Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Cash on Delivery

• 67 posts
    April 30, 2017 10:55 PM PDT

In Vanguard we had the option „Cash on Delivery“ via the mail system. That was awesome for trading with unknowns. Could u pls add this in Pantheon? Thx in advance! /bow

• 1584 posts
    April 30, 2017 11:13 PM PDT

Hmm this might be going against what a lot of people are wanting, they want to talk/haggle and do dealing face to face, barter system which in the end dealt with face to face at the end, I'm not totally against it though, i just know a lot of people might have a problem with this.

• 67 posts
    April 30, 2017 11:18 PM PDT

Of course u has to communicate first. This was only an alternate system after the negotiations between the traders was settled.

• 1584 posts
    April 30, 2017 11:32 PM PDT

Zazazuu said:

Of course u has to communicate first. This was only an alternate system after the negotiations between the traders was settled.

Right but the main part wa the transaction of seeing them face to face, instead of just being like ok we got a deal ill send it through my mail to you and you click accept and give me money, like i said i don't really care how it is done, i'm just saying some people will, there isn't really a right answer to this becuase 50% will agree with you and the other 50% won't when it comes to this system, like everything else it was it pros and its cons and no matter what that will always remain the same.

This post was edited by Cealtric at April 30, 2017 11:32 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    May 1, 2017 3:34 AM PDT

We can have a look at this, but anything like this would be much later in development, for now, we need to focus on the big stuff and getting into testing. :)

• 1095 posts
    May 1, 2017 6:22 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

We can have a look at this, but anything like this would be much later in development, for now, we need to focus on the big stuff and getting into testing. :)

Yes, yes indeed. lol

• 3852 posts
    May 1, 2017 7:09 AM PDT

Limiting trading to face-to-face would be a disaster. A relatively small number of EQ players would get a kick from the nostalgia. A larger number would be horrified that they had no choice but a bazaar approach, which most people do not like. Everyone else - and the game will prosper by extending its reach way beyond former EQ players - will be totally baffled that they can't sell some stinking low value item in a less annoying and time-consuming manner.

>a lot of people are wanting, they want to talk/haggle and do dealing face to face, barter system<

I would be totally shocked if "a lot of people" turned out to be more than a relative handful of people, and a small minority even on these forums.  There are ways to facilitate people that WANT this to be able to do it (see other threads on the topic) but forcing people that DON'T want to do it to do it anyway isn't a good move.

• 7 posts
    May 1, 2017 6:21 PM PDT
    +1 COD. Personally I just don't have to time to haggle and then meet and greet. As mentioned, in Vanguard, I could link my item for sale in chat, pm's would come in, we would settle on a price and then COD into the nearest mailbox. Thought that was pretty streamlined. Agreed though if I was in the same zone I could meet to trade but frankly waiting/time is not progressing. I would be questing/harvesting/etc while multitasking the sale. Efficiency to me, personally (limited time as a casual), was much more rewarding than the social trade aspect. Granted I see the need for both so maybe both options exist, bazaar + cod.
    Anyways +2 to alpha work
    • 1618 posts
    May 1, 2017 6:31 PM PDT

I prefer Orange Roughy over COD. Or, a good tilapia.

• 3016 posts
    May 1, 2017 6:35 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Absolutely!  lol

• 4 posts
    May 1, 2017 6:55 PM PDT
    What about something similar to the way you can make contracts in Eve? Players doing deliveries.
    • 85 posts
    May 2, 2017 5:39 PM PDT

If you add COD put a timer on it. Like 24 hours then it's sent back to the seller if the buyer ignores it. I think in VG someone would hold off paying for the COD and let it sit in the mail box dont want to see that happen.

• 9115 posts
    May 2, 2017 11:09 PM PDT

Azraell said:

If you add COD put a timer on it. Like 24 hours then it's sent back to the seller if the buyer ignores it. I think in VG someone would hold off paying for the COD and let it sit in the mail box dont want to see that happen.

Yeah Az, VG had this, auto bounce back if the recipient didn't claim it/read it/accept it but you still got charged a small (depending on how expensive the item/plat value was) mailing fee which was fair.