Forums » News and Announcements

Series A Funding for Pantheon is now complete!

• VR Staff
    • 104 posts
    • 1778 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:06 AM PDT

Awesome! Panthe-onward guys!

• 142 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:10 AM PDT

Series A funding allows the company to expand the team in almost every department and bring the game into a semi-private pre-alpha 

Hmmmm. Any more infoz on this little tidbit?

• 166 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:16 AM PDT
    Good to hear, if the funding is solid is always a good thing.

Does this have any influence on the VIP, champion or suppprter packages?
    • VR Staff
    • 104 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:18 AM PDT

Homercles said:

Series A funding allows the company to expand the team in almost every department and bring the game into a semi-private pre-alpha 

Hmmmm. Any more infoz on this little tidbit?

Nothing new to share yet I'm afraid. 

• 63 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:30 AM PDT

Awesome guys! Thanks for the update.

• 441 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:36 AM PDT

Yes very exciting news =-) So the question on everyones mind... will this mean the games release date could be sooner with more staff being added? 

• VR Staff
    • 104 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:40 AM PDT

The release date is still very much TBD, Nanfoodle. But it does allow progress in some areas that needed catching up, to be sure.

• 159 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:44 AM PDT

Congratulations to everyone at VR! Very excited to see the progress, and very much looking forward to the next live streams!

• 781 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:46 AM PDT

Awesome :) 

• VR Staff
    • 176 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:49 AM PDT

Good things come to those who wait :)

• 1919 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:55 AM PDT

From the release:

" Series A funding allows the company to expand the team in almost every department and bring the game into a semi-private pre-alpha state where external testers and focus groups can begin sampling the game. " (bolding mine)

So, that's great to hear.   However, the last statement offers some potentially conflicting information:

" Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is scheduled to enter into public testing later this year. " (again, bolding mine)

If public testing isn't semi-private testing, this would seem to indicate a significant change in scheduling, when compared to other commentary earlier this year on pre-alpha, alpha, and beta timelines.

If public testing is semi-private testing, then.. why the different wording? hrm. :|

• 563 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:56 AM PDT

Awesome news VR! Pantheon has taken another large step forward! :D

• 308 posts
    April 26, 2017 10:02 AM PDT

Congratulations VRI, looking forward to Pantheon's future!

• 81 posts
    April 26, 2017 10:11 AM PDT

Woohoo!  More good news!  Congrats VR!  Glad you guys are getting some additional, well-deserved revenue coming your way. 

• 2886 posts
    April 26, 2017 10:30 AM PDT

Congrats! Onward and upward!

P.S. I wonder if this means we'll hear less people talking like they'd know how to manage VR's "shoestring budget" lol

• 63 posts
    April 26, 2017 10:31 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Congrats! Onward and upward!

P.S. I wonder if this means we'll hear less people talking like they'd know how to manage VR's "shoestring budget" lol

Their too...Tied up...Wrapping their minds around it.

/pun

• 441 posts
    April 26, 2017 11:06 AM PDT

Is Series A funding what you need to cover till the launch of the game? What is Series B for? Expanions? 

• 249 posts
    April 26, 2017 11:37 AM PDT

For a layman.... What exactly is series A? I'm glad money isn't an issue for you guys. Can't wait to dive into Terminus :)

• 2886 posts
    April 26, 2017 11:49 AM PDT

Nanfoodle said:

Is Series A funding what you need to cover till the launch of the game? What is Series B for? Expanions? 

Ashvaild said:

For a layman.... What exactly is series A? I'm glad money isn't an issue for you guys. Can't wait to dive into Terminus :)

This should help give you a better idea: http://recomparison.com/comparisons/101328/series-a-vs-series-b-funding-what-is-the-difference/

• 441 posts
    • 248 posts
    April 26, 2017 12:37 PM PDT

Yay! Great news :D

-sorte.

• 249 posts
    April 26, 2017 1:06 PM PDT

Thanks for the links!

• VR Staff
    • 31 posts
    April 26, 2017 1:39 PM PDT

Ashvaild said:

All,

Please don't put too much stock in rigid definitions of Series A, B, etc. that you might find on the web.  

There is no "exact" meaning for Series A.  Every deal is different.  

Just because the web says that "Series A is that that or the other" doesn't necessarily mean such terms apply to VR's Series A.

It's as simple as this: seed comes first, then comes A, then comes B, etc.  That's all it means.  Just your good 'ole ABCs at the end of the day.

That being said, it's great news for Pantheon.  Fuel in the tank!

Onward!

• 15 posts
    April 26, 2017 1:52 PM PDT

What does this mean for those of us who put in Pledges?  will we still be the first Pre-Alpha Testers before it's opened up to others who haven't shelled out money?