Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Monsters with loot you can see

• 1 posts
    May 2, 2017 4:40 PM PDT

One of the best things about EQ was that when the npc you were camping spawned with an item you could usually see it. Remember seeing the seb guardian weilding a lamentation and being excited because you knew that drop you wanted was right before your eyes! This is one of my fondest memories from EQ, please tell me you will have this in Pantheon!

• 4 posts
    May 2, 2017 4:54 PM PDT

Or how about seeing your Short Sword of Ykesha!

• 2138 posts
    May 2, 2017 5:50 PM PDT

Pyzin's glowing hand!

• 74 posts
    May 2, 2017 5:53 PM PDT
    I agree. I would like to see this in Pantheon as well.
    • 2419 posts
    May 2, 2017 6:18 PM PDT

grumpyleaf said:

One of the best things about EQ was that when the npc you were camping spawned with an item you could usually see it. Remember seeing the seb guardian weilding a lamentation and being excited because you knew that drop you wanted was right before your eyes! This is one of my fondest memories from EQ, please tell me you will have this in Pantheon!

So every time a Goblin drops A Moldy Boot, we should see one it one of its feet.  I hope this does not apply to a goblin's loincloth..they can keep those.  I don't need it.

• 9115 posts
    May 2, 2017 11:09 PM PDT

grumpyleaf said:

We have discussed this previously and Brad has said for some mobs, this would be the case. :)

• 123 posts
    May 3, 2017 1:34 AM PDT

This was really a nice feature of EQ, I can't remember of another game in which it was implemented. If I well remember it was only existing on some named and only handheld items, could it be extended to some other slots ? For example a crown on the head for king or queen bosses ?

• 119 posts
    May 3, 2017 7:14 AM PDT

i'm pretty sure vanilla EQ had it for all weapons (but not other items) on all mobs. it's something i really miss in later expansions and other games. one problem i see is for creatures that may drop more than one weapon at the same time.

• 2752 posts
    May 3, 2017 9:12 AM PDT

Khendall said:

This was really a nice feature of EQ, I can't remember of another game in which it was implemented. If I well remember it was only existing on some named and only handheld items, could it be extended to some other slots ? For example a crown on the head for king or queen bosses ?

Visually, it would likely only be represented in weapons. If they did armors too then they would have to make the armor models for all the different humanoids, but the armor stats will still work for the mobs. So if they have a piece of armor with haste then they will attack faster than usual. 

• 542 posts
    May 3, 2017 9:16 AM PDT

I like it

is often seen in adventure games

When an item is special it is like it deserves some kind of introduction ,like the Lady of the lake handing Excalibur

• 249 posts
    May 3, 2017 10:08 AM PDT

Lammy? I was happy to see a cracked staff on a skellie :p

• 24 posts
    May 3, 2017 10:09 AM PDT
    This is something that is so overlooked with all modern MMOs for some reason. It's such a cool, minor detail that adds so much to the game. Its good to hear that Brad is doing this. Even if its just to the extent of EQ1 with only weapons, I'm still excited for it.
    • 513 posts
    May 3, 2017 10:18 AM PDT

Great!  Does this mean I can kill a dwarf with a mowhawk and wear his scalp as a hat?

• 24 posts
    May 3, 2017 10:24 AM PDT

Nephretiti said:

Great!  Does this mean I can kill a dwarf with a mowhawk and wear his scalp as a hat?

I'm not sure this is how it works, but I like where your heads at! I wonder if the devs still need ideas for the Skar's racial ability...

• 521 posts
    August 27, 2019 8:33 PM PDT

I’m glad to see this, I’ve always found it frustrating to kill a mob wielding a great looking weapon that doesn't drop, and gives me some trash item.

• 49 posts
    August 28, 2019 2:17 AM PDT

They deff plan to implement this, as well as armor in a similiar way.  Basically if the humonoid mob is in plate, then those mobs have a chance to drop a piece of plate which is awesome.  Probably can wear some armors that dont fit humonoid mobs.

Also dont mind if dragons or monsters drop a breastplate as you can imagine that you took it from his hoard, or else it seems wierd to loot a sweet BP off a creature with no humanoid torso.

• 346 posts
    August 28, 2019 6:36 AM PDT

HemlockReaper said:

I’m glad to see this, I’ve always found it frustrating to kill a mob wielding a great looking weapon that doesn't drop, and gives me some trash item.

Yeah. If a mob has no weapon on them they shouldn't be wielding it. If wielding a weapon, they should drop rusty, tarnished or fine steel variants. If that weapon happens to be a special weapon, the primary hand will favor that and you'll see it in their main hand. It made things feel more realistic if that's possible in an MMORPG.

• 3852 posts
    August 28, 2019 8:02 AM PDT

If those goblins drop their loincloths and we get to see *everything* this could get very interesting. A bit disgusting too.

• 346 posts
    August 28, 2019 9:42 AM PDT

dorotea said:

If those goblins drop their loincloths and we get to see *everything* this could get very interesting. A bit disgusting too.

It could be worse. I'm not sure if you played EQ and/or remember Venril Sathir. Floating there with his robe opened, flashing us. It was completely inappropriate. 

• 193 posts
    August 28, 2019 12:38 PM PDT

polished granite tomahawk from highpass~

• 114 posts
    August 28, 2019 4:26 PM PDT

haha how about loading up orcs with thousands of copper.

oh ... the good times.

• 1714 posts
    August 28, 2019 6:02 PM PDT

dorotea said:

Ever play age of conan?

• 888 posts
    August 29, 2019 2:37 PM PDT

I really hope that loot isn't only visually represented, but actually equipped by the mob. The fight should be harder if they have good loot because they're using good equipment.

• 346 posts
    August 29, 2019 6:33 PM PDT

Counterfleche said:

I really hope that loot isn't only visually represented, but actually equipped by the mob. The fight should be harder if they have good loot because they're using good equipment.

I can see it now using Everquest as an example. An Evil Eye in Lower Guk begins to use the Manastone mid fight and ends up doing the work for the group ultimately not paying attention and killing itself. Group goes to loot Manastone thinking to themselves, "Well, that was easy".

This post was edited by Janus at August 29, 2019 6:34 PM PDT