Forums » The Rogue

Smoke and mirrors

• 215 posts
    April 28, 2017 5:56 PM PDT
    So seeing the ability in the stream as our 30 sec mez....I am not sure if anyone noticed this or not, but if you did lemme know!

Does using this ability break sneak hide / stealth or can it atleast be used from stealth then break hide?

• 8495 posts
    April 30, 2017 6:46 PM PDT

It can be used from sneak/hide, I can use Shadow Walk (which consumes mana every second I have it active) to walk to a mob and use Smoke and Mirrors to mez them, which would use a huge chunk of my END and not aggro anything, unless I failed the mez, then they would recognise me and attack and if it was an alarmist mob, call for help.

So Monks and any other class that gets FD would be better to pull/split etc. but Rogues can help if no one else is around or things get really bad for a group, our DPS is certainly are selling point though and that is what we are masters of :)

• 49 posts
    May 1, 2017 8:10 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

It can be used from sneak/hide, I can use Shadow Walk (which consumes mana every second I have it active) to walk to a mob and use Smoke and Mirrors to mez them, which would use a huge chunk of my END and not aggro anything, unless I failed the mez, then they would recognise me and attack and if it was an alarmist mob, call for help.

So Monks and any other class that gets FD would be better to pull/split etc. but Rogues can help if no one else is around or things get really bad for a group, our DPS is certainly are selling point though and that is what we are masters of :)

So rogues are going to use both mana and endurance as resources for their abilities? Are any of their skills going to be 'free'? Also will some classes starting with different coloured mana to others still be a thing as development gets further along?

• 8 posts
    October 28, 2017 8:56 AM PDT

I'd rather a blackjack like ability from vanguard. Something that's useable only from behind/srealthed. Something more limited that doesn't get to far into chanter territory.

• Wig
    • 180 posts
    January 1, 2018 10:30 AM PST
    Kilsin, you say monk or any other class that has FD would be a better puller. Is there a possibility another class will get FD?
    • 89 posts
    January 1, 2018 4:11 PM PST

@Wig

We don't "know" for sure, but my logical guess would be that the Dire Lords would get some form of FD. and when/"if" Necro's come out they will undoubtedly have a form of FD also

guesstimates and speculations as per the usual...

Who knows, maybe they throw a wrench in things and make the Clerics have FD on a long timer, in order to prevent wipes or  something. 

• 81 posts
    January 5, 2018 8:40 AM PST

I'm pretty excited about skills that work with at least a chance of not revealing the rogue. I opens lots of strategies that i really like. Even a little cc or any effect that doesn't bring you into combat can be used a lot during the hardest fights where you can get chopped in a few hits. That's also why i'm fond of traps, it's a way to make yourself useful without taking as many risks when used proprely.

This post was edited by Gideon at January 5, 2018 8:42 AM PST