Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Death penalty/Level loss

This topic has been closed.
    • 94 posts
    May 7, 2017 5:20 PM PDT

I was a beta tester for the original EQ and loved the game as it was which included losing your level if you died. On the stream one thing I heard Brad say was that they are leaning towards not losing your level when you die. That to me was one of the things that started the downfall of the genre and that started with DAOC. Losing your level made it even more of a reason to not zerg mobs etc. You always wanted that buffer just in case you died to a train or just a stupid mistake like accidentally attacking your trainer. At the end of it all once you made 50th you felt you had really achieved something with all we had to go thru to get there including losing levels. It just seems like if they want to keep it like it was you will keep the death penalty the way it was including losing your level.

ps Just my personal opinion and believe me, regardless of which way it ends up going, I will still be playing this game as nothing out there looks to be even close in terms of what I want in a game.

• 2752 posts
    May 7, 2017 5:23 PM PDT

We have a 20 page discussion going on this topic here: http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2087/let-s-talk-death-penalty

• 187 posts
    May 7, 2017 5:32 PM PDT

Rest in peace post. Your life was short lived... Kilsin! I summon thee! Lock this thread down with the might of your moderation prowess!

Welcome to the forums sunstalkr! <3

• 3852 posts
    May 7, 2017 6:08 PM PDT

((Casts resurrect on post))

((post groggily comes back to life, but is 10 posts lower on the page, and this puts it near the bottom of the previous page))

There!!!! Your character may never lose a level because of dying but your post just did - sorry best I can do!

• 94 posts
    May 7, 2017 6:39 PM PDT

Sorry I didnt see the other thread since the last post was May 3rd BUT I did go to the link provided by Iksar. Thank you Iksar.

Syntro, thanks I think. heh

Dorotea have a good one and thank you for your reply.

• 9115 posts
    May 7, 2017 7:32 PM PDT

Iksar said:

We have a 20 page discussion going on this topic here: http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2087/let-s-talk-death-penalty

Thank you, Iksar :)