Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

New EQ2 Progression Server

• 1618 posts
    April 21, 2017 2:06 PM PDT

New EQ2 Progression server this summer. 12-week automatic expansion unlocks.

https://www.everquest2.com/news/producers-letter-april-2017-holly-lauren

Fallen Gate – New TLE Server

We’re going to be unlocking a new TLE server this year, Fallen Gate. This server will differ from Stormhold, as there won’t be voting and expansion content will open automatically every 12 weeks. There will be an exact schedule for this and you will know exactly what day each expansion will go live. As we get closer to release we will have more information, but we wanted to talk a bit about Heritage Quests on this server. As a benefit for those who play on the new server, so finishing Heritage Quests on Fallen Gate will unlock some cool rewards for your characters on the regular servers. In addition, there are lots of new achievements, titles, and rewards to be earned here for those who are interested.

This post was edited by Beefcake at April 22, 2017 7:52 AM PDT
    • 3237 posts
    April 21, 2017 2:45 PM PDT

Beefcake said:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/kander’s-candor-what’s-coming-up-in-2017.577982/

New EQ2 Progression server this summer. 12-week automatic expansion unlocks.

I played on an EQ2 Progression server about 1.5 years ago (Stormhold) and it was absolutely awful.  There were major aspects of the game that were completely busted so if anybody is looking to "relive" the original EQ2 experience ... I would strongly advise that you do some research on something like this before diving in.  When I played, casters had amazing "auto attack" damage and the majority of raid content was ruined by "all adds are now epic" buffs across the board.  Even if they did manage to fix some of this stuff, it took 18 months (and a new server) to get it done.  From what I have read, the only difference between Stormhold and Fallen Gate is that the expansions happen every 12 weeks rather than being voted on.

*Edit --  The link in the OP appears to be busted.

This post was edited by oneADseven at April 21, 2017 2:56 PM PDT
    • 11 posts
    April 21, 2017 8:20 PM PDT

Hexaholic said:

Is this really happening.  Link is broken, and I can't find anything else on about it.

After some research, it's definitely happening, just no date set up yet.

• 1618 posts
    April 22, 2017 7:54 AM PDT

Supposedly, they have a new dev dedicated to itemization, which was a big problem before.

I may try the EQ server for a month, then give EQ2 server a chance until pre-alpha.

• 7 posts
    April 28, 2017 10:41 AM PDT

Beefcake said:

Supposedly, they have a new dev dedicated to itemization, which was a big problem before.

I may try the EQ server for a month, then give EQ2 server a chance until pre-alpha.

This is true. I am currently playing on Stormhold and itemization is WAY WAY WAY better than it was on release. Stats are still inflated for example SF gear (raid gear end) will be like 140 stats. To balance this they are increasing mit on mobs so it evens out a bit but its still not has challanging. But with a Dev focused just on fixing the gear it has become better. TSO was his first expac and the changes were noticed and well recieved.

• 1095 posts
    June 14, 2017 12:48 PM PDT

I think the date is June 27 on the launch of Fallen Gate. I plan on rolling a toon to give me something to do since I did a progression server on EQ1 a while back, then lost intrest in that.

I already got the game installed and got all access ready to go.

Thinking of going Ranger, I used to play a necro way back in the day on eq2.

If Betraying is still in the game I want to go Iksar Ranger :)

This post was edited by Aich at June 14, 2017 12:49 PM PDT
    • 24 posts
    June 20, 2017 11:12 AM PDT

Yup got the game set up, installed and subscribed (getting bored of EQ1 Imperium Emulator lol) so will difinatly be on with Iviean.... i always roll Ranger so may just do Bard this time ... we need a Pantheon guild! 

• 2 posts
    June 20, 2017 11:28 AM PDT

Wife and I will be playing, probably defiler/necro. She loves the pet classes. Definitely interested in a Pantheon guild.

• 47 posts
    June 22, 2017 6:13 PM PDT

I'd be interested in a Pantheon guild also. I'll be playing a Warden. 

• 510 posts
    June 22, 2017 7:06 PM PDT

Supposedly, when you complete a heritage quest on this TLE server (Fallen Gate) you will unlock the lvl 100 version of the item on the normal live servers.  Provided you completed the HQ on the live servers, of course.  So yeah - lvl 100 version of J-Boots, SBD, PGT, SSoY, Dwarven Work boots, Bone Bladed Claymore (electrified too), and so on.

I agree - I think we should form a guild named Pantheon.  I don't think GHs will be available for some time though...

I'll be playing a SK, Ranger, Swashy, Illy, fury - I have learned that with 5 toons - you never run out of vitality.  Also, it should be noted that this is not a RACE type server.  There are no rewards for hitting max level ASAP.  The reward is doing the HQs.  I'll be doing this until my invite to Pantheon comes...

• 839 posts
    June 22, 2017 7:20 PM PDT

Hey guys,

I dont know if this question can be answered nor may i be able to say this in a way that anyone understands lol.. but would this be a version of EQ2 before they changed everything and made encounters big groups of really easy mobs all leased to each other and player mercs etc.

I may have a foggy memory of the game as it was originally started, but the mobs used to be more like EQ, on their own and each was much harder than after the change when everything became a group of easy mobs instead and the game became about spam AoE or go home. 

I might have got it all wrong, but that is as good as my memory serves me at the moment.

Cheers!

• 510 posts
    June 22, 2017 9:40 PM PDT

I just finished the Beta for this server.  I can tell you that it is NOT as hard as original EQ2 launch - WAY easier than that.  BUT - to be fair - it is not like live either.  They let someone loose in the database and now you get strangeness in some of the encounters.  Still way easier than original launch - but not as easy as live.  No /claims.  No vet bonus (and me with 22 characters at max...).  But if you're someone that has played or a long while you will do just fine.  Some of it might be slightly annoying but for the most part - should be fun.  I played the 5 toons I mentioned before for beta and managed to get em all into the 20's pretty quick.   Be sure to look me up when it goes live - we can have a good fun.

• 839 posts
    June 23, 2017 12:19 AM PDT

Cheers for the info Neph!  I'll keep an eye on it and check it out and look you up when it comes out! :)

Thanks again!

• 24 posts
    June 23, 2017 5:50 AM PDT

The 28th is approaching!  seems we even have some pretty good group set up, and looking for who's playing what I will definatly be Dirge-ing it (with a heally alt) and jeweler crafting. 

But yes it is much easier than vanilla (from beta and from the other TLE Stormhold).  It will be more difficult and slower leveling then Live, but this is a good think IMO.  TIME TO get those Prismatics!

• 21 posts
    June 24, 2017 9:54 AM PDT
    I'll be on. Not sure what class. Probably not a scout. All Non-Cleric healers, Sk/zerk and coercer are in play.
    • 6 posts
    July 24, 2017 5:17 AM PDT

Is there a pantheon guild on the server? I am about to start playing there and would love to join if there is.

• 24 posts
    July 26, 2017 6:58 AM PDT

no guild, couldnt really find anyone.  I am in Relapse, good guild if you want ot shoot Iviean or Xerisha a tell.  

cheers

• 6 posts
    July 26, 2017 7:31 AM PDT

I ended up in a guild called nostalgia, good group as well, also think i got a couple people from it to look at pantheon hehe.

• 363 posts
    July 30, 2017 4:25 PM PDT

I am Flossie on this server, level 50 ranger from Paradigm.