippy"?

• 22 posts
    June 14, 2017 3:50 PM PDT

Iksar said:

I remember back in the day UO had something similar, when you would raise cartography buying blank maps at the vendor. If you sold the ones you made back to him he would run out of funds to buy new blank maps, it made the skill all that much more worth it when you got it maxxed. Sounds like this is something like that, I hope so, would make the game that much more fun!

• 839 posts
    June 14, 2017 4:52 PM PDT

Great newsletter! Thanks for the insight into some of the dev work, the whole fruit bowl concept sounds great! I look forward to seeing some interesting ways of using this system for things besides fruit :)

• 2419 posts
    June 14, 2017 5:56 PM PDT

That lake?  that looks very very deep!  I foresee water goblins in our future!

• 208 posts
    June 14, 2017 6:08 PM PDT

No not water goblins Vandraad but Sunken Keep of Kistle or Kistle Castle :)  Great job on the Newletter team!  Lots of interesting tidbits put in there.

• 261 posts
    June 14, 2017 7:56 PM PDT

"Tim "Convo" Wathen here. I just wanted to stop by and shed some light on some of the work I've been doing as we prepare for Pre-Alpha."

Darn I was hoping Pre-Alpha was already happening but no one could say so under a NDA and Alpha was next :)

• 1404 posts
    June 14, 2017 8:29 PM PDT

Iksar said:

That "Rat" example was my favorite part. "LIFE" in the world, as opposed to things just magically popping up or NPC's standing arround stiff as boards is important to me.

Sounds like a lot of work though.

• 441 posts
    June 14, 2017 8:37 PM PDT
    Very excited to read about crafting and it's direction. Also that you are close to showing off something soon. Still not sold on the acclimation system as something fun. Just seem like resist gear done with a small twist. Looking forward to seeing how this breaks down to being a fun part of the game as resist stats have always been a pain in most games and IMO not a fun way to wall content.