Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Wind acclimation

• 633 posts
    April 30, 2017 11:43 AM PDT

So I was noticing that when presenting the wind shear on the stream, there was no actual wind shear.  It was mainly wind drag.  The character's movement was being impeded by the wind, not being blown around by it, which would be caused by wind shear.  I was wondering if that's just because it's not been fully implemented yet, or if the purpose of it is to mainly slow down the character?  Can we expect to see wind blowing the characters around and being buffeted by wind forces from the sides when they're walking into the wind.

As an example, imagine if the character was trying to cross the bridge.  He's encountering drag from the wind (slowing his movement), but occasionally he encounters wind shear, which forces him to the side, possibly knocking him off the bridge.

• 238 posts
    April 30, 2017 11:50 AM PDT

In the steam the wind was only going one direction so it’s possible that if you were on top of a mountain it might act differently when it could be multi directional. Also not sure if he jumped at all while in the wind to see if it carried him back at all.

• 2886 posts
    April 30, 2017 1:40 PM PDT

Yeah the wind was only blowing in one direction since it was like a tunnel. And since it was in his face, that backward movement was canceling out his forward movement. You can see that when Cohh briefly stopped before turning around, he got pushed back by the wind a little bit without him doing anything. And when he was running away, with the wind at his back, it looks like it was actually pushing him, causing him to be able to run a little bit faster than if the wind was not behind him. I imagine we will see some areas that have crosswinds or winds that change direction dynamically. I can also only imagine that Windshear infusions will somehow allow you to be unaffected by the wind, so you can stand still in strong winds.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at April 30, 2017 1:41 PM PDT
    • 1404 posts
    April 30, 2017 9:01 PM PDT

Xonth said:

In the steam the wind was only going one direction so it’s possible that if you were on top of a mountain it might act differently when it could be multi directional. Also not sure if he jumped at all while in the wind to see if it carried him back at all.

Just to note, while reviewing the video to see what Bazgrim was refering too, I noticed they had six Climates  

Frigid, Scorching, Toxic, Pressure, Windshear, and Anaerobic

In this vid they're demonstrating Frigid. It looks as if they may have something else planned for Windshear.

edit: and now I see Baz mentions exactly that at the end of his post.

This post was edited by Zorkon at April 30, 2017 9:10 PM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    May 1, 2017 6:13 AM PDT

Zorkon said:

Xonth said:

Just to note, while reviewing the video to see what Bazgrim was refering too, I noticed they had six Climates  

Frigid, Scorching, Toxic, Pressure, Windshear, and Anaerobic

In this vid they're demonstrating Frigid. It looks as if they may have something else planned for Windshear.

edit: and now I see Baz mentions exactly that at the end of his post.

I think the climate in the stream was technically both Frigid and Windshear (one of those combo climates they were talking about), although they didn't specify. But I think the point was to highlight the Frigid aspect of it. (It also shows how Infusions can help with a climate, but you will need to mix-and-match to deal with multiple climates at once.) All I'm say is that being slowed when running face-first into wind is probably one quality of Windshear climates, but I'm assuming that there is more to it than just pushing you in one direction. The stream example was pretty simple as it was basically just a tunnel and there was nowhere else for the Windshear to go.

• 74 posts
    May 1, 2017 2:45 PM PDT

Losing HP is cool. Possibly getting knocked over and falling 1000ft to your death is cooler.

edit: a word

This post was edited by ghost7 at May 1, 2017 2:46 PM PDT