Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Major personal question

This topic has been closed.
    • 4 posts
    April 14, 2017 6:42 PM PDT

I have one major question to VR.

My work schedule very awkward I do 12 hours shifts at night, 3 on 4 off then 4 on and 3 off and so on.

Then every seven weak I flop from begging of the weak to the end and so on. Usually my weekends shot.

I still game from 10 to 20 hours weekly, but at random times. So the question is:

Is this game going to have enough solo content for people like me who can’t commit to specific time and have to depend on random groups and solo content?

Because I LOVE what you planned and have done to this game and I really want to play it.

I feel like game has great potential and you guys love what you are doing. But there are also a lot of people like me who has weird schedules, but want to play this game.

• 1468 posts
    April 14, 2017 7:13 PM PDT

dragonan said:

I have one major question to VR.

My work schedule very awkward I do 12 hours shifts at night, 3 on 4 off then 4 on and 3 off and so on.

Then every seven weak I flop from begging of the weak to the end and so on. Usually my weekends shot.

I still game from 10 to 20 hours weekly, but at random times. So the question is:

Is this game going to have enough solo content for people like me who can’t commit to specific time and have to depend on random groups and solo content?

Because I LOVE what you planned and have done to this game and I really want to play it.

I feel like game has great potential and you guys love what you are doing. But there are also a lot of people like me who has weird schedules, but want to play this game.

The servers should be pretty full so I imagine finding a group won't be a problem for when you are around and you could join a casual guild for guild groups when you are around. That is what I would do anyway. That way you'd make friends with other players as well.

• 780 posts
    April 14, 2017 8:26 PM PDT

I also work 12-hour night shifts.  It's tough.  I'm not sure about solo content, but hopefully we can get back to the way things were in early EverQuest, when your top dungeons would be populated around the clock.  You could also look into a European or Oceanic guild so you could possibly raid before or after work, if you're interested in raiding.

• 154 posts
    April 14, 2017 8:43 PM PDT

I would take Cromulent's advice. Please read Pantheon's FAQ if you haven't yet. This will let you know of VR's Direction and Intent. There will be some solo content, though it's not VR's focus atm. VR is designing Pantheon to be primarily a group focused game. To expand on Cromulent's suggestion, if I were you, I would look for a sizable casual guild. This way you're likely to have guildies on at all hrs. I say this out of experience from MMO's I've played. Also may I advise that you make as many friends in game as possible. That'll also give you a larger pool of people to group with when you're on. Also, as you meet people you may run into others with schedules simular to yours and this may be an oportunity to form your own guild. Furthermore... if you do not mind making a class that's very desirable for groups such as: a Cleric or Warrior you'll probably get invites to groups as you log in. I remember that happening a lot in EQ. I know it's kind of limiting though it may greatly increase your chances for a group.

Keep following Pantheon. Try it when it comes out. If it's not solo friendly enough for you simply try another game. A friend of mine is always talking about the City of Titans game that's also in Development. It's a Super Hero Game. It'll be both group and solo friendly from my understanding. I've played City of Hero's Game which Titan is the successor too. Hero's had an awesome character creation system. Someone could literally spend hours making a character, if they wanted too. Though please know I'm here because I want a group focused game.  this may not be for everyone.

Anyway, I'm not trying to discourage you. Please don't take my responce that way. It's important that you know and understand VR's vision, so you can make an informed choice. To help you make that choice may I humbly suggest that you carefully watch the podcasts and read the forums.When reading the forums please, please read Kilson's Replies to threads. Kilsin VR's Moderator here. He's very very good at bringing threads to the reality of VR's Vision for Pantheon. People can post what they want though, VR is the final word, it's they who're developing Pantheon afterall.

Anyway, welcome to Pantheon. I look forward to seeing you in game at launch. Until then please hang out with us in the Forums. 

This post was edited by Risingmist at April 14, 2017 8:47 PM PDT
    • 154 posts
    April 14, 2017 8:58 PM PDT

Shucklighter also has good advice too.

• 4 posts
    April 14, 2017 9:25 PM PDT

This is why i post it here now, so VR could be aware of diferent situations in people’s life. Because before when we all were young and had all time in a world we could play at any time and for long time periods. Now real life has upper hand over many people.

Why did post? In hope VR can find great solution for people like me before game gets released.

Thank you guys for responses J

I do believe we should keep having this type of conversations. 

• 154 posts
    April 14, 2017 9:40 PM PDT

dragonan said:

This is why i post it here now, so VR could be aware of diferent situations in people’s life. Because before when we all were young and had all time in a world we could play at any time and for long time periods. Now real life has upper hand over many people.

Why did post? In hope VR can find great solution for people like me before game gets released.

Oh Friend, there's been quite a lot of discussion on this. There's a Search Threads field that you can use to find the debates on Solo Play and other topics. The forums have been going on for several years now. I'd type in key words I want to know about and see what threads pop up. As far as solo play, I wish ya luck. If VR does allow for soloability that's fine, so long as it's not like in WoW. WoW = Care Bearing in the extreme. Each their own. I'd rather group up with people.

• 9115 posts
    April 14, 2017 11:44 PM PDT

dragonan said:

Using the search function and typing in "Solo" I was faced with ten (10) results, one of the bigger threads is this one: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/1546/solo-play

In our FAQ https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/ we cover this as well:

1.4 Will you be able to solo in Pantheon?

Yes. While most content will be designed for groups, there will typically also be content that is soloable. Some classes may solo better than other classes.

The team has also been vocal in many podcasts and streams in saying that you will be able to achieve a lot within a 1-3 hour play session but it is ultimately up to the players to go and find things to do.

I will have to go ahead and close this thread now as it is a duplicate and has been discussed many times, I would suggest using the search function prior to creating any new threads as more often than not you will find that your question has already been answered over the last few years of development.

Feel free to join in on some of the already existing threads but any new ones will be closed to save forum space and to keep information easy to find and consolidated for collection.