Forums » Pantheon Races

Races - Think out of the box

• 129 posts
    April 30, 2017 10:23 PM PDT

MMOs have used and overused too many "typical" races.

Let our imagination go wild and start thinking about stuff that could be fun to play, shall we ?

Here's some ideas :

-Ethereal : visually ghost-ish (transparent)

-Elemental : air, earth, water, fire (eventually metal, blood, lightning, wood,...)

-Imp (not Tyrion), tiny devil

-Insect type humanoid

-Beholder (flying eye), would be caster only

-Blob/ooze, ewww

Let me see your funny ideas :)

• 780 posts
    May 1, 2017 4:12 AM PDT

Well, we've already got your first two examples in the game with Gnomes and Archai.

EDIT:  I'd like to see a tiny race like EverQuest brownies.  That would be sweet.

This post was edited by Shucklighter at May 1, 2017 4:13 AM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    May 1, 2017 6:36 AM PDT

Shucklighter said:

Well, we've already got your first two examples in the game with Gnomes and Archai.

EDIT:  I'd like to see a tiny race like EverQuest brownies.  That would be sweet.

Personally, I think the Skar could be considered an insect-like humanoid too.

But I'd always like to see a bird-man race.

• 1778 posts
    May 1, 2017 9:16 AM PDT

Bird Bards!!!!!!

(pay no attention to my avatar, there is no bias at all)

• 422 posts
    May 1, 2017 12:11 PM PDT

I'd like to see those Bird men expanded out to general humanoid animals. Canine, feline, ursine, bovine, equestrian, avian, reptilian.... Gives a lot of options for character creation and would grab them all at once. One group is going to want birds, some cats, etc... just go all in with it.

A fairy or brownie race might be cool too, but i'd like to see them a bit bigger than traditional brownies and fairies... i mean.. how much of a warrior can a 16 inch tall brownie be?

One thing you need to keep in mind is that we need to think about how the race fits into cass lore.

How is an ooze/blob going to be anything other than a blob? What class could they possibly be? How would a mindless "thing" become intelligent?

Half-orcs... 

Take one from GW2 and make a race of genderless plant people. I don't know why but I always liked that concept.

Dragonkin, since much of the lore revolves around dragons..... might be kinda cool. Not half dragon as in half man half lizard, but a humanoid race that came from a sect of dragons that were turned into humans but retain some of their dragon abilities.... something along those lines.

• 208 posts
    May 1, 2017 1:02 PM PDT

I am looking forward to minotaurs or something along those lines.  I also like the idea of Snakemen but something different/unique about them that not many focus on. I also would like to see a spiderlike race.  Not a drider from Forgotten realms but somekind of arachnid race maybe scorprion...

• 2886 posts
    May 1, 2017 1:53 PM PDT

I would totally play a Centaur if it was a playable race.

• 1618 posts
    May 1, 2017 3:35 PM PDT

Gnolls! Enough of these damn cat races.

• 21 posts
    May 5, 2017 1:35 PM PDT

I am on the goat, minotaur, satyr race bandwagon!