Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Fantheonmmo.com

This topic has been closed.
    • 3237 posts
    May 28, 2017 11:18 AM PDT

Hey everybody,

I just wanted to reach out to the community and let you all know that I'm working on a new Pantheon fansite.  We have a pretty good idea of the direction we want to take for the site and it will be something that continues to evolve over time.  Due to the game still being in development and NDA restrictions, some of our ideas won't come to fruition until a later date down the road.  In the meantime, we're going to focus on user-generated content with an emphasis on fun and creativity.  We are interested in working on an ongoing comic strip and various forms of fan fiction.  We'll also have a newsletter (probably monthly but this isn't set in stone) where we will feature some of the content submissions.

Due to this project still being in an infancy stage, it will be awhile before we get it up and running.  If you are interested in collaborating, please send me a PM here on this website or message me on Discord.  My Discord username is 1AD7#7153.  Again, we are placing a huge emphasis on creativity so if you have an angle that you are interested in tackling, don't hesitate to share your idea with me and I'd be more than happy to see if it's something that we can accommodate on the website and help with promoting it.  We would like to eventually incorporate class guides, podcasts, tutorials and other game-centric concepts into the site but that won't happen until more concrete information about the game becomes available.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message and I look forward to working with some of my fellow fantheon fanatics soon!

This post was edited by oneADseven at May 28, 2017 7:14 PM PDT
    • 1468 posts
    May 29, 2017 4:54 PM PDT

Sounds like a really good idea. I love the idea of a place where people can get together and create Pantheon related stuff. I might even try and practice my writing skills again (it has been years since I did any proper writing) and see what I can come up with. I certainly don't have the skills to do any drawing or picture related stuff.

But one questiion. Is Fantheonmmo.com really your domain name? It sounds like one of those dodgy websites that try to copy legit websites when someone accidently mistypes the domain name. I mean there is only one letter difference between the official domain name and your domain name. If I were you I'd pick something different.

• 3237 posts
    May 29, 2017 9:24 PM PDT

Well the P and the F are pretty far apart on the keyboard so I assure you that we aren't looking to capitalize on potential typo traffic.  I have always liked the sound of the word "Fantheon" in regards to a fansite for this game but Fantheon.com was already taken.  Fantheonmmo.com is indeed the domain name that we will be using and that's how we will be branding our site.  On another note, I'm confident in our web designer's ability to produce a site that doesen't appear dodgy or gimmicky.  We have some pretty cool ideas on how we can not only provide an outlet for creative thinking, but also attract new players/potential followers to the game.  As someone recently told me ... "Think big."  So that is the route we are going to take, and we're going to leverage our marketing knowhow to drive traffic and new potential followers to the site from external sources.

I spend a great deal of time promoting this game because it sounds like everything I could ever want from an MMO.  I have recently seen other games on the market that show flashes of potential here or there but nothing like the consistent greatness that I have come to expect from anything Pantheon related.  That said, it behooves me to try and spread the word about this game as it would feel irresponsible to be in a position where I could help raise awareness for it but not actually do anything about it.  At the end of the day though, I want to focus on what I can control, and do so in an environment that doesen't become a distraction to the team.  This is why all conceptual ideas and or creative expressions will be based on the idea of them being viewed as "post-launch" considerations.

I know there are plenty of Pantheon followers who have been around since it's inception who have been able to enjoy sharing feedback or suggestions that have ultimately helped the game get to where it is today.  Unfortunately, I wasn't around during those days and missed out on all of that fun.  I'm genuinely looking forward to testing the game and seeing the culmination of all that hard work from the team and community in a tangible form.  It will be awesome ... super excited to be a part of that.  But I have high hopes for this game and am looking at things from a long-term perspective.  I am hoping Pantheon will still be around in 20 years and since it's a game that will continue to evolve, there will be ample opportunity for the next batch of creative thinking to have an impact on it's future.

This post was edited by oneADseven at May 29, 2017 9:57 PM PDT
    • 1468 posts
    May 29, 2017 9:48 PM PDT

oneADseven said:

Well the P and the F are pretty far apart on the keyboard so I assure you that we aren't looking to capitalize on potential typo traffic.  I have always liked the sound of the word "Fantheon" in regards to a fansite for this game but Fantheon.com was already taken.  Fantheonmmo.com is indeed the domain name that we will be using and that's how we will be branding our site.  On another note, I'm confident in our web designer's ability to produce a site that doesen't appear dodgy or gimmicky.  We have some pretty cool ideas on how we can not only provide an outlet for creative thinking, but also attract new players/potential followers to the game.  As someone recently told me ... "Think big."  So that is the route we are going to take, and we're going to leverage our marketing knowhow to drive traffic and new potential followers to the site from external sources.

I spend a great deal of time promoting this game because it sounds like everything I could ever want from an MMO.  I have recently seen other games on the market that show flashes of potential here or there but nothing like the consistent greatness that I have come to expect from anything Pantheon related.  That said, it behooves me to try and spread the word about this game as it would feel irresponsible to be in a position where I could help raise awareness for it but not actually do anything about it.  At the end of the day though, I want to focus on what I can control, and do so in an environment that doesen't become a distraction to the team.  This is why all conceptual ideas and or creative expressions will be based on the idea of them being viewed as "post-launch" considerations.

I know there are plenty of Pantheon followers who have been around since it's inception who have been able to enjoy sharing feedback or suggestions that have ultimately helped the game get to where it is today.  Unfortunately, I wasn't around during those days and missed out on all of that fun.  I'm genuinely looking forward to testing the game and seeing the culmination of all that hard work from the team and community in a tangible form.  It will be awesome ... super excited to be a part of that.  But I have high hopes for this game and am looking at things from a long-term perspective.  I am hoping Pantheon will still be around in 20 years and since it's a game that will continue to evolve, there will be ample opportunities for the next batch of creative thinking to have an impact on it's future.

Sounds good and I wish you luck with your project. I look forward to seeing what you can do with it. I like the fact that you are "thinking big". That is the way to do it :).

This post was edited by Cromulent at May 29, 2017 9:50 PM PDT
    • 3237 posts
    May 29, 2017 11:51 PM PDT

Thanks Crom.  My brother and I have built two websites from scratch that Lebron James has made purchases from, both being local businesses here in the Cleveland area.  I even have a member of the Cleveland Browns as a personal client who reached out to me through some of my online marketing endeavors.  I know that Pantheon is a pretty niche market but I think this game has a world of potential ... it's called Terminus and I want to share it with as many people as possible.

• 3237 posts
    May 31, 2017 5:53 AM PDT

We started messing around for fun last night and here are a couple videos we came up with:

Dwarf with no cold acclimation:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BLw1TspEBk

Ogre that wants to be a bard:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5VAcjoiJ-E

The quality of these kind of videos will improve over time as we continue to experiment with animations.  Real voice acting would've been much better over the text to speech program we used and that's something we'll try to dabble with in the near future as well.  We have had quite a few people reach out to us in regards to helping out with the fansite and we really do appreciate all of the interest.  I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do with this project!

• 186 posts
    June 4, 2017 9:14 PM PDT
    Neat idea! Best of luck with your project!
    • 3237 posts
    June 21, 2017 5:29 PM PDT

Website launched!

http://www.fantheonmmo.com/

• 1468 posts
    June 22, 2017 7:00 AM PDT

Very nice looking site :). You might want to start a thread in the Fan Sites forum for your new forum as that is probably the place where people will go to find external fan sites.

• 3237 posts
    June 22, 2017 7:34 AM PDT

Thank you Crom!  I started a thread in the correct forum.  This thread can be locked/deleted or whatever.

• 9115 posts
    June 22, 2017 5:04 PM PDT

Moved to Off-Topic as you have already created a post in the Fansite section where this post originally belonged, Fan Creations is for artwork and videos etc. :)