Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Question about exploiting...

This topic has been closed.
    • 189 posts
    May 29, 2017 6:30 AM PDT

My S.O. and I were talking the other day about Pantheon and all the alpha testing for games now a days. We talked about how some games stay in Alpha forever and how some sell "Alpha" access to everyone and their moms. He also happened to mention that when he tried ESO on release, some of the testers had already found a duping glitch for an item, and on release they exploited that glitch so bad it ruined the economy. He quit playing right then and there.

So... my question is; will there be any consequences for people who find exploits and abuse them? Especially if they find them in Alpha and never mention it to get a huge headstart on release.

Same kinda goes for bosses. I played a lot of Rift and a few other games where people just glitched bosses in dungeons and raids to get the win and the loot. Will those hiccups be fixed immediately?

• 9115 posts
    May 29, 2017 7:04 AM PDT

Yes and we have covered this many times my friend, so I will have to close this but if you use the search function you will find many closed subjects on gold farming, exploiting and punishments for cheating etc.

We won't tolerate that kind of behaviour and together with the communities help, we will catch and remove as many people as possible that do exploit, dupe, bot gold farm or sell etc. we can;t go into details for security reasons but we are very aware and are developing the game with those things in mind.