Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

I do miss Diplomacy.

• 844 posts
    May 20, 2017 11:20 PM PDT

Vanguard had a unique game feature called diplomacy. A third sphere to the gaming world next to crafting and adventuring.

It was cool to gain affinity with npc's in towns, do a little parley, and turn on a city-wide buff for everyone.

Diplomacy had many other aspects as well, but the buffs parley was a cool feature all could benefit from.

I do miss it. It was unique.

This post was edited by zewtastic at May 20, 2017 11:34 PM PDT
    • 24 posts
    May 20, 2017 11:36 PM PDT

I only played Vanguard for a short time, but i do have fond memories about the diplomacy. It was fun.

• 28 posts
    May 21, 2017 12:06 AM PDT

Diplomacy was a nice feature and you are right, it was unique. 

I'd love to see VR make something similar with their perception system.

• 9115 posts
    May 21, 2017 3:15 AM PDT

I miss it too but it isn't related to Pantheon in any way, so please be mindful of where you post off-topic threads in future. I have moved this to Off-Topic as it is better suited here.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at May 21, 2017 6:06 PM PDT
    • 56 posts
    May 21, 2017 8:26 AM PDT

Yes! Me too. That was a great aspect of Vanguard. 

• 384 posts
    May 21, 2017 8:27 AM PDT

I miss it too!! I'm hoping the perception system will kinda substitute for it.

• 3016 posts
    May 29, 2017 7:57 AM PDT

I loved diplomacy too.  :)

• 138 posts
    June 3, 2017 9:46 AM PDT
    I agree!! I really loved diplomacy! I would be lying if I said I had it fully figured out... but I really enjoyed trying!
    • 145 posts
    June 18, 2018 2:10 PM PDT

I thought Diplomacy was a beautiful addition to the game. Being able to pump buffs world wide for raid efforts. Not to mention the idea in and of itself was really cool. It also helped down the road with factioning in some areas in Vanguard which was very useful. It was always neat keeping an eye out for rare cards too. So many things about Diplomacy made the game more fun. I'd like to see it or something like it implemented in Pantheon as well.

• 81 posts
    June 23, 2018 6:00 PM PDT

Why miss it? The basic diplomacy is running on the Vanguard emulator server.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/845/vanguard-emulator is the thread where it's being discussed!

• 844 posts
    June 23, 2018 6:55 PM PDT

Because Diplomacy worked best in a fully developed, functioning game world.

Where you could turn on city buffs that raiders would tp from zone to zone to stack up buffs.

Buffs to help harvesting, buffs to help faction, buffs to help crafting and so on.

Turn off traps in Nusibe Necropolis with Diplomacy.

Get weird and interesting drops from difficult parleys with high level npc's.

Get unique quests from the gnomes in APW.

etc. etc.

• 81 posts
    June 23, 2018 7:03 PM PDT

Oh, I see. Yeah, I miss the crafting, but I also miss there being many players. The server's making progress, though. One day.

• June 26, 2018 6:46 PM PDT

I'm glad most of you enjoyed Vanguard diplomacy, for me, I just couldn't get into it. But it seemed like something that could have been great if more time could have been devoted to it. Even though a number of us early player testers had diplomacy cards sneakily named after our characters, I still never invested the effort to find mine. I really wanted to like it though.

• 1785 posts
    June 27, 2018 7:15 AM PDT

Diplomacy rocked :)