Forums » Support

Text Boxes On The Forums

• 19 posts
    May 15, 2017 8:06 AM PDT

For some reason, I have no idea why... When starting a new thread, and or replying/quoting to another it will not allow me to type into the "Post Text box" untill i mash Align left and right about a dozen times. The Line that blinks where your last character typed at just doesnt show up untill those buttons are pushed even if clicking into the box, and sometimes even if it is there I am unable to type untill i mash those buttons a few more times. This happens 100% of the time, I can type in topic titles and etc without issue.  It also occurs if I click anywhere outside of the box. Doesnt bother me, I did a search to see if there was another post about it and could not find one. So I thought I would make you aware of the problem.... Maybe no other posts cause they couldnt figure out how to actually get it working? Just making ya'll aware! 

Thanks, Oozu

• 1121 posts
    May 15, 2017 11:24 AM PDT

This may not help but the text box is big but only the top line of it when empty is clickable to start entering text, if you click the middle of the box it wont register it.

This post was edited by Rachael at May 15, 2017 11:27 AM PDT
    • 8703 posts
    May 15, 2017 11:28 PM PDT

Rachael said:

This may not help but the text box is big but only the top line of it when empty is clickable to start entering text, if you click the middle of the box it wont register it.

Yeah, these forums are not the best, we can;t wait to move to the new ones!

As Rachael kindly pointed out, clicking your mouse in the top line 1-2 times will start the cursor flashing where it needs to be if it doesn't appear there for you :)