Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

About the Guide program

This topic has been closed.
    • 1 posts
    April 30, 2017 8:27 AM PDT

I have searched out all the posts on this and have yet to see the information Im looking for...

Will the guide program go back to it's original build in EQ1, where the guides actually helped not just the players but the server as well?

i.e.

Name approval, helping characters get unstuck, disciplinary actions, taking part in epic quest (I loved being the daughter of Innouruk), Senior Guides, etc.

Or has this even really been adressed yet?

It was really cool hanging out in Plane of Air with the GM answering questions, porting to the rescue and reviewing names to weed out the ridicolous names kewldoodz happen to come up with.  Just wondering if this system will be as robust or if it will be as the latter days of EQ1.

• 3852 posts
    April 30, 2017 9:05 AM PDT

The trouble with giving too much power to guides is that now and then you will get one that you never should have given the position to. Such a person can do a lot of damage.

The trouble with giving too little is that they aren't very useful. As in EQ2 where occasionally a guide will run a fairly short quest for a fairly useless reward or give out collectibles.

Perhaps the decision on how to handle this will be tied to population and availability of official VR personnel. If population is small they can handle guide-type functions themselves without spending huge amounts of time Let us all hope this proves NOT to be the case but it implies they may not make any final decisions until fairly late in the process when they have more information.

• 9115 posts
    April 30, 2017 6:04 PM PDT

This is a program that I am leading up and it is too early to give public information out as it is still in internal building mode, it will be a mix of EQ/VG with a lot of lessons learned and new features to help us, I will release more details on it later as we move into testing and I am able to get the program to a point where we can start taking public applications.

I will have to close this as there are already several active discussions available to join.