Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Channeling

• 67 posts
    April 30, 2017 11:05 PM PDT

Will it be included? Learned skill to continue casting while being hit

• 1584 posts
    April 30, 2017 11:10 PM PDT

I'm sure it will be, simply becuase i don't see anything wrong with it, plus if it didnt than once a mob gets close to a caster they might as well call it game over if they had no chance to cast a spell simply becuase they were getting hit if they were soloing

• 3852 posts
    May 1, 2017 7:23 AM PDT

Not necessarily learned skill, however. Some abilities can be interrupted some abilities cannot be interrupted - it varies by the ability. At least that is how it usually works in MMOs.

For those that can be interrupted there are often ways to reduce or prevent this effect and these may indeed include learned skills.

• 32 posts
    May 1, 2017 7:33 AM PDT

gate collapse at the wrong time !

• 67 posts
    May 1, 2017 7:37 AM PDT

In EQ, channeling for a caster was a skill you learned like everything else. Hehe ya..or evac got interrupted because of being hit

• 32 posts
    May 1, 2017 8:01 AM PDT

Morguen said:

In EQ, channeling for a caster was a skill you learned like everything else. Hehe ya..or evac got interrupted because of being hit

I love when u evac a group and 2 get left behind as food.Or you evac group they all get left behind but you ,and they start cussing at you for using a single evac :)

• 422 posts
    May 1, 2017 9:00 AM PDT

EnlightenedGuru said:

Morguen said:

I love when u evac a group and 2 get left behind as food.Or you evac group they all get left behind but you ,and they start cussing at you for using a single evac :)

Such good times... :)

I would bet everything on "channeling" being a trainable skill in the game as much as 1hs and other weapon skills. As Cohh mentioned in the stream his character couldn't hit anything because he was still skilling up. I thinks its a safe bet we will see the various spell school skills along with channeling just ike we saw in EQ (maybe Vanguard too? I honestly don't remember and didn't get to play that game much at all)