Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

South Saol Peninsula

• 1404 posts
    May 21, 2017 8:40 PM PDT

At the end of the 4/27 stream our merry band of travelers are left standing on a path with the "Tower of the Reckless Magician" just becoming vizable in the distance. 

Comparing this to the published Atlas (subject to change of course) This makes me think they must be in "The Vae Wood". Except on the Atlas The Vea is brown and burnt, totally mismatched Graphics.

So was the stream created on the way to the Tower

1) in the green before the Vae (and the world seems pretty small)

2) in the green after the Vey (and the world is quite large to travel all that way and the Tower still just barely visable)

3) Atlas map changes and you no longer need to pass through The Vae Wood or the wood is not yet burnt.

Did anyone hear the name of the zone they were in?  I have watched the stream twice and dident catch it.

• 5 posts
    May 22, 2017 1:01 AM PDT

I believe the zone is called "South Saol Peninsula".

Source:
    https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2017_february_state_of_the_game/

• 9115 posts
    May 22, 2017 3:33 AM PDT

tunk said:

Source:

Correct, we were in South Saol and we visited the Tower of the Reckless Magician in the second stream :)

• 1404 posts
    May 22, 2017 5:17 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

tunk said:

Source:

Correct, we were in South Saol and we visited the Tower of the Reckless Magician in the second stream :)

So can you give us some information on South Saol Peninsula resolves with the published Atlas

Is South Saol Peninsula the entire peninsula to the Left and Below the Kingsreach banner? That would make sence except it's not burnt as the Atlas shows. So is then the atlas out of date? (understandable it can still be changing right up until launch and you can't be expected to keep it up to date until then) 

Can you share any info like this with us at this time Kilsin?

• 411 posts
    May 22, 2017 5:44 AM PDT

I would guess that South Saol Peninsula refers to the southern tip of the Saol Peninsula and not a description saying that Saol Pensinsula is on the southern end of map. That would mean that the green tip is South Saol Peninsula and that the Vae Wood could also be referred to as Central Saol Peninsula and maybe the green patch above could be North Saol Peninsula.

This post was edited by Ainadak at May 22, 2017 5:45 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    May 22, 2017 5:47 AM PDT

Zorkon said:

Kilsin said:

tunk said:

Source:

So can you give us some information on South Saol Peninsula resolves with the published Atlas

Is South Saol Peninsula the entire peninsula to the Left and Below the Kingsreach banner? That would make sence except it's not burnt as the Atlas shows. So is then the atlas out of date? (understandable it can still be changing right up until launch and you can't be expected to keep it up to date until then) 

Can you share any info like this with us at this time Kilsin?

That Atlas is old but it pretty much refers to the green grassy area around Tower fo the Reckless Magician, not the burnt area (The Vale Wood) which has not been shown yet. :)

• 2886 posts
    May 22, 2017 5:54 AM PDT

Yes, in the April stream, when the group first zoned into South Saol, you'll notice that they were facing east, which probably means they entered at the zone-in point from The Vae Wood and South Saol itself is the green area at the tip of the peninsula surrounding the tower. There are lots of zones on the atlas that take up space, but are just not labeled.

• 483 posts
    May 22, 2017 9:23 AM PDT

@Kilsin

Since South Saol Peninsula is a zone that's not written in the Atlas, but it exists in the game, and it looks to be a pretty big zone, will we see more of these zones that don't have a name in the atlas but will exist in the game world? For example the green space between "Veil of Azeris" and "Wild's End" is that going to be a zone, or some sort of passage, or will that space be integrated in the 2 zones next to it, half would be in the "Veil of Azeris" and the other half in "Wild's end", it wouldn't be it's own zone, but it would exist in the world.

• 2886 posts
    May 22, 2017 10:34 AM PDT

jpedrote said:

@Kilsin

Since South Saol Peninsula is a zone that's not written in the Atlas, but it exists in the game, and it looks to be a pretty big zone, will we see more of these zones that don't have a name in the atlas but will exist in the game world? For example the green space between "Veil of Azeris" and "Wild's End" is that going to be a zone, or some sort of passage, or will that space be integrated in the 2 zones next to it, half would be in the "Veil of Azeris" and the other half in "Wild's end", it wouldn't be it's own zone, but it would exist in the world.

Of course. There's at least one entire continent that's not even on the atlas. But offf the top of my head...

Zone's we have seen, but aren't on the atlas:

- Halnir Caves
    - Amberfaet

Other zones that we know about, but haven't seen and aren't on the atlas:

- Khagan's Solitude
    - Khadassa
    - Skyhold
    - Su'Roa
    - The Frozen Sanctum
    - Sorhiryth (although this may just be a treehouse zone within a zone, like Kelethin)

There's probably more. But suffice to say the atlas will be updated (Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5316/new-map-of-terminus), although they may intentionally be withholding some labels as well. Just read what it says right above the atlas:

"This is the current, known world of Terminus, as expeditions from Kingsreach and Reignfall have only just begun. However, reports are already coming in from the great regions of the East and the frozen reaches of the South..."

This post was edited by Bazgrim at May 22, 2017 10:39 AM PDT
    • 483 posts
    May 22, 2017 11:05 AM PDT

@Bazgrim

I didn't think much about those 2 (halnir and amberfaet) because they're sort of "hidden" dungeons and I assumed they would be ommited in the Atlas anyway. So i guess it's safe to say the land and Mountains Northeast of Skargol will be zones in the game. The other zones you listed are from the lore right, I rembember reading about the frozen sanctum in the website lore. Talking about lore, are the Revenant still a powerfull faction, in the lore it says "As for the Revenant, there was no force great enough to exterminate them completely" so they still exist.

I'm really excited to see the full Atlas, from the current one there seems to be 3 more large masses of land that have not yet been revealed, the frozen continent up north, the one next to Wilds ends, and an archipelago or another continent south of Reignfall.

• 2886 posts
    May 22, 2017 12:01 PM PDT

jpedrote said:

@Bazgrim

I didn't think much about those 2 (halnir and amberfaet) because they're sort of "hidden" dungeons and I assumed they would be ommited in the Atlas anyway. So i guess it's safe to say the land and Mountains Northeast of Skargol will be zones in the game. The other zones you listed are from the lore right, I rembember reading about the frozen sanctum in the website lore. Talking about lore, are the Revenant still a powerfull faction, in the lore it says "As for the Revenant, there was no force great enough to exterminate them completely" so they still exist.

I'm really excited to see the full Atlas, from the current one there seems to be 3 more large masses of land that have not yet been revealed, the frozen continent up north, the one next to Wilds ends, and an archipelago or another continent south of Reignfall.

Yeah it's tough to say. Look at this atlas of Faydwer from EQ's launch: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/zones/map_faydwer_hi.gif

A handful of those zones were included in the lore, but not released until years later or even not at all. And there were some zones that did launch, but were not shown on the atlas. (Not to mention some of the zone connections are a little different in-game than they would seem based on the atlas.) It's more of a rough overview.

However, we do know that in Pantheon there will be 3 races at launch whose starting cities are not shown on the current atlas. And it stands to reason that each of them will also have at least a few zones surrounding them. So I'd bet money that there's quite a bit of the world that we don't even know about yet. But like I said, it's tough to determine how much of those empty spaces will actually be in-game zones and how much of it is added to fill in the gaps and make the atlas look more realistic. Again, on the Faydwer atlas you can see they did the same thing a little bit. These atlases are fairly stylized. We do know that the mountains in between Wander's Lost and The Burning Sanctum (northwest of Skargol) are called The Roans. But we'll have to wait and see whether that's just a fun lore fact or if we'll actually be able to go there.

Alse see:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2184/updated-map

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5316/new-map-of-terminus

This post was edited by Bazgrim at May 22, 2017 12:02 PM PDT
    • 483 posts
    May 22, 2017 12:37 PM PDT

@Bazgrim

The "updated-map" post has some great info from Brad about how zone conections will work thanks :)

• 9115 posts
    May 22, 2017 5:26 PM PDT

jpedrote said:

@Kilsin

Yes, as I said it is old, very old, and as Baz pointed out, we already have shown off many things that are not on the Atlas, when we get around to updating it we will post the new version which should better help to explain it all but for now, I can't give too much more away. :)

• 1404 posts
    May 22, 2017 7:01 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

jpedrote said:

@Kilsin

Yes, as I said it is old, very old, and as Baz pointed out, we already have shown off many things that are not on the Atlas, when we get around to updating it we will post the new version which should better help to explain it all but for now, I can't give too much more away. :)

Thanks for what you were able to give Kils, it helped me a lot to understand what we were looking at (zone wise) in the stream's. That view from the start of the secound stream, out the window of the tower shows how large these zones really will be.

But now it get's me wondering some more... If the area arround the tower is "South Saol Peninsula" and from inside the Tower you were able to jump (and die slacker!) to the ground below (I'm assuming here that the ground is South Saol Peninsula?, then "Tower of the Reckless Magician" or at least to about halfway up.... is not a Zone, it's actually just a place in South Saol Peninsula.

I expected it to be a zone, like Tower of Frozen Shadows in EQ

• 316 posts
    May 22, 2017 9:32 PM PDT

Right on Zorkon, thanks for these questions and inference-makings! It could be that players zone into The Tower of the Reckless Magician and the zone includes green land around the tower.. unless I'm missing something.

This post was edited by Alexander at May 22, 2017 9:36 PM PDT
    • 839 posts
    May 22, 2017 9:45 PM PDT

Zorkon said:

But now it get's me wondering some more... If the area arround the tower is "South Saol Peninsula" and from inside the Tower you were able to jump (and die slacker!) to the ground below (I'm assuming here that the ground is South Saol Peninsula?, then "Tower of the Reckless Magician" or at least to about halfway up.... is not a Zone, it's actually just a place in South Saol Peninsula.

Thats what I was wondering too while watching! Then I was wondering about imagine how long that train would be lol! Maybe the zone starts in the area just outside the tower so people can mill around outside the tower and meet up or LFG there as people zone in and pickup extra group members.  Maybe the outside area will have some lower level mobs a bit like Unrest for lowbies to get there chops before levling up and going in!

• 9115 posts
    May 22, 2017 11:30 PM PDT

Zorkon said:

Kilsin said:

jpedrote said:

@Kilsin

Thanks for what you were able to give Kils, it helped me a lot to understand what we were looking at (zone wise) in the stream's. That view from the start of the secound stream, out the window of the tower shows how large these zones really will be.

The Tower of the Reckless Magician is its own zone and unfinished (which is why there was nothing much below other than lots of my bodies lol), what you saw was a portion of what it will be, we just wanted to show off some of it to give everyone an idea of what we were planning, currently we use /coord devs hacks to get there but I am not sure how you folks will be able to get there in the game, most likely a path or door that will take you to the starting point but that is just my guess.

The South Saol Peninsular is its own zone too. 

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at May 22, 2017 11:30 PM PDT
    • 483 posts
    May 23, 2017 5:38 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Thank you Kilsin :), BTW any eta for the next stream? I need to see more XD.

• 1404 posts
    May 23, 2017 8:29 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Zorkon said:

Kilsin said:

jpedrote said:

@Kilsin

The Tower of the Reckless Magician is its own zone and unfinished (which is why there was nothing much below other than lots of my bodies lol), what you saw was a portion of what it will be, we just wanted to show off some of it to give everyone an idea of what we were planning, currently we use /coord devs hacks to get there but I am not sure how you folks will be able to get there in the game, most likely a path or door that will take you to the starting point but that is just my guess.

Ok first, based on the answers I've received to my questions the Title of this thread "The Vae Wood" is off topic lol.. this thread is about "South Saol Peninsula" I would not be against changing it if you would like to Kilsin.

So this Tower, as  a zone,  with an outside, with earth arround the base, and an incredible view out the windows, is intriguing.  That's not something I have seen before.

• 175 posts
    May 23, 2017 3:18 PM PDT

Zorkon said:

So this Tower, as  a zone,  with an outside, with earth arround the base, and an incredible view out the windows, is intriguing.  That's not something I have seen before.

Probably cause most "dungeons" are instanced in other games. Sounds somewhat similar to something like Crushbone where you had the tower inside the "dungeon" zone. Granted, this sounds much more intriguing and quite a bit bigger. Not only having to get out of the tower, but then make your way to the zone line with a hot train on your heels! Brad had mentioned in another thread how they're able to make much larger zones than in prior games. Glad to see them using this to the fullest extent. Love the idea and can't wait to experience it!

• 9115 posts
    May 23, 2017 4:34 PM PDT

jpedrote said:

Kilsin said:

Thank you Kilsin :), BTW any eta for the next stream? I need to see more XD.

You're welcome my friend, no ETA yet as we are now working hard towards getting the game ready for pre-alpha ;)

• 9115 posts
    May 23, 2017 4:37 PM PDT

Zorkon said:

Kilsin said:

Zorkon said:

Kilsin said:

jpedrote said:

@Kilsin

Ok first, based on the answers I've received to my questions the Title of this thread "The Vae Wood" is off topic lol.. this thread is about "South Saol Peninsula" I would not be against changing it if you would like to Kilsin.

Title changed to better suit the discussion for you :)

The tower is a zone, you are not meant to leave the tower or walk/run around on the ground below, the zone/tower is meant to be in the sky but there is more to the tower than we showed in the stream. The tower is split into different sections that players will have to navigate. :)

South Saol is the normal ground zone that the tower is located in.

I hope that makes more sense, sorry for the confusion :)

• 483 posts
    May 23, 2017 6:58 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

You're welcome my friend, no ETA yet as we are now working hard towards getting the game ready for pre-alpha ;)

Gotcha! pre-alpha first priority now :)

• 175 posts
    May 23, 2017 8:01 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

The tower is a zone, you are not meant to leave the tower or walk/run around on the ground below, the zone/tower is meant to be in the sky but there is more to the tower than we showed in the stream. The tower is split into different sections that players will have to navigate. :)

South Saol is the normal ground zone that the tower is located in.

I hope that makes more sense, sorry for the confusion :)

Yup... so more like Kurn's Tower (in idea, not size)... make sense. Still should be a total blast!

• 9115 posts
    May 23, 2017 10:40 PM PDT

jpedrote said:

Kilsin said:

Gotcha! pre-alpha first priority now :)

Yes, Sir :)