Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

I have a question....

This topic has been closed.
    • 26 posts
    April 15, 2017 11:31 AM PDT

In most of the MMOGs I have played there has been only one craft per toon.  Why can't one toon eventually be able to craft evrything, or at least the basics in everything.  I'm playing ArchAge right now and one toon can learn every craft.  True, it does take a while but I think that is the beauty of it.  Insteadof constantly grinding on one thing, you can break it up and work on one or two skills a day or play period then go adventuring or working on your build.  We are going to be able to build our own buildings (homes, taverns, etc)

These are just some thoughts I had and thought I would ask.  :)

Stargem, the original since 1999

• 2886 posts
    April 15, 2017 12:45 PM PDT
    • 1618 posts
    April 15, 2017 1:56 PM PDT

Because in Pantheon, one character is not meant to do everything.  It's about working together as a community. 

• 3852 posts
    April 16, 2017 8:33 AM PDT

From the player's point of view it may not matter much whether you do everything with one character or need multiple characters. or it may matter - there are different views.

From the game's point of view there are definite advantage to encouraging people to have "alts" - it keeps many of us playing, and paying, longer.

• 264 posts
    April 16, 2017 9:32 AM PDT

Actually ArcheAge requires "specialization snowflakes" to get more than 7 professions above amateur. Also AA after the 3.0 patch has one of the largest grinds I have ever seen for professions short of EvE online. While Vanguard:SOH had an amazing in depth crafting system it was not nearly as grindy as ArcheAge. And that's saying something since Vanguard:SOH took quite a bit of time and effort to max out a profession!

• 26 posts
    April 16, 2017 10:10 AM PDT

Ziegfried said:

Actually ArcheAge requires "specialization snowflakes" to get more than 7 professions above amateur. Also AA after the 3.0 patch has one of the largest grinds I have ever seen for professions short of EvE online. While Vanguard:SOH had an amazing in depth crafting system it was not nearly as grindy as ArcheAge. And that's saying something since Vanguard:SOH took quite a bit of time and effort to max out a profession!

Loved Vanguard, unfortunatly, at the time my graphis couldn't handle it and I had to quit.  I was sorry to see it go.

• 26 posts
    April 16, 2017 10:11 AM PDT

dorotea said:

From the player's point of view it may not matter much whether you do everything with one character or need multiple characters. or it may matter - there are different views.

From the game's point of view there are definite advantage to encouraging people to have "alts" - it keeps many of us playing, and paying, longer.

Tell me about it.  On EQ2 I have a tailor, a carpenter, an armorer, etc, etc, etc.  Can't keep up with them....LOL

• 319 posts
    April 16, 2017 10:31 AM PDT

stargem said:

In most of the MMOGs I have played there has been only one craft per toon.  Why can't one toon eventually be able to craft evrything, or at least the basics in everything.  I'm playing ArchAge right now and one toon can learn every craft.  True, it does take a while but I think that is the beauty of it.  Insteadof constantly grinding on one thing, you can break it up and work on one or two skills a day or play period then go adventuring or working on your build.  We are going to be able to build our own buildings (homes, taverns, etc)

These are just some thoughts I had and thought I would ask.  :)

Stargem, the original since 1999

I like the LOTRO style crafting.  Maybe if you combined 2 schools of crafting and gathering it would help some folks. But I like to stick with a single school of crafting at one time. If you do not it seems you need Fort Knox to save all the crap you pick up.

If you align the character level with the level of crafting  it makes it harder to use alts to craft in other schools unless you level them as well. My ideal crafting would be to make crafting so hard that you can only craft one type of item- be it armor or weapons or food- that people would still rely on fellow players to get the items they can not make.

Maybe  "hard" is not the right term for this, maybe time consuming or complicated is a better term. But please do not make it so bad that you lose too many mats  with failures that it is too expensive.Try to keep rare mats from poofing easily and maybe return them on failure.

• 9115 posts
    April 16, 2017 4:57 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Join the discussion in this thread: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4639/one-tradeskill-per-player/view/page/1

As Bazgrim kindly pointed out, we already have an existing thread on this exact topic, so please join that one as I will need to go ahead and close this one down for being a duplicate. Please use the search function prior to creating a new thread as more often than not you will find that your question has already been answered over the last few years of development. :)