Forums » The Paladin

offensive tank

• 8 posts
    June 9, 2017 10:47 AM PDT

I wouldnt mind seeing paly veer away from healing.

more of an offensive tank, smiting enemies. and not just undead. maybe able to enchant their weapons before battle.

still have some other forms of group support. AC/HP buffs.

stuns of course.

rune/bubble spell, with long recast, it should be a oh crap spell, we just need a few more seconds for cleric to get spell off kinda thing

maybe their rune could be a kinda guard ability. caster takes to much agro, mob hit caster with rune. rune pops but paly gets moved to top spot on mob agro list

5 min recast, so u couldnt have it on everyone all the time. jsut that wizard trying to show off his might

and stuns of course.

• 834 posts
    June 9, 2017 1:45 PM PDT

I am hoping they will be more offensive than paladins of the past. There is a fair chance they will be since their original name was Crusader and their description sounds much more offense oriented:

"Once a Cleric, the Paladin has a call transcending the customs of the Cleric Order. Led by her convictions, she sets off to carry out her own righteous judgment.

• 316 posts
    June 11, 2017 11:40 AM PDT

Led by her convictions, she sets off to carry out her own righteous judgment.

Rawr! 

If Clerics are the Shields of the Clerical orders, then Paladins are undoubtedly the Sword!

Not an MMORPG, but my favorite type of Paladin is the 5th Edition D&D Oath of Vengeance Paladin 

Tenets of Vengeance: The tenets of the Oath of Vengeance vary by paladin, but all the tenets revolve around punishing wrongdoers by any means necessary. Paladins who uphold these tenets are willing to sacrifice even their own righteousness to mete out justice upon those who do evil, so the paladins are often neutral or lawful neutral in alignment. The core principles of the tenets are brutally simple.

-Fight the Greater Evil. Faced with a choice of fighting my sworn foes or combating a lesser evil.

-I choose the greater evil.

-No Mercy for the Wicked. Ordinary foes might win my mercy, but my sworn enemies do not.

-By Any Means Necessary. My qualms can’t get in the way of exterminating my foes.

-Restitution. If my foes wreak ruin on the world, it is because I failed to stop them. I must help those harmed by their misdeeds.

I am rolling a Paladin no matter what, but would prefer something like that. Depending on how Specializations and Deities work, I am hoping theres a good and proper deity of War or Storms (Rainkeeper was my Patron in EQ) that Paladins can follow. Mainly for Roleplay reasons, Not sure how deities will affect gameplay.

• 290 posts
    July 21, 2017 2:21 PM PDT

As a tank in EQ1, Paladins were, yes, very offensive...

• 60 posts
    August 4, 2017 9:51 PM PDT

Anistosoles said:

Not nearly as much DPS as SK's tho, but pallies were the stun kings back in the day.

Iksar said:

I am hoping they will be more offensive than paladins of the past. There is a fair chance they will be since their original name was Crusader and their description sounds much more offense oriented:

"Once a Cleric, the Paladin has a call transcending the customs of the Cleric Order. Led by her convictions, she sets off to carry out her own righteous judgment.

But I hope they still make Pallies more focused on stuns to hold that crazy threat they used too, And let the Dire lords do more actual dmg

This post was edited by Nymphey at August 4, 2017 9:53 PM PDT
    • 290 posts
    August 11, 2017 3:32 PM PDT

Nymphey said:

Anistosoles said:

Not nearly as much DPS as SK's tho, but pallies were the stun kings back in the day.

I was trying to be funny. Pallies , as tanks in EQ1, were often seen as offensive...as in "causing someone to feel deeply upset or angry." My bad...