Forums » The Skar

Rping as Skar

• 94 posts
    April 15, 2017 8:55 PM PDT

Now, it may just be me but considering the general personality of the Skar with their harsh enviroment and the hatred they bare, I would imagine that it would be much more difficult to succesfully RPing as a Skar that meets the general idea of the race among other people. What're your thoughts on this? Seems a majority of the community aren't RPers but regardless, I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas :)

• 152 posts
    April 16, 2017 10:26 AM PDT

I was going to make a snarky reply about one-dimensional evil and darth hitlers, but in all seriousness, check out Rev Bem from Andromeda: https://www.google.com/search?q=rev%20bem%20magog

• 234 posts
    April 16, 2017 1:02 PM PDT
    I think if you wanted to RP a villain a Skar would be a great choice.
    You could manipulate others by using their disdain/ fear they have for you.
    If you are RPing on VoIP, the voice alone would be worth it.
    I also think you would be an appreciative group member because as a skar you generally don't prefer to battle alone (overwhelm with numbers)
    • 322 posts
    May 26, 2017 9:27 AM PDT

I plan on rping as a skar shaman once VR tells us more about the race/class so I suppose I should make my obligatory post here.

I like the idea of skar being villains but how that plays out can be turned on it's head.

After all you have villians who:

1. Want to see something burn, think warriors that just want to kill/pillage everything, or avenger types like Naruto's Sasuke. 

2. Want to rule over something or survive under some ruler (and hopefully get a high position), like Voldemort from Harry Potter or Saruman from LOTR.

3. Want to drastically change the status quo (for the worst) without ruling everything..Like forcing everyone to join their minds to a collective conciense so they can stop lying and warring (bad guys with good ideals behind their evil doings are always interesting), or making everything cease to exist.  Even bad guys who just want to see how people react in negative situations, like batman's Joker (sometimes), or who want to give up their sense of self for some evil purpose (becomming a mindless thrall for your evil god) could fall in this category.

To accomplish these goals the bad guys could be capable of all sorts of relationships with different races and groups. For example, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Any "vengeance at all costs" bad guy could be seen allying with anyone they feel increases their power. 

Another example could be bad guys who pretend they want the best for someone to make use of their abilities. Voldemort started out by convincing his followers he was going to change a faulty government system to one which allows wizards to stop hiding (which isn't so bad). Darth Siddius' relationship with pre Darth Vader Anekin also comes to mind. 

While trying to accomplish his goals your character could even have some sort of awakening that turns him into a full on good guy. Darth Vader and Saul(you may know him as Paul) both turned good in the end after such awakenings.

Skar will probably turn out to love battle as much as it appears (not trying to make assumptions here but...probably). You can play off the "burn the world" type. Skar live in groups so you can probably play off social ruler types of bad guy as well, especially if Averish started as a Skar.  Those, if any, who worship the nine god may even support some type 3 values, depending on who the nine god turns out to actually be. 

My own basic idea is that my shaman started as a burn the world typical skar who wanted to kill things he didn't like. By some shamanly awakening he sees the skar kiilling themselves and wants it to stop so they can accomplish some goal I haven't decided yet. Maybe he wants a high position which he can use to battle with nearby races he does not like. Maybe he really is a good fellow who doesnt want his race to flat out die (perhaps his awakening included benign spirits who changed his moral set about). Whatever the case may be, he will be working with members of other races to accomplish his own goals (which could for example involve stopping groups of skar who flat out disagree with him or stopping outside negative influences of my devising).

I hope my musings help with any trouble rping your skar in with the other races. Good luck!

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at May 26, 2017 9:38 AM PDT