Forums » The Dwarves

Headbutt!

• 82 posts
    May 5, 2017 5:50 PM PDT

I've seen kicking by non monks in a few streams now, much like EQ.  I would suggest that dwarves instead headbutt. I remember kicking avatar of war in the toes, when I could at least have headbutted him in the ankle lol.

• 110 posts
    May 6, 2017 2:24 AM PDT

I really like this. Maybe we could remove the old Punch and Kick attacks and make a new attack that is called Assault. Assault would do a race and class check. Depending on race and class, the animation would be a headbutt, kick or punch.

• 4419 posts
    May 7, 2017 9:45 AM PDT

That's really interesting. I don't think I've ever seen an MMO with a headbutt animation. As a dwarf, I would love to be able to do that. I can imagine it acting as a stun or knockback ability. And the higher your skill is in it, the less chance you have of damaging or stunning yourself.

The only problem is that we'd probably be too short to properly headbutt someone else in the head :P

• 82 posts
    May 7, 2017 7:03 PM PDT

Aye, but we could sure smash in some shins/ankles!

• 500 posts
    June 4, 2017 9:11 PM PDT

Kicking vs Headbut 

The first thing I think of is having to close the distance to execute a headbut while a kick is more like a 'ranged' weapon. This also opens up the floodgates. If we let the Dwarves get a headbut then the Ogres would want a double-handed smash and the so on and so forth. 

-Todd

• 67 posts
    February 21, 2018 12:50 PM PST

That seems like a pretty neat dynamic. I mean, you would be making the Dwarf Headbutt animation instead of the Dwarf Kick animation, and the Ogre Slam would be instead of an Ogre Kick. It might be slightly more complicated, but I don't think it would be a much more difficult task unless the Dwarf Kick and Ogre Kick animations were already finished (they probably are.)