Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

/consent group /consent raid option

• 213 posts
    April 30, 2017 9:16 AM PDT

I'm sure most of you remember being in a group in a raid waiting on a few people to /consent you and it slowing down your progress.  Sometimes this was due to someone's name being extraordinarily long or being spelt a weird way, I think a simpler way to deal with this would be /consent group or /consent raid.  I'm not saying we should get rid of /consent name just having a few more consent options might be handy.   This always seemed like an endless source of frustration for raid and party leaders when trying to keep things organized.   What do you guys think? 

• 3237 posts
    April 30, 2017 9:19 AM PDT

Sounds good to me!  Good idea.

• 1095 posts
    April 30, 2017 9:19 AM PDT

This is a thing in Everquest, its in the options menu so, I'm sure they will add it in. I don't see a reason for not having it.

• 213 posts
    April 30, 2017 9:25 AM PDT

Really?  I don't remember that.  I guess they could have added it after I stopped playing.  :)

• 1095 posts
    April 30, 2017 9:33 AM PDT

Gamerchick said:

Really?  I don't remember that.  I guess they could have added it after I stopped playing.  :)

Most likely. It's there now.

• 9115 posts
    April 30, 2017 6:11 PM PDT

We had this option in VG too, so you can bet that we will have some version of it in Pantheon for raiding if we allow corpse drag ;)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at May 1, 2017 3:30 AM PDT
    • 2419 posts
    April 30, 2017 7:32 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

We had this option in VG too, so you can bet that we will have some version of it in Pantheon for raiding is we allow corpse drag ;)

If at all possible, having the dragging of a corpse affect the movement speed of the person dragging.  Ogre dragging a gnome?  Slight speed reduction.  Gnome dragging an Ogre?  Gonna be really slow.  Hopefully he wont be dragging it up any stairs.

On a more serious note though regarding corpse dragging, what about NPC reactions to seeing a corpse just moving all by itself?  That has got to have some effect wouldn't you think?  I mean here you are, some gobln guard that just killed a group of invading adventurers, standing around congratulating your fellow goblins on a hard won victory when suddenly one of the corpse just starts moving across the floor and out the door.  Are you telling me you wouldn't be the least bit curious?

Yeah, I know..players need some means of recovery that doesn't always involve going back to the zone in.  It just has always bothered me a bit.

• 393 posts
    April 30, 2017 7:54 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

Kilsin said:

We had this option in VG too, so you can bet that we will have some version of it in Pantheon for raiding is we allow corpse drag ;)

If at all possible, having the dragging of a corpse affect the movement speed of the person dragging.  Ogre dragging a gnome?  Slight speed reduction.  Gnome dragging an Ogre?  Gonna be really slow.  Hopefully he wont be dragging it up any stairs.

On a more serious note though regarding corpse dragging, what about NPC reactions to seeing a corpse just moving all by itself?  That has got to have some effect wouldn't you think?  I mean here you are, some gobln guard that just killed a group of invading adventurers, standing around congratulating your fellow goblins on a hard won victory when suddenly one of the corpse just starts moving across the floor and out the door.  Are you telling me you wouldn't be the least bit curious?

Yeah, I know..players need some means of recovery that doesn't always involve going back to the zone in.  It just has always bothered me a bit.

No. Over a mountain and through the woods.

• 1584 posts
    April 30, 2017 10:26 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

Kilsin said:

This is a good point i know in certain zones (Remember ToV) the only class that could really effectively drag corpses were monks due to them instantly aggroing you even if your were an "ally" of theirs just becuase it was a mechanic they had in place to where you couldn't easily get corpses put together to start rezzing, which was another reaosn you didn't want to wipe in ToV sometimes it was simply a nightmare getting your corpse back.  But, it was a great idea and i can see them using this again in certain zone I'd be guessing higher lvl zones and probably raid/ mini bosses rooms are such like this.

• 67 posts
    April 30, 2017 10:30 PM PDT

Oh yes, we had it in VG. And it is a wonderful memory :)

• 9115 posts
    May 1, 2017 3:32 AM PDT

Vandraad said:

Kilsin said:

It is something we can consider and get feedback on during testing, but corpse drag will most likely be very short distance and not something that can be abused/exploited to drag people around and rez at bosses etc.

• 3 posts
    May 1, 2017 4:53 AM PDT

Glad to see /consent coming back in some form - limited drag for anti-cheese purposes is a good thing, IMO.  The only concern would be getting caught with repops between your group and your group's corpses on a long dungeon clear; as long as we have a means of summoning our corpse to the respawn point, that's not a problem.

• 801 posts
    May 1, 2017 5:12 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

We had this option in VG too, so you can bet that we will have some version of it in Pantheon for raiding if we allow corpse drag ;)

This option is very important, dragging short distances. I shouldnt have to argue how important now a days.

Do clerics get FD now?? hehe

• 32 posts
    May 1, 2017 5:24 AM PDT

nothing like watching a rog drag 30 corpses at once :)

• 28 posts
    May 1, 2017 6:05 AM PDT

Gamerchick said:

I'm sure most of you remember being in a group in a raid waiting on a few people to /consent you and it slowing down your progress.  Sometimes this was due to someone's name being extraordinarily long or being spelt a weird way, I think a simpler way to deal with this would be /consent group or /consent raid.  I'm not saying we should get rid of /consent name just having a few more consent options might be handy.   This always seemed like an endless source of frustration for raid and party leaders when trying to keep things organized.   What do you guys think? 

"/consent group" and "/consent raid" would really be a nice option. However, to be honest, I would rather have people with easy names playing this game than "Legolllllllllas"s and "Illilililililixxzxzxz"s 

• 1095 posts
    May 1, 2017 6:21 AM PDT

HaskarMadnome said:

"/consent group" and "/consent raid" would really be a nice option. However, to be honest, I would rather have people with easy names playing this game than "Legolllllllllas"s and "Illilililililixxzxzxz"s 

I woun't even attempt to type that, leave them where they lay.