Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Customer Service tools

• 510 posts
    April 26, 2017 8:19 PM PDT

I proposed a LOT of CS tools for other titles and was wondering if we could get a partial list of tools for the CS team for use in-game?  Is that asking too much?  Hope not..

Some of them included:

an addition client side filter that would allow the end-user to include words into a parser so that those specific words were not displayed on their client.

Reward system and tracking of same for CS staff in-game.  This would be to allow GMs/guides the ability to award some trivial items to users for different events/good play etc.  Be sure to track awards etc. so as to prevent folks from "creating" issues to game the CS team.

in-game jail.  AS the lead GM on another title I always felt like having to ban someone permanently from a title was a failure on my part as well as the players.  I would like to see some dev-time spent on creating a system whereby there is a shot at salvation for the chronically troubled.  Hmm, maybe forcing them to X number of mob-only sessions?

Do you have specific item tracking?  In one title we tracked every single item from it's creation to it's destruction.  This created an incredibly robust system for tracking everything.  It made duping a non issue, scamming was almost obliterated etc.  Such an easy system to work...

• 9115 posts
    April 27, 2017 3:43 AM PDT

I have moved this to Off-Topic as it doesn't relate to Dev Journals, we will speak more on GM, Guide, CS etc. tools with the people who are selected for those positions my friend, we can't discuss them publically for as number of reasons but more info on some of the things we can talk about will be revealed as we start getting into testing and talking about it.

• 129 posts
    April 28, 2017 5:21 AM PDT

Yeah, I hope I get to find out more myself. =) Good questions and suggestions though. It's awesome to see other people in the same industry coming to play this game!

• 126 posts
    April 29, 2017 6:08 AM PDT

A "wish list" for in-game CS is fine, and sometimes it does give them some ideas (as if they're little creative minds don't have craziness built in!), but a) it's probably too early and b) you can't let all the cats out of the bag! GMs have to have a few tricks up their sleeves, y'know! Remember when you first heard about the "cat room" the GMs in EQ had? It was a big surprise and, while it was where you got spanked, the talk oft he world! And the other one, with math all over the walls from their work on the game....I hated that one because I'm horrible at math and it drove me nuts looking! (yes, I got to see them - pictures are out there somewhere!)

I remember the first GM I ever saw in EQ... a DE all in black appeared in front of us on top of the bridge tower in NK. I think my eyes bugged out a foot! I'd never seen anything like that (think I was all of about lvl 10 at the time). Some games don't like their GMs to appear in the world, and I hate that! They add to the mystery and magic of the game (for those who still believe in such). And when they morph in front of you....There are still youngers who will be total newbs to MMORPGs. They deserve the magic! So let's let it stay and see what they come up with! We don't even know what kind of CS group/bot/person/god the game will have, and that's just fine!

S'PRIZE!