Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Thronefast new colour?

• 483 posts
    April 14, 2017 1:04 PM PDT

In the new percepetion video, at 1:44 , there are 2 darker pillars, is that the new colour Thronefast will have? I'm curious about this, and like it because suits the castle a lot more.

• 633 posts
    April 14, 2017 1:55 PM PDT

Nice catch!

• 72 posts
    April 14, 2017 4:52 PM PDT

Perhaps it's additional advanced shadowing or shading which was recently added to the games level of detail texturing?  I notice the sun seems to be somewhere in the back of the castle, illuminating portions of more rounded sectioning of the castle's towers.

Ahh! NOW I see what you mean.  It's as though the two supporting buttresses are made of a form of cast iron or of bronze alloy make. 

This post was edited by Farrinard at April 14, 2017 4:55 PM PDT
    • 264 posts
    April 14, 2017 5:08 PM PDT

Maybe those are water overflow towers, they control flooding in the water catchment system for the city. They are staged in height to allow more drainage as the level rises to prevent down stream flooding unless there is a large weather event, in that case all of them would be under water and flowing. That is my first impression, probably wrong, but it would be interesting to find out why.

Or even better they could be the top of an old style water turbine. The top has Air intakes that would make it work better to let air in the top of the tower when the underwater door is opened. The turbines raise and lower some huge gates in the city. 

This post was edited by Skycaster at April 14, 2017 5:17 PM PDT
    • 542 posts
    April 14, 2017 5:15 PM PDT

The Kraken has been acting wild during the nights ,so they had to strengthen the walls

• 72 posts
    April 14, 2017 5:40 PM PDT

Skycaster said:

Maybe those are water overflow towers, they control flooding in the water catchment system for the city. They are staged in height to allow more drainage as the level rises to prevent down stream flooding unless there is a large weather event, in that case all of them would be under water and flowing. That is my first impression, probably wrong, but it would be interesting to find out why.

Or even better they could be the top of an old style water turbine. The top has Air intakes that would make it work better to let air in the top of the tower when the underwater door is opened. The turbines raise and lower some huge gates in the city. 

If that is the case, then that's impressive attention to detail. 

• 248 posts
    April 15, 2017 1:43 AM PDT

jpedrote said:

In the new percepetion video, at 1:44 , there are 2 darker pillars, is that the new colour Thronefast will have? I'm curious about this, and like it because suits the castle a lot more.

I notised them too. I really like the look and colour, and I'm now trying to imagin all of Thronefast looking like this :D

-sorte.

• 1434 posts
    April 15, 2017 2:56 PM PDT

I kind of hope the castle gets a little darker and more textured (dirt, mold, stains, rust, algae, flora/fauna, as well as unique pieces both broken and ornate). I've noticed a few areas now that look just a little too bright and clean to look natural. Another would be the temple we've been seeing lately. Something about it is just a little too clean and polished, and not rugged and aged like you would expect. This is of course still early, and well before final art passes, but I would expect more broken pillars, more debris, and some things in more of a state of disrepair.

Of course, maybe with the age of structures and the timeline in the world, it may support the newer look.

This post was edited by Dullahan at April 15, 2017 3:08 PM PDT
    • 144 posts
    April 16, 2017 5:43 PM PDT

I keep watching this video and thinking to myself "...this is pre-pre-alpha?" and that I am going to be so happy to explore this world at release if it looks this good at pre-pre-alpha

Having said that, I'm hoping that VRI will be able to keep a large portion of the game out of the pre-release alpha and beta tests so that on release there is content that no one knows a thing about and has to explore and find things