Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

The Gospel of Pantheon

• 23 posts
    April 28, 2017 9:45 PM PDT

I don't know about the rest of you, but has anyone else been going game to game in their raw boredom (Whilst waiting for this, naturally) just.. preaching the word of Pantheon?  I certainly have!  I cannot count how many games I've jumped too just making guilds and groups named "WTB Pantheon" or how many times I've told people there is.. a better thing a BETTER way out there!

Given, impatience is massive and most people cannot wait for when we finally get our hands on this.  However, I do hope other people preach the words of Pantheon so that we might have more numbers too play with.  Although, we all know it is still a niche crowd.. but it cannot hurt to have more people and even if only one of every ten realizes the greatness.. it is more numbers.

• 4 posts
    April 28, 2017 10:55 PM PDT
    Preach it brother!
    • 24 posts
    April 29, 2017 12:27 AM PDT

I haven't played any MMOs recently, the only current one I'm even remotely interested in is FFXIV when the xpac comes out this summer, but I know I'll get bored of that after a month so I don't think I'll even pick it up.
    I heard about Pantheon way back in 2014 when it first became a thing, but I didn't follow it too closely and only rediscovered it last week. My hype for this game is so immense that no other game keeps my interest. I have more fun reading these forums and watching the live streams than playing other games. I've been game hopping all week trying to get a fix big enough to shift my attention, but I just can't

• 23 posts
    April 29, 2017 7:51 AM PDT

Amen!  Our wait may be mighty, but I see no reason not to spread the good word too other games and worlds!  Me and my body were playing TESO and having an okay time with it.. watched the new stream and it has decimated my desire to play it.  Seems every stream they put out does this too me!

• 3852 posts
    April 29, 2017 9:06 AM PDT

I tried FFXIV and hated it once I got to maximum level. Dungeons were like mini-raids and all that mattered was knowing the mechanics and ability to get from one pixel to another on schedule. Ability to actually fight the mobs - strictly secondary.

I went back to EQ2 - much better but it has been trivialized and it didn't exactly start off as good a game as EQ though a much better interface.

I went back to Rift and am there at the moment challenging myself my trying to get one of each class to maximum level hardcore - delete the character if it dies.

DAOC may be next though mounted combat literally makes me quesy and I won't do it. At least one class can avoid using it, with difficulty and if I go back I may create 10 alts all of that class. Now THAT is boredom!

So, amen!

((waits for thread to be closed or moved to off-topic where similar threads exist - which doesn't reduce my hearty agreement with it))

This post was edited by dorotea at April 29, 2017 9:08 AM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    April 29, 2017 9:25 AM PDT

The community has been doing this for a while - the most strategic time is when there is a recent big change in another game. That's when you send out the missionaries! Cause that's usually when most people are unhappy with their current game and desperate for a solution. That's how we EQN orphans came here, it happened again when Landmark shut down, and when Daybreak bought out a bunch of other games like DDO, LotRO, etc. It's a lot easier to convert people if they are already looking for a new home.

But I am even considering making a video of me just going up to random people IRL like in the supermarket or whatever and trying to talk to them about Pantheon lol. I just need to convince my videographer that people aren't going to beat him up :P

• 23 posts
    April 29, 2017 9:28 AM PDT

Lol, that would be a pretty awesome video.  Roll up to some people.  "Excuse me, have you accepted Pantheon as your savior?"

• 24 posts
    April 29, 2017 9:30 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

But I am even considering making a video of me just going up to random people IRL like in the supermarket or whatever and trying to talk to them about Pantheon lol. I just need to convince my videographer that people aren't going to beat him up :P

Lmao that'd be hillarious. Going door to door with a pamphlet "Excuse me, do you have a moment to discuss our lord and savior Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen?"

• 2886 posts
    April 29, 2017 10:04 AM PDT

Ves1221 said:

Bazgrim said:

Lmao that'd be hillarious. Going door to door with a pamphlet "Excuse me, do you have a moment to discuss our lord and savior Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen?"

I actually had the exact same thought lol. It's just that recording going door-to-door can be a little iffy legally. But I'm trying to come up with a way to do something similar :P

• 9115 posts
    April 29, 2017 6:42 PM PDT

I love the thought behind this but please be careful to not get in trouble, a lot of companies, including us, would stop, warn, ban players for advertising another game within their community, whether it be in-game or outside on an official platform so please be respectful of their place of business. :)

• 160 posts
    April 29, 2017 9:24 PM PDT

Ves1221 said:

Bazgrim said:

I'm picturing this as next year's cosplay at Comic-Con.  A couple of guys in white short-sleeve shirts, ties, and a book tucked under their arm.

• 2886 posts
    April 30, 2017 1:58 PM PDT

corpserunner said:

Ves1221 said:

Bazgrim said:

I'm picturing this as next year's cosplay at Comic-Con.  A couple of guys in white short-sleeve shirts, ties, and a book tucked under their arm.

A while ago, I actually posted a meme like this here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3598/pantheon-meme-s/view/page/14

• 160 posts
    May 1, 2017 1:41 AM PDT

HAHA, that's brilliant!!!