Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Will there be a "Purple Club"?

• 74 posts
    May 2, 2017 1:24 PM PDT

I was wondering if there would be a small reserve of health in which a character could survive once being knocked out in combat like in EQ1? We called it purple club because your health would go into that purple bar of very limited health in which you would be incapacitated and still get healed to stand you back up.

Some of my most hilarious EQ memories come from allowing my brother as an SK to fall to the ground with a well timed heal.

• 633 posts
    May 2, 2017 1:37 PM PDT

I loved the purple club  :)

• 8 posts
    May 2, 2017 1:41 PM PDT

Pain and suffering tries to hit YOU, but misses!

• 182 posts
    May 2, 2017 1:47 PM PDT

As in, unconscious?

• 15 posts
    May 2, 2017 1:49 PM PDT

To add to this, I kind of feel like the HP regeneration in and out of combat that ive seen so far is really fast. Even if there was a "purple club" it would last only like 1 second.

• 279 posts
    May 2, 2017 1:51 PM PDT

zippyzee said:

As in, unconscious?

Not to speak for the OP, but yes.

• 74 posts
    May 2, 2017 2:04 PM PDT

^ Yep, unconscious.

• VR Staff
    • 176 posts
    May 2, 2017 2:39 PM PDT

As a healer, I will make sure we have a "purple club" in Pantheon :)

• 138 posts
    May 2, 2017 2:43 PM PDT

Joppa said:

Great news Joppa :)

• 74 posts
    May 2, 2017 3:18 PM PDT

Joppa said:

Thanks Buddy!

• 318 posts
    May 2, 2017 3:58 PM PDT

Joppa said:

+1 Great to hear!

• 279 posts
    May 2, 2017 4:10 PM PDT

Joppa said:

How else would you know a heal was perfectly timed ; )

• 542 posts
    May 2, 2017 4:27 PM PDT

An unconscious stage makes a lot of sense
    Maybe the impact of a hit could affect how much time group members have for attempts to attend to your wounds.

A fatal one-hit like has been seen in the stream for Zynxs would provide a bigger purple hp bar while unconscious
    Purple hp would degenerate and when left unattended the character would still die.
    The more purple hp,the longer a group has before a character dies
    If ,on the other hand, the HP bar of a character has been under extreme stress by soaking up all the blows,
    the purple hp available would be very little,as the character would be so drained it would be a relatively easy kill.

This way players have to consider their role and how much they allow to stress the body of their character.
    While being mindful ,making tactful difficult decisions when to go for the kill and when to take time to save their fellow group member(s)
    Also providing players who have been taken out before they could blink a chance to get in the fight again ,if their team is mindful enough

This post was edited by Fluffy at May 2, 2017 4:31 PM PDT
    • 2419 posts
    May 2, 2017 6:42 PM PDT

Although I had some fun with my Troll Shaman putting myself into the purple to see how long she could stay here with just her base racial regen, for like 99% of the game those few HP below zero were meaningless. I would not want to see that 'buffer' being anything even close to being a significant amount because that just makes the game even more easier.  Learn to play with the HP you have above zero and not keeping in the back of your head 'oh, but I've got X amount below 0 to save me'.

• 1618 posts
    May 2, 2017 6:47 PM PDT

As a tank, I join the purple club every time my wife sees a shiny or harvest node.

• 61 posts
    May 2, 2017 7:35 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

Although I had some fun with my Troll Shaman putting myself into the purple to see how long she could stay here with just her base racial regen, for like 99% of the game those few HP below zero were meaningless. I would not want to see that 'buffer' being anything even close to being a significant amount because that just makes the game even more easier.  Learn to play with the HP you have above zero and not keeping in the back of your head 'oh, but I've got X amount below 0 to save me'.

If i am not mistaken, that buffer was 10hps back in EQ. So 10 hps isnt gona be a catch all. It's just a rare but fun occurence.

• 9115 posts
    May 2, 2017 11:16 PM PDT

Joppa said:

Lol :P

• 4 posts
    May 21, 2017 2:26 PM PDT

Joppa said:

Hug Joppa

• 13 posts
    May 24, 2017 11:40 PM PDT

Joppa said:

You are my hero!

• 8 posts
    October 18, 2018 2:59 PM PDT

One of my fondest memories in EQ, PoP raid, one of my favorite Enchy's was mezzing adds as we cleared, and of course someone had to break the mez.  Mob ran to enchy and swung just as i got a heal off...first time i had ever inducted an Enchy into purple club.  Us cleric would get bored on flagging runs, so to amuse ourselves, we'd play "purple club poker".  see who got the best "hand" of classes in the purple club during the evening.

• 3852 posts
    October 18, 2018 3:41 PM PDT

As I recall Dungeons & Dragons allowed you to survive with your health below 0. But if it hit -10 you were gone, and it went down by one point per minute as long as you weren't stabilized in some manner.

I've never heard the term purple club before I saw this post.

Come to think of it this thread was dead for almost a year and a half before Aenau resurrected it so maybe this is a purple thread?

• 2752 posts
    October 18, 2018 4:20 PM PDT

Joppa said:

It really was an exciting feature in EQ, even if it was very rare to take just enough damage to put a player between life and death but not kill them. Glad to see it might/will return!

• 839 posts
    October 18, 2018 6:42 PM PDT

That moment while lying unconcious, hoping that a heal is going to land soon and the next hit from the mob.... MISSES!! woohoo! :)

• 438 posts
    October 18, 2018 6:52 PM PDT
    Yea dude it was definitely exciting. Especially when you just dinged
    • 646 posts
    October 18, 2018 9:14 PM PDT

Never heard the phrase "purple club" - I presume this is like the downed state in GW2?