Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

• 513 posts
    April 18, 2017 9:13 PM PDT

'Nuff said.

• 1468 posts
    April 18, 2017 9:14 PM PDT

Nephretiti said:

'Nuff said.

I have no idea what you are talking about :).

• 513 posts
    April 18, 2017 9:16 PM PDT

Something to do while waiting for a dragon to spawn in EQ...

• 1468 posts
    April 18, 2017 9:28 PM PDT

Nephretiti said:

Something to do while waiting for a dragon to spawn in EQ...

Never used that command in all my 5 plus years of playing EQ.

• 409 posts
    April 19, 2017 2:11 AM PDT

deleted

This post was edited by Nimryl at August 23, 2017 8:02 AM PDT
    • 409 posts
    April 19, 2017 2:13 AM PDT

deleted

This post was edited by Nimryl at August 23, 2017 8:03 AM PDT
    • 308 posts
    April 19, 2017 5:32 AM PDT

For those who never experienced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YFeSnvYXFU

This post was edited by Reht at April 19, 2017 5:32 AM PDT
    • 1404 posts
    April 19, 2017 5:34 AM PDT

Knew about it from the day it was added, tried it,  played it maybe twice for 3-5 min each time. Considered it a sencless waste of time and waste of developer time and recources to have created it.

I found my down time was better spent chatting or organizing my spell book or inventory.

• 72 posts
    April 19, 2017 7:07 AM PDT

Lol yup played it tons when I was solo camping stuff for epic quests or eyepatch of plunder.

• 801 posts
    April 19, 2017 7:31 AM PDT

The only mini game i really wanted........

Playing EQ while waiting for everyone to prep to play against a boss mob.... see if i had a mini game of it, i could kill the boss all by myself, while waiting.

but oh no.... they make me wait.

/gems it was a good idea for people sitting down waiting, just today we have devices called Phones, tablets, laptops. Gems is downloaded for free these days.

Do you think when those devices came out? they thought of EQ?

• 422 posts
    April 19, 2017 9:20 AM PDT

Grimvalor said:

or eyepatch of plunder.

You sadist....

Gems accounted for a lot of wated time waiting on boats for sure.

• 2752 posts
    April 19, 2017 9:26 AM PDT

I played this all the time while camping things. Loved it. 

• 432 posts
    April 19, 2017 12:22 PM PDT

Zorkon said:

Knew about it from the day it was added, tried it,  played it maybe twice for 3-5 min each time. Considered it a sencless waste of time and waste of developer time and recources to have created it.

I found my down time was better spent chatting or organizing my spell book or inventory.

I feel somewhat the same. I believe the developers understand that in this day people will alt tab and have plenty to do. Or simply resize the game so they can do something else. Or use their smartphone

Sent via mobile

-Todd. 

• 129 posts
    April 22, 2017 8:40 AM PDT

Zorkon said:

Oh look, the life of the party has arrived! At some point, you are already in VOIP chatting while raiding. At some point, your spells will already be organized. It was nice to play and compete with other guildies while we killed dragons, because let's face it facts, if you were not racing... EQ raids were so easy they were boring. #onlyaboutlootcollection.

• 249 posts
    April 22, 2017 8:23 PM PDT
    Played EQ through luclin....Never knew about this
    • 399 posts
    April 22, 2017 9:04 PM PDT

Zorkon said:

I feel somewhat the same. I believe the developers understand that in this day people will alt tab and have plenty to do. Or simply resize the game so they can do something else. Or use their smartphone

Sent via mobile

-Todd. 

[/block-quote]

Alt tab wasn't an option in eq for a long time...but you're right today there's plenty other stuff to do simultanously. Not need to waste devs time. 

• 119 posts
    April 23, 2017 5:02 AM PDT

maybe a good idea would be to make an app for smartphones/tablets, that is a game-related minigame. that way those who want such a minigame can have one, those who don't care don't have to see it, and it could pay its own development (buying or microtransactions). it could even import data from the game, as long as people don't get any benefit in pantheon from playing the minigame. also, playing your minigame would not reduce your vision in pantheon.

• 2886 posts
    April 23, 2017 10:20 AM PDT

letsdance said:

maybe a good idea would be to make an app for smartphones/tablets, that is a game-related minigame. that way those who want such a minigame can have one, those who don't care don't have to see it, and it could pay its own development (buying or microtransactions). it could even import data from the game, as long as people don't get any benefit in pantheon from playing the minigame. also, playing your minigame would not reduce your vision in pantheon.

To be fair, it would still kinda reduce your vision in that you can only be looking at one thing at a time. If you're looking at your phone, you're not paying as much attention to the computer. But anyway, I think /gems was a thing back in the day because phone game apps were not as common. These days, anyone can pull out their phone and play Candy Crush or Bejeweled or whatever the heck you wanna play while you're waiting, so I don't really see much of a point in developing a whole separate mini game.

• 119 posts
    April 23, 2017 12:09 PM PDT

well, the point is that you can kill time while waiting and still be somehow connected to the game. i wouldn't use such an app (nor a inside minigame), but i can see that it could make a difference for some people. at least if it uses some ingame data, like compare high scores with, or play against, friends, use your name and equipment, sends you tells that you get ingame, whatever. yes it does still distract you, but less than a minigame on screen. for people like myself it would be an acceptable solution if it somehow generates money to cover its own development costs.

• 399 posts
    April 23, 2017 9:21 PM PDT

Or while you wait for mana or a spawn or whatever, you could socialize with members in your group or in the zone etc.  what a concept!

• 9115 posts
    April 23, 2017 11:45 PM PDT

Durp said:

Or while you wait for mana or a spawn or whatever, you could socialize with members in your group or in the zone etc.  what a concept!

/s What! No way, that will never catch on :D

I don;t personally think we will need anything like this in-game, I have a feeling the community will interact a lot more than they think :)

• 399 posts
    April 23, 2017 11:49 PM PDT

/agree 

oops forgot that's against rules. I agree. I think that true gamers for a long time will talk about the wonders of prf before they feel the need to resort to engaging in other activities tbh

This post was edited by Durp at April 23, 2017 11:52 PM PDT
    • 37 posts
    April 24, 2017 2:48 AM PDT

Raise a hand those that have died cause the cleric was playing /GEMS  *Raises hand*

• 513 posts
    April 24, 2017 9:37 AM PDT

I personally think there should be some form of multi-player 3D gems...  just saying.