Forums » Secret Class

Telepath/Kinetics

• 17 posts
    May 25, 2017 12:13 AM PDT

Why not, it'd be cool and everything else has been listed.  =)

• 474 posts
    May 25, 2017 6:55 AM PDT

When people say this all I can see is the class being an enchanter with a different name for its spells. You can't interact with the environment so you can't move objects. Best case scinerio you end up with their CC ebing a levitate+root type spell. What else can they do? Charm? Yea... sounds like an enchanter.

There are really only a few potential classes that would have good clear cut roles and mechanics that weren't just copys of existing classes with different names.

Berzerker - Rage filled monster wielding murder and feeling no pain. Weilds massive 2 hand weapons. Role: DPS

Beast Lord - Pet class hybrid monk/shaman. Wields small weapons or hand to hand. Role:Light DPS/Support

Warlock (or whatever) - Single 1h sword user (my preference) or dual wielder / Bow with physical damage augmenting offensive magic. Buffs their OWN DPS which stacks with all other buffs bringing them up to an even match for Rogue/Monk dps. No support, their buffs are self only. Role: Pure DPS (NOTE: I'd love to see this class wield only 1 sword and a parrying dagger in off hand that is purely defensive. No shields allowed.)

Warden - Third Knight Class Warrior/Druid hybrid. This one is kinda iffy. If it is done correctly it would be its own class, but might generally end up being a Paladin clone. Role: Tank

Chloromancer - Intelligence based arcane healer. Uses holistic nature based magic to heal and buff. Healer on par with a shaman/druid specialized in controling plants. Pet class with pets that heal or cause AE dots (poison spores) or AE slow (tangled vines). Pets would be fairly weak as tanks or primary dps but would provide support. Role: Heal/Support

• 17 posts
    May 25, 2017 4:56 PM PDT

Yeah, you have a point, they would be simular to wizards/enchanters, but the concept is still cool and hasn't really been done in games.  Ok, I take that back, Jedi and Sith in TOR..  I just really like them in D&D and while they didn't have as many "spells" as a wizard, they were powerful characters.

So just ignore me........

• 474 posts
    May 25, 2017 6:10 PM PDT

dragonpriest said:

Yeah, you have a point, they would be simular to wizards/enchanters, but the concept is still cool and hasn't really been done in games.  Ok, I take that back, Jedi and Sith in TOR..  I just really like them in D&D and while they didn't have as many "spells" as a wizard, they were powerful characters.

So just ignore me........

Naw its not so much that I don't agree. Psionics would be awesome in a game where you could manipulate the game environment more. Then you'd be able to cast spells and have actual things fly at the target and do damage. Knock backs. Its an awesome concept, its just that in Pantheon they couldn't be done "right" just because the world isn't going to support them.

Hopefully the idea will get done correctly in a game some day, cause i'd love to play that class. I just don't think Pantheon is going to let the class live up to what it should be.