Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Will there be EU server(s) ? Languages patches ?

This topic has been closed.
    • 129 posts
    May 4, 2017 1:35 AM PDT

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked/answered, if that is the case, please link/quote and close this thread (and spank me for not finding the info).

Back in the old EQ days, it was totally fine to play from Europe on a US server, as EQ wasn't a ping-demanding game.

But maybe Pantheon will require a better ping, I dunno.

As for Language patches (German, French, Spanish, Italian,...), I hope not.

Wait, I don't mean to be rude, I'm french, but I really do not want a french version of the game, for the following reasons :

-English is pretty common.

Everybody learns it very early at school nowadays, and it shouldn't be a huge issue for anyone (anyone can google translate, and people can join language-locked guilds too, if they really dont want to speak english).

-Time. If the dev teams need to translate EVERY UPDATE into 4+ other languages, it takes additionnal work and time because additionnal quality check, additionnal data to encode, etc. Meaning it will delay game updates and future developments, which is something I've seen in other games, and I really don't want to see in Pantheon.

Updates must flow as soon as possible. Multiplying clients will multiply issues.

One single english client for everyone and we will be fine.

-Translations... I've seen it in many games, very often, translations kill the lore. Everytime names that sound like title/nickname (such as Dawnchaser, Lightbringer, etc) get translated, it's a lore massacre. Please don't.

etc.

• 32 posts
    May 4, 2017 1:55 AM PDT

i think in the stream they said that the way they are set up , they have no need to make a eu/na servers

• 9115 posts
    May 4, 2017 3:21 AM PDT

bobwinner said:

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked/answered, if that is the case, please link/quote and close this thread (and spank me for not finding the info).

Back in the old EQ days, it was totally fine to play from Europe on a US server, as EQ wasn't a ping-demanding game.

But maybe Pantheon will require a better ping, I dunno.

As for Language patches (German, French, Spanish, Italian,...), I hope not.

Wait, I don't mean to be rude, I'm french, but I really do not want a french version of the game, for the following reasons :

-English is pretty common.

Everybody learns it very early at school nowadays, and it shouldn't be a huge issue for anyone (anyone can google translate, and people can join language-locked guilds too, if they really dont want to speak english).

-Time. If the dev teams need to translate EVERY UPDATE into 4+ other languages, it takes additionnal work and time because additionnal quality check, additionnal data to encode, etc. Meaning it will delay game updates and future developments, which is something I've seen in other games, and I really don't want to see in Pantheon.

Updates must flow as soon as possible. Multiplying clients will multiply issues.

One single english client for everyone and we will be fine.

-Translations... I've seen it in many games, very often, translations kill the lore. Everytime names that sound like title/nickname (such as Dawnchaser, Lightbringer, etc) get translated, it's a lore massacre. Please don't.

etc.

We actually answer this in our FAQ my friend, I will link it below and I will have to close this as it has been asked before, I hope this helps answer your question, though :)