Forums » Support

Copy / Paste

• 3327 posts
    June 2, 2017 11:26 AM PDT

I have noticed an issue for the past few months.  Basically, when I try to copy/paste something into a thread, it takes several attempts before it sticks.  After it eventually sticks, an "X" will appear at the end of my post, but only after it's submitted.  I've also noticed that when I try to edit a specific sentence, it will start putting the text into another area in the post.  It's a real pain.  I know the new forums are around the corner, but in the meantime, has anybody else seen this?  Is there a fix for it?  I've seen it on 3 different computers and 4 browsers, IE, Edge, Firefox, and Chrome.

• 4397 posts
    June 2, 2017 11:57 AM PDT

Oh yeah that's been going on forever. I've just kinda learned to deal with it. In fact, I'm so used to it now, it'll probably weird not having to do it in the new forums lol. I have no idea why it happens, but at this point it's probably not worth fixing. It's not hard to just go back and edit out the "X." And I'm in the habit of just double-tapping Ctrl+V to make sure the paste sticks. Like you said, we won't have to wait much longer for the new forums, where we won't have nearly as many annoying bugs.

• 8694 posts
    June 2, 2017 8:34 PM PDT

Yes, it is frustrating, especially when I use that function a lot to repeat answers to commonly questions, can't wait for the new forums! :D