Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Brad's Green Pimp Daddy Armor

• 160 posts
    April 29, 2017 7:57 PM PDT

Aradune's armor in the stream was truly awesome.

I know this has been somewhat mentioned before, but after seeing that, I just want to bring it up again.

PLEASE don't go the way of the "other game", where everyone by level 15 has gobsmacking gorgeous, theme-based armor.

When I see someone roll into town wearing a matching full set of mirror-polished, neon-hued plate armor, I want to know that guy just came from the worst dungeon known to man, carrying phat lewts and heading to the bar to regale us with amazing stories. 

I wanna be that guy eventually, but I want to work my way there too.  Rusty chain and tattered cloth is part of the adventure too.

• 9115 posts
    April 30, 2017 4:24 AM PDT

We won't, we even stated in the stream it was specially made for him, Aradune 2.0, so don't worry, as much as we love Brad we even nerfed his flaming swords to be more in-line with normal weapons, we don't like giving anyone or anything an advantage! haha :D

• 1095 posts
    April 30, 2017 9:24 AM PDT

Yeah thats Brad's in game persona, complete with a custom class that no one else can play lol. I'm jealous.

• 2886 posts
    April 30, 2017 1:46 PM PDT

That's just Aradune's trademark appearance, going all the way back to EQ1 in 1999. He's always broken the rules lol, such as wielding a Paladin-only weapon on a Ranger...

• 16 posts
    April 30, 2017 2:30 PM PDT

Here is my favorite picture of Aradune.

• 16 posts
    April 30, 2017 2:53 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

That's just Aradune's trademark appearance, going all the way back to EQ1 in 1999. He's always broken the rules lol, such as wielding a Paladin-only weapon on a Ranger...

I could be remembering wrong, but I thought it had not existed for Paladins yet when Aradune had it in-game. It was just Aradune only at the time instead of Paladin only. :P

• 1095 posts
    April 30, 2017 5:27 PM PDT

Absolem said:

Bazgrim said:

I could be remembering wrong, but I thought it had not existed for Paladins yet when Aradune had it in-game. It was just Aradune only at the time instead of Paladin only. :P

Thats the Soulfire sword, Zam has it as Orginal content.

• 264 posts
    April 30, 2017 6:07 PM PDT

I heard a rumor That Armour was forged from The Sleepers Disco Ball. 

I was privey to wear the helmet for just a sec and this was playing loudly inside it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRFS8xuWD6U

It is Iconic , I loved seeing it in the stream. :)

• 16 posts
    April 30, 2017 7:56 PM PDT

Zeem said:

Absolem said:

Bazgrim said:

My info came from a developer journal somewhere. I'll see if I can find the information again.

EDIT: I found it. It was not Soulfire he was wielding. That sword had been recently discovered at the time but according to the source I read Brad had the Firey Avenger. The Firey Avenger had not been discovered or attained in game yet by any players. Aradune was the first to have it (Brad, please correct me if I am wrong!). We know now that Soulfire was used to eventually attain the Firey Avenger and then the Firey Defender, but players did not know that at the time.

This post was edited by Absolem at April 30, 2017 8:07 PM PDT
    • 513 posts
    April 30, 2017 9:37 PM PDT

I was a little disappointed myself.  I was hoping to see full Rubicite...

...the original stuff.

• April 30, 2017 9:42 PM PDT

Nephretiti said:

I was a little disappointed myself.  I was hoping to see full Rubicite...

...the original stuff.

It's in the back.

• 513 posts
    April 30, 2017 9:54 PM PDT

LOL, thank ya ma'am!

• 801 posts
    May 1, 2017 5:16 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

AAHH so true, I would have to bring out the old boxes i have hanging out here and see if his pally is on the box, i remember seeing it there all pimped out.

• 2886 posts
    May 7, 2017 10:01 AM PDT

Absolem said:

Zeem said:

Absolem said:

Bazgrim said:

My info came from a developer journal somewhere. I'll see if I can find the information again.

EDIT: I found it. It was not Soulfire he was wielding. That sword had been recently discovered at the time but according to the source I read Brad had the Firey Avenger. The Firey Avenger had not been discovered or attained in game yet by any players. Aradune was the first to have it (Brad, please correct me if I am wrong!). We know now that Soulfire was used to eventually attain the Firey Avenger and then the Firey Defender, but players did not know that at the time.

Seems about right.

From Aradune:

"Why did Aradune the Ranger in EQ wield a two-handed flaming sword called the Fiery Avenger.  Well, the first weapon we successfully attached particle effects to was that two-handed sword.  And I of course wanted to show it off in screenshots.  I had to make it Rangerable.  Kinda lame, I know."

(Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/1571/do-you-know-who-aradune-mithara-is/view/post_id/112017)

• 160 posts
    May 7, 2017 9:25 PM PDT

Brad owes me some fancy armor...cuz of all the times he killed me.......hehehe

• 81 posts
    May 9, 2017 1:05 PM PDT

I'm going to laugh if one of the devs reads this post and secretly puts a piece of armor or an armor set in the game called Brad's Green Pimp Daddy Armor.

It would be funny to me if it had no stats and we come to realize Brad was awesome all along and never really needed the armor. 

It would be even funnier if it had god-like stats or an effect that basically made you as powerful as a god, but the only class that could wear it was war wizard.  So all you could do is put it in your inventory and/or bank and stare longingly and lustfully at it.  

This post was edited by raelsmar at May 9, 2017 1:08 PM PDT
    • 1434 posts
    May 9, 2017 1:20 PM PDT

I hope my first robes are in tatters and my armor looks like metal plates held together with duct tape. Really important part of leveling up. I expect quite a few sets of dull looking gear and mismatch pieces before I'm ever able to have fancy looking equipment.