Forums » Secret Class

Spellblade Class

• 23 posts
    April 25, 2017 3:23 PM PDT

After playing SOOO many fantasy MMOs, I have yet to see a arcane melee class. Like seriously, for many years I have been saying EQ could easily make another dual class between a warrior/wizard.

Pretty much like a ranger, make it a DPS class with some arcane/elemental weapon proc buffs and lower level wizard shield/rune/utility spells. Could certainly be a fun class to play, with the ability to change up elemental damage would help with the different types of elements the game is going to incorporate.

• 474 posts
    April 26, 2017 7:31 AM PDT

See now this... This is something I would love to see. A Spellsword would be awesome! Some light nukes, damage shields, magical protection boost buffs (like the general caster AC self buff in EQ), and Rune type spells to totally negate a bit of damage. Elemental weapon enchants that can be shared with the group and climate acclimation spells. Dual wield, leather armor.....

A class like this might rival the Ranger for my favorite class.

• 474 posts
    April 26, 2017 7:32 AM PDT

Aaaaand it would allow for someone to play an evil aligned "Ranger" like hybrid light melee DPS.

• 38 posts
    April 28, 2017 10:40 PM PDT

I've always loved the idea of playing a caster that uses a sword and shield and uses the magic to enhance abilities and embue the sword with effects and powers. Either that or a light armor, dual wield class with similar abilities, like the Spell Fencer from Bravely Default. The whole melee/wizard hybrid idea is so unappreciated and it makes me sad...

• 40 posts
    January 23, 2019 7:54 AM PST

I was going to say the same before i saw this post. Spell Sword would be great and has not really been done before?

I like the idea of a counter poart of the ranger, light melee fighter with some ranged attacks and utility.

• 474 posts
    January 23, 2019 6:10 PM PST

Warioc said:

I was going to say the same before i saw this post. Spell Sword would be great and has not really been done before?

I like the idea of a counter poart of the ranger, light melee fighter with some ranged attacks and utility.

Spellsword is actually a "specialization", for lack of a better term, in D&D 3rd edition i believe it was.

Final Fantasy's Red Mage is pretty close, though that class leans more heavily on the magic aspect than the melee.

It is also a type of spec in ArcheAge.

There are plenty of presidence for the class.

• 40 posts
    January 31, 2019 2:52 PM PST

I meent in MMOS, i played ArchAge when it was released but quickly stopped when they turned that into a pure cash grab. Never tried FF

• 7 posts
    February 13, 2019 7:38 PM PST
    Elder scrolls online has something similar I think. I have always loved this idea so when ESO came out they sold it as being able to make any type of class you wanted so I made a melee wizard. They have since become pretty popular I think, people call them stamsorc (stamina sorcerer) now. Lots of fun to play
    • 32 posts
    March 1, 2019 5:29 PM PST

Completely agree. A class that balances magic and melee. A jack of all trades would be awesome. It's got a totally different color, but ranger does kind of fill this role.