Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Vip Community Contest

• 263 posts
    June 10, 2017 2:11 AM PDT

The VIP Contest!

Become a VIP……. 

The VIP community has come together and funded 1000$ to support and give back to this wonderful community. We wanted to show our support to VR and give YOU the chance of joining the Ranks in the VIP CLUB. 

The Winner will receive a bump from their current pledge to VIP.

*The Runners up will receive a bump from their current pledge to next pledge level giving multiple people a small consolation prize

*Until funds run out!

How this how it all came about: It was an Idea that has been roaming my head for quite some time, and after speaking to many VIPs and the VR Staff about the Idea it became a reality. I thought this community is very special; we have great people from all over the world contributing great thoughts, ideas and contributions towards VR and their Vision of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and we wanted to show you that by coming together and giving YOU this great opportunity of becoming a VIP.

Being a VIP comes with a lot of responsibility and with a lot of rewards.

This is also the reason as to why we decided to do this giveaway internally within the Pantheon Forums. 

Anyone from SUPPORTER to CHAMPION can enter the giveaway, but we require something in return and this is where we ask you to be creative!  (VIPs ARE EXCLUDED FROM ENTRY)

How the Contest Works: 

The Contest is broken down into three stages and consists of 5 Categories they are listed below.

1. stage: gives you full control of your creativity; be it a fan made video, or a wonderful story or something comical, maybe even something artistic or a musical composition relating to VR Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen regardless what it is your heart desires.  So whatever comes to your mind, just remember to be creative. (Please provide us with Links to view your entry)

2. stage: will be the same as the first only this time the VIPs will decide what your next category will be (Please provide us two alternative choices out of the remaining four categories *excluding your original choice)you cannot use the same categories twice! 

3. stage: you will be tasked with doing a write up on your future Character in the current time within Terminus (The Frail Age) share a background of your character and a story. (No you cannot just skip the other 2 Stages and jump right into this one!) 

Stages: 

First: You pick your choice of entry and provide us with two alternative categories, knock yourself out and show us your awesomeness.

Second: The VIPs will pick your next category. So think real hard about what your alternatives should be! 

Third: Now show us your knowledge of the Lore and send us that amazing story with a bit of background on your character within the world of Terminus during the Frail Age!

Categories: 

·          Video 

·          Storytelling and/or Comic 

·          Art 

·          Musical Composition 

·          Other 

*Don`t forget to provide us with a link to view your entry 

How judging works: 

1. Stage: The VIPs cast the Vote (VIP Forums only 1 Vote per Person)

2. Stage: The entire community would Vote (Off-Topic Forums only 1 Vote per Person)

3. Stage: The VIPs Involved of Funding would Vote (VIP Forums Only 1 Vote per person) 

* After all 3 stages have been voted on we would count all the Votes and List the Ranking of all entries and based on votes counted declare the Winner, and Runner Ups!

What happens if there is a stalemate? 

Should there be a stalemate or tie, the Guild Leaders of the Community will vote and bring the stalemate to an end.

Where do we post the entries? 

In the Off-Topic Subforum

Stage 1 Contest, Stage 2 Contest and Stage 3 Contest 

How much time is given for each Stage? 

2 Weeks / 14 Days (after that the Forum will be locked!) 

Where will Voting take place and when can we vote? 

Stage 1: In the VIPs Forums Stage 1 Voting 

Stage 2: Off-Topic Forums Stage 2 Voting

Stage 3: In the VIPs Forums Stage 3 Voting 

*voting will only be counted within the respected Topic, DMs or posts elsewhere will auto forfeit!

You can only enter one category,  Your Forum Name will be used to Vote. (Please try and stick to the Forum Name of Entree only when Voting to prevent overseeing a Vote because of walls of text before, between or after) Voting will open the day after each stage period has passed and the Voting will be open for 5 Days and then locked (So make sure to Vote in time!)

Stages and Voting

Stage 1: 14th June - 27th June

Stage 2: 3rd July - 16th July

Stage 3: 22nd July - 4th August

Voting Stage 1: 28th June - 2nd July

Voting Stage 2: 17th July - 21st July

Voting stage 3: 5th August - 9th August

Winner and runner-up announcements on the 10th August

Have Fun!

This post was edited by Yarnila at June 10, 2017 3:59 AM PDT
    • 42 posts
    June 10, 2017 8:21 AM PDT

Yarnila said:

(Please provide us with Links to view your entry)

(Please provide us two alternative choices out of the remaining four categories *excluding your original choice)

I don't understand that .

Who is "us" ?

"Provide" where ?

"Links" to where (I have no webpage) ? Or does it mean a link to imgur f.ex and in this case put the link where ?

• 2886 posts
    June 10, 2017 11:26 AM PDT

Good idea Yarn! Thanks for your hard work

• 263 posts
    June 10, 2017 11:32 AM PDT

lutorin said:

Yarnila said:

(Please provide us with Links to view your entry)

(Please provide us two alternative choices out of the remaining four categories *excluding your original choice)

I don't understand that .

Who is "us" ?

"Provide" where ?

"Links" to where (I have no webpage) ? Or does it mean a link to imgur f.ex and in this case put the link where ?

Us = The Vips, since this is something the VIP Community did together!

Where do we post the entries? 

In the Off-Topic Subforum

Stage 1 Contest, Stage 2 Contest and Stage 3 Contest

When we unlock the Stages to post your entry this is where we expect to see the Link and your 2 Alternative Categories.

We will unlock the forum for the Stages as listed:

Stages and Voting

Stage 1: 14th June - 27th June

Stage 2: 3rd July - 16th July

Stage 3: 22nd July - 4th August

This post was edited by Yarnila at June 10, 2017 11:33 AM PDT
    • 44 posts
    June 11, 2017 6:38 AM PDT

Three topics is hard to come up with. Art I can do and a story anyone can do. Music and videos are a bit outside my area of expertise. That lands me directly in the other catagory. Other is so broad a catagory. Are we talking meat sculpture, interprative dance or just anything under the sun? Aside from Art, story, music and video, I'm having a hard time processing much outside of sculpture that could be a quality Pantheon and or VR addition to your competition. Perhaps if one of you very generous VIP's would be willing to give a couple directions in the other catagory for us as a guide... we could produce something more fitting to the VIP team we are hoping to join soon. Three competition quality topics is a tall order so I wish everyone good luck. By the way. Thank you for giving us this oppertunity. It really shows how much you guys and girls care about the Pantheon community.

• 80 posts
    June 11, 2017 2:14 PM PDT

I would love to see a dwarf made entirely from bologna.

• 263 posts
    June 12, 2017 1:10 AM PDT

Hey @Armyguy0 

it can be anything you want it to be. Not everyone can make Videos or do Art, Music and even write. Just go wild and crazy whatever you deem creative. 

That is the reason why we left the final categorie "open" as Other, so people can do what they want. 

Maybe knit the Pantheon Logo out of wool, or if cooking is your thing then hey maybe there is something there too.

You remember the Ingame Dance Emote ? That is something too...show us your moves! 

Can you Bake ? Maybe sculpt one of the Race out of cake ? Ever see Cake Boss ? 

We wanted to make this contest as transparent and fair as possible, the reason we came up with these categories in the first place was to give everyone a fair chance at winning. 

It`s going to be more of how "original" was the Idea that most will look for. As you said, the first 4 Categories are something that almost everyone has a knack for to some point. 

I hope this gives you the answer you are looking for. We just want to let you all go wild with your ideas.

@Rocon 

i second that notion! 

This post was edited by Yarnila at June 12, 2017 1:16 AM PDT
    • 190 posts
    June 23, 2017 12:15 PM PDT

This is an awesome idea, VIP's!  Thank you for thinking of the rest of us.  Sadly, I don't have much spare time to devote to amazing and fun artistic endeavors so I'll have to save up get to VIP status the usual way.  I do, however, wish much luck to those who do have the time to participate.  Have fun!  Enjoy the exercise of your imaginative muscles.  If you don't win, you still win because you got to be creative and contribute to the community.

• June 28, 2017 12:42 PM PDT

Since I know the contestants can't see the voting process by the VIPs, I felt compelled to comment here and just say WOW.  You guys have blown this out of the park.  I love seeing the various mediums, and the riveting design, as well as the wordsmithing.

I have a cold, waking up and scrolling through the entries was just such a treat and I know I don't speak for just myself when I say that the level of passion and dedication here is tremendously moving.  I believe gobsmacked is the appropriate word of the hour.

Gonna just go put away these chopped onions now.  I blame the fact I was already sniffly and my eyes watery.

(As a disclaimer, VR staff aren't voting but we're watching it!)

• 17 posts
    June 28, 2017 3:32 PM PDT

Just wanted to give a huge shout out to the VIPs for making this possible. The Pantheon community is so incredibly different from any other game community. I've been in a creative rut as of late, and this contest has been the perfect inspiration to try different avenues. Reading both Kilsin and Zynxs reactions has made my entire year (and I'm sure all the other contestants must feel similar). I can't wait to see the submissions for stage two =).

• 10 posts
    June 28, 2017 5:38 PM PDT

I couldn't have said it better, Elexiel!  Thanks to all the VIP's for such a generous donation, and for stirring the passions of creativity.  Win or lose, I've already made fun memories with my kids and other contestants during this process.  That's always a win :)

• 578 posts
    July 4, 2017 11:44 AM PDT

Congrats to everyone who made round 2. Best of luck!!